Modern, comfortable, perfect for two. Be anywhere in Central London within 30-40 mins, so cool for exploring London like a local with a home here. Great for couples, solo adventurers and business travellers.
I have lived here for 5 years and it's a perfectly sized flat for 2 people. It's very modern and has all the stuff you are likely to need. My friends describe the space as a very zen! It's in a secure gated building and there is a courtyard with quite pleasant lawn space you can use. Neighbours are quiet and friendly, but there are times you can hear some sounds from the flats next door and some street sounds when the doors and windows are open. Although it's not intrusive but am letting you know to manager expectations. It's double glazed and quite warm. Overall, it's a quiet, lovely, airy place.
You can use the full flat including the kitchen, washer and also the dish washer if you need. You can buy food and keep in the fridge. I will keep some closet space free that you can use along with clean towels, some basic toiletries. Basically, treat as your own home.
As it's my primary home, you may find some medicines. Please do not use any medicines even if it's just paracetamol. There is a pharmacy in the nearby supermarket where you can buy any medications you require. Although, I hope you won't need any!
Finally, I am south indian and eat very spicy food. You can use the basic condiments in the kitchen, i.e. salt, pepper, oil...but please do not use any other spices as it may be too much for you!
Interaction with guests
If I am in town when you arrive, I will greet you and then leave you. If not, you will be collecting keys from my cleaner or a neighbour. I expect to be available on phone, email or through airbnb. More than happy to chat before you arrive to help you make your London plans and feel free to contact me anytime during your stay if you need any help or advise.
Other things to note
The flat is on the 2nd floor and there is no lift.
Check in by 5 pm please.
- It's a nice, clean space and I would request that guests make themselves comfortable but please keep it clean and tidy. Take care as you would do at home - so close balcony doors when you are out, no loud music or noise after say 10 pm so my neighbours are not disturbed.
- Keys - If I am around, I will hand you keys and show you around. If not, I will communicate with you before you arrive to give you details of my building caretaker who will meet you and hand you the keys. When you check out you can either hand keys back to caretaker/me or I may ask you to pop them in the mail box.
- Sorry, no check in on 24th and 25th Dec as I won't be able to arrange for keys to be handed to guests on these days.
- No additional guests please.
- Please go through the listing description and also the House Manual for more details.
Avid traveller and nature favourites include watching the aurora borealis at the foot of a glacier in remote Alaska and immersing myself in the warmth of Cuban culture and hospitality. Born in India but made in Britain having lived in the UK for 13 years. London has been my home for 6 years now and I love this city...each time I walk by the Thames and come upon the Tower Bridge, I fall in love with London all over again. I have been an AirBnB guest only a couple of times...once in Cuba which I had to book through a friend in the US and hence why there is only one review for me. Am a new host and looking forward to having my first guests soon I hope. Where ever you are travelling from, I hope staying at my place will play a role in making you fall in love with London too.