Our property is excellently placed by the River Thames for some of London's most iconic landmarks such as Tower Bridge and Tower of London and is also close to London's financial districts of Bank and Canary Wharf. You'll love our apartment not only because of the neighbourhood and outdoors space but also because our building is secure and our apartment is modern, spotless and has unlimited super fast fibre hyperoptic broadband.
Our place is on the eastern edge of Wapping, within a Riverside* development, next to Limehouse and vibrant cosmopolitan Canary Wharf. The apartment is approx. 1 minute from the River Thames where you can walk, jog or cycle along the waterfront and is only 5 minutes from Limehouse station. Our property is on the upper ground floor with access to a lift/elevator which is very useful for those with luggage, a buggy/stroller or a wheelchair.
We offer complimentary breakfast items (tea/ coffee/ sugar/ sweeteners/ biscuits/ Options chocolate sachets/ bread/ butter/ jam/ juice and milk).
Staying at ours also means you are only about 18 minutes away from central London (Oxford Street) which in London that is a luxury in terms of time and you have the added bonus of more space for your money in a modern, safe and spotless apartment in a very good area by the River Thames.
It is also ideal for those who are into sporting events such as the London Marathon, Triathlon and Prudential RideLondon events (Summer 2018) as these can be enjoyed from the comfort of our balcony.
Proximity to the River Thames and public transport links make our apartment very desirable. So whether you are going to be here on business or pleasure, it is a great apartment to have as a base in London. We welcome all guests including families with children on a short-term or long-term basis.
* Riverside - Whilst there are properties within this private development with riverview, our property does not face the River Thames.
Guests are able to use the entire apartment. The property comprises of a:
Bedroom: a large double bedroom with a double bed, fitted wardrobe with hangers, shoe rack, chest of drawers, laundry basket, dressing table with mirror, chair and hair dryer.
Bathroom: Bath, shower, heated towel rail, WC, basin and first aid kit.
Living/Dining Room: A large bright, modern open plan living/dining room with a leather armchair, a 3-seater leather sofa (sofa bed holds two average sized adults approx. 140 kg in total), a double air mattress (auto inflate) is also available for use, if total weight exceeds sofa bed capacity or you simply do not want to share the sofa bed; TV, Blu-Ray/ DVD player, a dining table and a balcony which overlooks communal green areas, entrance to the development and road.
Kitchen: The kitchen is fully equipped - hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge freezer, toaster, electric kettle, Bodum cafetiere, Nespresso coffee capsule machine with a selection of capsules, pots/pans, dishes and all utensils needed for home cooking.
Aside from offering complimentary breakfast items, we also provide towels, bed linen, shampoo, soap, dishwasher tablets, clothes detergent, softener and many more essentials.
Interaction with guests
We like to meet our guests on arrival in order to hand keys and provide safety information. We meet our guests at the flat or at the station; If at the station, our deadline is 7pm given other responsibilities later in the evening.
We are also available to answer any questions you may have before and/or during your stay. If there are any issues during your stay, do let us know and we can usually be at the flat within a couple of hours or less, if necessary.
Other things to note
* Larger than most one bedroom apartments in London, some say it's the size of a two bedroom apartment.
* Same day booking may be possible if calendar shows day as available (11am deadline).
* Returning guests including friends/family/colleagues will get a special loyalty discount. So contact us first by clicking on the "contact host" button before booking to ensure you get our special discount.
* The property is close to a main road. Although, we have double glazing - light sleepers may still hear residual traffic noise. While it hasn't affected our family – it may not be for those who are not used to this aspect of urban life which covers most of London in fact. We feel it is only fair to mention this. If you are a light sleeper, we can provide ear plugs.
* Wheelchair users can easily navigate it as it is not cluttered with loads of furniture and doors are wide.
* For people staying more than 7 nights, we advise on an optional mid-stay light clean to freshen the place up and change towels/bedlinen. This incurs an additional cleaning fee (please request at the time of booking).
- Strictly a maximum of 4 people staying
- ID's must be provided upon arrival
- Guests must be aged 23 or over, or accompanied by a responsible adult
- Stag, hen and other parties are not permitted
- Please ask in advance if you wish to have a friend or family member visit. We request that there are strictly no overnight visitors from midnight to 8am. If you fail to follow this rule, you will lose your entire deposit
- No illegal drugs on premises
- Only 1 set of keys per booking
- If keys are lost, unfortunately GBP£100 will be debited from your deposit as the communal door key which leads to only three apartments per floor is a special security key which takes time to replace. If you get locked out and you need our assistance to get back in, GBP£50 will be debited from your deposit if this happens anytime from 8pm - so please look after our keys!
- This listing is for non-smokers. No smoking includes inside apartment, by the window, balcony and common areas in the building. Breaking this rule will result in the loss of your entire deposit
- When you stay in an Airbnb, you’re staying in someone’s home. No unreasonable noise after midnight please. Any reports to the police regarding unreasonable noise after midnight will result in the loss of your entire deposit
World traveller who enjoys the finer things in life. I love and embrace different cultures and cuisines. It's what makes life interesting and enjoyable.
Raised in California but as I have lived in London over 25 years, I consider myself as a "Londoner" at heart. London is my favourite city of all places, though New York, Paris, Vienna, Barcelona and Santiago de Chile come close. London has everything to offer. It's all about what I feel like doing as opposed to "is this option available here?".
We are new to hosting but as we enjoy 5 star service ourselves, we know what is expected as hosts.