Have you ever slept in an octagon cabin along the river? Well now you will get an opportunity to do that! Our place is great for couples and families. The resident woodpecker, Knotty, is sitting in the tree out front, waiting to welcome you to our cabin in Sunshine Valley.
Sit on the deck with your morning coffee and listing to the Sumallo River along with the birds waking and watch the sun rising over the hilltops.
After breakfast walk along the stream bank up to the big bridge that takes you onto a forestry road that will lead you to endless choices of paths and trails to follow.
Be aware the downstairs fireplace is in the centre of the hallway. There are nightlights available to guide you during the night so that you do not encounter the stove on the midnight run to the fridge. You will want to ensure your little ones do not touch the stoves!
- The Fire Regulations posted at entrance of Sunshine Valley MUST be followed. If campfires are allowed, they must be accompanied by open 5 gallon pail of water, fire extinguisher, or a live water hose. Flame must not exceed a height of more than 2 feet.
- Recreational vehicles must be licenced and operated by a licenced driver. The RCMP are regularly in Sunshine Valley to verify these Provincial requirements.
- BBQ and wrap-around deck are available for use. BBQ must be moved away from the house as it will get extremely hot.
- Cabin heating is via wood burning stove, propane gas stove and individual room electric heaters.
- There is no wi-fi, cellular reception or cable. You are totally disconnected, except for a landline.
Our family has grown up living in the beautiful outdoors of British Columbia. There is always something to enjoy outside, no matter what the weather. We look forward to sharing Sunshine Valley with you as we explore this wonderful world.