The beauty of this Arecibo home encompasses the charming and welcoming nature of the Puerto Rican people and the vibrant colorful atmosphere of the island. Located on a quiet gated community 2 minutes from highway #2 and 5 minutes from interstate 22, makes it a safe and convenient location for anyone wanting to explore the island, while having accessible necessities and a number of tourist attractions within a few minutes drive.
Also, enjoy Wi-Fi and access to Netflix during your stay.
*Very bright home with a lot of natural light.
*Fully equipped kitchen
* Air conditioning units in two out of the three bedrooms.
*Ceilings fans and/or portable fans throughout the rest of the house.
*Portable picnic table and grill that you can move and use in our lovely backyard.
*Beach chairs and children's beach toys.
*Large flat screen TV in the living room with DVDs for all ages.
*Queen size sofa bed in living room
The entire house is accessible with the exception of the downstairs area which faces the backyard. We have some gym equipment there that will be off-limits to guests. Our lot of land is somewhat large but we will keep access to guests limited to the areas that are being currently mowed and maintained. The backyard directly behind the house is accessible.
Interaction with guests
While we do not live in Puerto Rico we do have a handyman, Luis, that will be available for emergency repairs. We are accessible by phone throughout your stay if you have any questions about the home, local area or just want some tips/suggestions.
Other things to note
*There is hot water throughout the house.
*Enjoy netflix on our large flat screen smart TV.
*There are a few beach toys and chairs guests are welcome to use.
- Upon check in, you may turn on the a/c in the two bedrooms. These units are more efficient if you let them run throughout your stay rather than turning them on every night and turning them off in the morning. Please make sure, though, to turn the a/c units off right before you check out at the end of your stay.
- Do not leave ANY food outside of fridge (ants will find anything you leave out).
- Blue pick-up truck in garage is property of the owner and should NOT be used/handled by any guest under any circumstance.
- Trash day is every Wednesday. You do not need to take any trash out during your stay but if you wish to do so there is a trash can outside in the front of the house. Make sure trash is inside plastic bag before discarding into trash can.
- Always close garage door.
- Please do not throw any toilet paper inside the toilets to be flushed. Always use trash can. The water system in Puerto Rico is weak and clogging toilets is very easy.
- This is a residential gated community. Please respect the neighbors and observe the quiet hours after 10:00pm.
- The downstairs area facing the backyard has a half bathroom that guests may use, but please do not use the gym/weight lifting equipment in that area. It could be hazardous to operate this equipment and we recommend keeping unsupervised children away from this area.
- The rack inside the garage has equipment and items that are for the homeowner's personal use. We have some beach chairs and children's beach toys on that same rack that you may use, but please refrain from using anything else on that rack and keep unsupervised children away from it.
Traveling is one of my biggest passions! I love exploring/staying in new places and recently set the goal of visiting a new country ever year. So far my husband and I have been able to visit the Dominican Republic and Brazil for the 2016 Olympics! My heart, though, is in my beautiful island of Puerto Rico. Most of my family still lives there so we like to visit them at least once a year. We would probably get to travel internationally more often if we didn't visit PR so often, but as you will soon find out, the island has a way of enchanting your mind and soul... to me, it's where I'm the happiest... it's home.
Our beautiful Arecibo home was passed on from my father to me. I loved this house growing up and I am sure you will love it too.