Fantastic location at the literal edge of downtown. Walk 4 blocks to the Classic Center & core historic district. Just 1/2 mi to the UGA Arch! The best of both worlds: closest possible proximity to downtown/campus AND a quiet neighborhood setting w/ more greenspace than ANYwhere else in-town. Newly built in 2005, the house is awesome like the location. Large windows in each comfy room invite beautiful light. Added bonus for those who need it: the home is fully outfitted for babies & young kids.
Be perfectly staged for your Athens visit. Because of the location, our home is well-suited for UGA sports and scholarship, graduation, weddings, conferences, live music, and more. You can walk to all the great things that downtown Athens and north campus have to offer.
Many families have discovered that our home is perfect for housing transitions and we do welcome longer stays. Guests in need of baby/toddler amenities will feel right at home since the space is uniquely and safely prepared for young children, allowing you to leave some of your baby gear at home (read more about this below in the 'Other Things To Note' section). But don't worry...if you don't have kids, the kid stuff is accessible but won't be "in your face."
The feel of this custom-designed house is clean, open, comfortable, lovely, simple, bright. 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, 1293 square feet open layout design, plus 340 square feet of combined covered/screened porch space. Natural light is a highlight; abundant windows bring the outdoors into every room. Bamboo floors and 9 foot ceilings. All electric.
The kitchen is the heart of this home. Fully-equipped and open to the dining area, offering a great gathering place. Stainless appliances including beautiful designer-grade vent hood. Microwave, toaster, coffee maker, espresso machine, immersion blender and all the necessities for cooking and baking.
We stock freshly ground locally-roasted Jittery Joe's coffee with all the fixin's for your morning cup. Also enjoy teas and pantry staples for cooking and baking (oils, spices, sweeteners, condiments, etc.).
All three bedrooms (2 with Queens and 1 with a Full-size) feature high quality long-staple/pima cotton percale sheets or cozy flannels in cooler weather. Linens are laundered with perfume/dye-free detergent. The extra available twin-size floor mattress is a comfy 8" foam mattress, which is easy to set up if requested in a location of your choice: there is room for it in the living room, the front bedroom, or the master bedroom.
*Please note the couch may NOT be used as an extra bed for sleeping.*
Living room is bright, comfy and semi-open to the kitchen/dining area. 40-inch flat screen television with Roku and DVD player. Roku is logged into our Amazon Prime Video account for you to enjoy along with Roku's free channels; you can also log into your own subscription channels (Netflix, Hulu, cable, etc.). House does NOT have regular cable/TV service. We also provide one HDMI cable if guests wish to connect their laptop/tablet/ mobile device to the TV in order to stream content through WIFI. In addition to the HDMI input, there is also one USB input and one HDMI/MHL (Mobile High Definition Link).
Laundry closet with washer/dryer is fully stocked with laundry essentials for you!
Spacious front porch with swing, ceiling fans, and long views down the front yard to the banks of the North Oconee River, with downtown just beyond.
In the back, french doors open to screened porch, where you can sit under the ceiling fan to read or sip coffee while listening for hawks and owls calling from the woodland surroundings. Small terraced back yard is fenced and semi-private. Landing off back porch features a stacked recycled concrete sitting-wall. Stone steps lead to upper area of yard that transitions to woodland surroundings and has a small fallow vegetable garden.
The house and entire property are arranged for your exclusive use. There's plenty of clutter-free space for you to unpack and move-in to closets, drawers and cabinets. One closet is kept locked for owners' supplies; the crawl space and attic are also not accessible to guests. We ask that you do not enter these three private areas.
Interaction with guests
Guests may check themselves in and out with keyless entry. Contact us to request in-person check-in.
Your privacy and enjoyment of the home are important to us. We touch base with guests around check-in and check-out times (often via text if we have not arranged to meet in person). Otherwise, contact us by phone/text any time during your stay with questions. We are quick to respond and also have back-up professional property management support from our friend and neighbor who lives just up the street.
Other things to note
We aim to be flexible hosts. Please contact us with questions or special requests--it never hurts to ask. :)
Parents: We've got your back. This house is kid-friendly and kid-safe! We have thoughtfully incorporated safety recommendations according to Airbnb’s partnership with Safe Kids Worldwide and there are children's items throughout the house (crib, booster seats, safety gate, baby monitor, stepping stool, diaper changing pad, stroller, toys, books, and more). Our House Manual provides booked guests with a full list of on-site kid's items and an overview of safety features so everyone can have a happy stay and you can leave some baby gear at home :)
**We thank our wonderful guests for reviewing each house rule listed here. These are the things that guarantee the house is a great fit with prospective guests, which in turn allows us to provide continuously terrific experiences!
• PARKING: off-street parking is included for 3 passenger vehicles. With written approval a 4th passenger vehicle may be possible. No more than 4 vehicles are allowed on the property at any time. *We share an access driveway with one other home, and our guests are asked to park in our designated area at all times as described in our House Manual.* Our place cannot accommodate trailers, RV's, campers larger than van-size, large delivery trucks, buses, etc.
• Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is SEVEN adults PLUS children. Please include group size with your booking and update us with any changes. We offer 2 queen beds, 1 full bed, an optional twin floor mattress, and one crib. The couch may NOT be used as a bed for sleeping. Additional babies and young children beyond a headcount of 8 may be welcome if they are bed-sharing or sleeping on bedding you provide—check with us if this applies and we’ll be happy to advise if your group configuration will work comfortably in the space!
• Visits from non-booked guests are a breach of our 'no parties or events' rule unless mentioned to us in advance and we offer an exception in writing.
• House is for guests 21 years of age and older unless accompanied by a parent/guardian.
• This is a SMOKE-FREE PROPERTY.
• Separate contract is required for commercial purposes, filming, photoshoots, etc.
• Guests are asked to follow an easy list of basic, reasonable tasks at check-out (taking trash out, locking up, etc.). Hosts strip bed linens and do all laundry and cleaning. (See check-out list in the House Manual online and in print at the house).
• Be a kind neighbor; this includes parking in designated area at all times and keeping noise at appropriate levels.
• Notify host right away with any requests or issues! Your hosts and property managers are on stand-by 24/7 during your stay.
• ENJOY :)
We are professionals, UGA graduates, outdoor enthusiasts, and parents of two young children. We completed graduate degrees, married, and grew a family in this house that we built from a floor plan that Lila's dad designed just for us. We began hosting on Airbnb in fall 2016 when a new job lured us away from our sweet Athens home.
Over the years we have shared this home with fellow graduate students hailing from all around the world. We've also taken our fair share of great adventures...near and far, wild and on-the-beaten-path, with and without little ones in tow. We have tapped into these experiences to make our home into a comfortable and carefully thought-out oasis for our guests to enjoy. We aim to give our guests a streamlined experience with all the essentials accounted for to minimize the chance for surprises of the unwelcome kind. We have pride in donning our hosting hats and are excited to re-purpose this special home and share it with guests. And thanks to Airbnb, we think the best guests ever are finding their way to our open front door. :)