Bright, above-garage 1 bedroom Carriage House with skylights, full kitchen and private outdoor space. Located on fenced .4 acre property in quiet neighborhood, across the street from bus stop, and small local store with coffee/deli/grocery/beer. 2 min drive to ocean.
Looking for longer stays? 15% off weekly stays
We love dogs and they are welcome - additional $20 / stay (*see house rules)
The Fawn Road Carriage House is a bright, modern 675 sq ft suite with skylights and large windows looking out to huge cedar trees. The detached above-garage 1 bedroom suite has it's own entrance and is completely separate from the main house. We do not park in the garage, so it is a quiet & private space for guests.
• Separate bedroom with queen sized bed, memory foam pillows, cozy duvet and mattress with individually wrapped response coils to insulate movements so you sleep well and don't disturb your partner.
• Bedroom faces huge cedar trees and is filled with morning light.
• Full kitchen with Keurig (we provide coffee pods/tea), and also a drip coffee maker and french press (if you prefer to bring your own coffee grounds)
• Oven/stove, microwave, fridge, toaster, dishware, pots, etc.
• The kitchen has the basics necessary for cooking and eating in, although you might want to visit the store directly across the street for a simple take-away meal.
• Open concept living space with slate floors
• Extendable dining table and flatscreen tv (Roku/Netflix/Youtube).
• Serta® Dream Convertible sofa easily transforms into a bed for extra guests. Fully Reclined: 45'' H x 89'' W x 44.5'' D.
• Bathroom has a deep tub and Moen rainshower.
Our home reflects a bit about us, with custom graffiti art (by Alex) in the suite, and also in the private outdoor space, complete with Adirondack chairs, solar lights and a bright art mural. During the summer months you will find a cozy hammock for relaxing and also your own BBQ for grilling and preparing meals in your own separate greenspace beside the Carriage House.
• The Carriage House is located at the back of a fully fenced and private .4 acre property.
• Guest entrance is along the right side of the garage, facing the main house.
• We do not park in the garage and only use it for storage, so there are 2 parking spaces available infront of the garage for guests.
Interaction with guests
We live onsite and will most likely be present during your stay, but we also respect your privacy. We will not come to the suite unannounced. We are here if you need us - so let us know if we can help. Alex is a mountain biker can recommend trails.
Other things to note
We close our front driveway gate each night from 10PM-8AM nightly. Feel free to come and go whenever you please, we just ask guests to open/close the front gate manually when coming/going if it is already closed. During the summer months the gate might be closed at all hours (to keep the roaming deer from eating the veggie garden). As a general rule, please leave it as you found it.
When you drive into our property, you will pass the main house and continue to the Carriage House at the back. Self-check in anytime after 3pm, whenever it is convenient for you.
During the summer, please feel free to pick plums from the tree beside your driveway, or blackberries from the yard.
The property is on a septic system - nothing other than toilet paper can be flushed down the toilet.
Late nights past 11pm are strongly discouraged - no parties, please.
Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings, accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur while the guest is on the premises.
We are family-friendly, but not 100% childproof. The Carriage House is located above a garage so there are stairs. Please note if you have small children, there is no baby gate at the top of the stairs. Children must be under direct supervision by a parent at all times and you are responsible for your child's actions.
We love dogs and they are welcome. Send us a message telling us about your dog when you book and we'll send you a request for 1 time payment of $20. Please, no dogs on the couch or bed.
There is no daily housekeeping. Please leave the space tidy, as you found it :)