Beautiful Victorian home's groovy, English basement apartment in quiet part of DC's hottest rising neighborhood close to everything. Lots of windows, light, opens to back garden, awesome neighbors in close community where people say hello when passing. Bloomingdale bars, cafes, restaurants, 15 min walk to Shaw Metro & U Street Corridor. Walk, bike or metro to: Capitol, Museums, 9:30 Club, Red Hen, Big Bear Café, Showtime Bar, Nellies, Howard Theater, Hospitals & Universities.
- Smoking allowed in back garden. Put butts in sand containers--do not flick them into yard or alley.
- No cats please to prevent allergens for future guests.
- Respect my good neighbors by not being loud outside, especially after 10pm.
- Please no loud parties beyond a dinner party.
- Never flush such things as paper towels, tampons, feminine napkins, or floss down the toilet to prevent flooding.
- Never pour coffee grounds into garbage disposal to prevent dishwasher flooding.
- Keep exterior doors locked.
- Please respect the house. I take good care of it & love this place:)
- Feel free to use dehumidifier in front bedroom closet as DC can be humid.
- Return parking pass before you leave. The pass is free to use, but you will be charged $100 for replacement if you dont return it. This covers cost of replacement and our work applying for future guest parking permits as we wait for a replacement pass, which can take several weeks.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View other reviews
Originally from Wisconsin & bounced around the world a bit living in LA, Olympia, Amsterdam, Lelystad, Alden, London, & DC. I'm a mix of city & country. Love wonders of science, physics, nature, and art. I work at the National Institutes of Health in the Division of AIDS Research and in the Vaccine Research Center assisting with Zika clinical trials. The combination of growing up in my mom's spotless house, and years of keeping a lab nice and sterile, makes me keep the apartment very clean - I spend A LOT of time cleaning it each time.
I tend to get along with most everyone as I usually don't see faults--just endearing quirks. If I have time, I enjoy taking people for walks in my neighborhood explaining some history while enjoying the architecture, bumping into neighbors & sometimes stopping in a local gem hole in the wall.
My favorite travel destinations to date have been South Africa's Kruger National Park, The Amazon Forest, Balogna, Italy and, of course, Random Lake, Wisconsin:)