Down a leafy country lane, surrounded by nature and fields, yet only twenty minutes from the Centre of London by train. Explore nearby market towns of St Albans, Hertford & Hatfield House. Gardens, great views and walks across fields - the locality offers great CAMRA pubs, restaurants, sports centres, family-friendly activities, country walks, cycling, bird watching and wildlife. A peaceful escape. Car is advisable. Good for couples, families and tourists!
Eclectic furnishing - mix antique with modern and original artworks. This has been our family home and is a great base to escape the bustle of London - yet still commute.
The original part of the house, circa 1850 is available to guests - self contained, fully equipped for self catering, with two double bedrooms ,en-suite bathroom, two guest bedrooms with further shower room , large country kitchen and eating area, large kitchen table and chairs, dishwasher and freezer, plus lounge with dining area and desk space. Large south facing terrace with gardens and views over surrounding countryside.
Our utility room with washer and drier are in a separate room at the side of the house, available for guests to use .
A welcome pack is provided.
Interaction with guests
We're available to make your stay as comfortable as possible or our lovely housekeeper is on hand and nearby.
We may be occupying the annex of the house.
There are no animals or pets here.
Other things to note
Car advisable - we are on a country lane
- We have a minimum booking of 3 nights.
- There is an open fire in the lounge and a wood stove in the kitchen as well as central heating, if used, neither can be left unattended.
- All windows shut and locks should be applied when guests leave the house.
- Some chests and tables are antique/ french polished, so please use mats provided.
- The house file provides more practical and location information. Please ask if you have any queries or concerns
- We are in the countryside, and ask that guests remove outdoor shoes in the house.
- Child safety: Small children need to be supervised at all times inside and outside.
- Please note that there is a stone well in the garden with a lid.
- Occasionally we stay in the studio annex, separate but attached to the house.
- The inclusive electricity allowance is £20 per week, but if the electricity consumed is over 120 units per week then guests will be charged suppliers rate of 16 pence per unit which can be taken from the deposit. There is a Smart Energy Reader as a guideline, to encourage guests to use energy sensibly.
This host has 11 reviews for other properties.View other reviews