"LOVELY STYLE AND QUALITY IN A GREAT LOCATION!"
* Built on a site with an interesting history!
* Beautifully designed for families, couples, solo guests, and business travellers!
* Completely refitted to a high standard, with many touches of luxury!
* Relax and enjoy the Welcome Pack, including delicious local produce and fresh flowers!
* The beach, golf, walks, birdwatching, countryside, local history, children's activities, and other wonderful experiences, are all very nearby!
Visit England 4 STAR GOLD AWARD
Writers Cottage is a house that forms part of Clement Scott Mews, which is just in front of Cromer Country Club. It is a welcoming, peaceful, relaxing place, in a great location for all local amenities in Cromer, and is approx 400 metres/0.25 miles from the Royal Cromer Golf Club. Many attractions are nearby. The cliff top is a 5 min walk away via woodland. Steps from the cliff top lead down to the BLUE FLAG beach, or there is easier slope access.
The house is built on the stage area of the former Royal Links Pavilion where rock bands and singers such as The Who, Queen and David Bowie performed.
The Royal Links Hotel was renowned for having eminent guests such as the Prince of Wales, Winston Churchill, Clement Scott - who wrote for the Daily Telegraph and named the area Poppyland, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - who was inspired to write The Hound Of The Baskervilles whilst a guest there.
Further Historical information is supplied at Writers Cottage.
Writers Cottage has natural wood throughout giving it a cosy feel, but also in the morning any sunlight floods through the kitchen and dining area windows, and in the evening it floods through the lounge windows, giving the cottage a light and airy atmosphere. The bedroom styling was inspired by a visit to Raffles Hotel Paris.
Welcome Pack (including local products + Fresh Flowers)
Dishwasher Tablets, Washing Up Liquid, Laundry Capsules, Fabric Conditioner, Cleaning Products, Kitchen Roll, Cling Film, Baking Foil, Toilet Rolls.
Luxury Egyptian Cotton bed linen (cot bedding and linen is not supplied)
Luxury So Soft Quilts
Quilted Bed Throws for each bed to stay cosy on cooler nights.
Bath and Hand Towels for each guest(beach towels are not supplied)
Unlimited BT Infinity WiFi + USB Charging Ports
Landline telephone for incoming calls and outgoing 999 calls
In the Living Room:
SKY TV + 40 in 4K Smart TV with bluetooth + 4K Smart Blu-ray Player with bluetooth + Bose Sound Bar with bluetooth
In the Master Bedroom:
36 inch Freeview TV
9 Place Setting Dishwasher
Washer Dryer (can be used separately as a washing machine or as a dryer, also, both washer and dryer can be programmed to work one after the other)
Induction Hob + 3D Oven and Grill
Combination Microwave Oven Grill
Fridge with 4 star Freezer Compartment
Toaster + Kettle + Food Processor
Iron + Ironing Board
Large Shower/Bath + Welcome Toiletries
Gas Central Heating
Garden Table and Chairs (in small area to the rear of the property)
Allocated Parking Space
Bicycle Parking - Inside, combination locked, bookable space for bicycles, a few minutes walk from Writers Cottage
Communal Courtyard Garden and Washing Line
Local Information Leaflets/Books + Maps
Board Games + Pack of Cards
Available on request:
> BabyBjorn high chair for use when your child can sit unaided and is between 6 months and 3 years (max. 95cm tall).
> Child Safety Gate for use at the top of the stairs. Please note that it is not possible to safely fit a child safety gate at the bottom of the stairs or at the entrance to the kitchen which does not have a door.
> Nuna Sena Travel Cot with detachable Bassinet for use in the master bedroom. It is suitable for babies or children 0 to 3 years (up to 86cm in height, or 15kg in weight, or when the child is able to climb out). Please note that cot bedding and linen are not supplied.
> Nuna Sena Changer - fits securely onto the top of the travel cot. For babies approx 0-12 months and less than 11 kg in weight.
3 quality Wooden Floating Beds with quality 1500 Pocket Sprung Mattresses
6ft 3in x 4ft 6in / 190cm x 137cm
6ft 3in x 3ft / 190cm x 90cm
6ft 3 in x 2ft 6in / 190cm x 76cm
" Had a great week. Cottage is beautifully decorated and comfy. Everything has been thoughtfully done from the welcome pack to the essentials in the kitchen."
"We had a very relax 3 days and were very comfortable and we were delighted with the welcome pack & the small messages to facilitate even more our stay. Lovely cottage Thank you very much"
"We had a wonderful 3 days - the cottage is beautiful and luxurious and perfectly situated for exploring this lovely part of the world! Thank you!"
Guests will have:
* Private use of the whole of Writers Cottage, which is a 2 bedroomed house for up to 4 people.
* Exclusive use of tables and chairs at the back of the property.
* Use of the communal garden to the front of the property.
* Use of areas with communal washing lines.
* Exclusive use of a parking space.
Interaction with guests
Checkin is using the key safe with your key code that will be provided. I usually leave guests to enjoy their time at Writers Cottage and not do not disturb them, but living just a mile away I am happy to pop over if needed. There is quite a lot of information in the cottage but if you require further information, or have any queries or problems, all you need to do is contact me.
Other things to note
3 Carbon Monoxide Alarms
2 Smoke Alarms
1 Heat Alarm
1 Fire Blanket
1 Fire Extinguisher
Landline Phone for Outgoing 999 Calls
First Aid Kit
- STAYS 2 - 28 NIGHTS
- Check in after 3.00pm Checkout before 10am.
- Anything found to be damaged, broken, or missing from the house inventory at the end of a stay will be charged to guests.
- The hot water is hot, please take care!
- WELL BEHAVED BABIES AND CHILDREN ARE WELCOME!
* Please supervise babies and children at all times and keep them safely away from any hazards.
* There are no child safety catches on base cupboard doors, base kitchen equipment, or furniture drawers.
* The hot water is hot, please take care!
Available on request is:
1. A BabyBjorn high chair for when a child can sit unaided and he/she is between approx. 6 months and 3 years (max. 95cm tall)
2. A Nuna Sena travel cot with detachable Bassinet for use in the master bedroom, for babies and children from birth to 3 years (max 86cm in height and max 15kg in weight, or until the child is able to climb out). please note that the cot has a mattress but COT BEDDING AND LINEN ARE NOT SUPPLIED.
3. A Nuna Sena Changer - fits securely to the top of the travel cot. is suitable for babies approx 0-12 months and less than 11kg in weight. The changer can be easily removed from the travel cot and can be used separately.
4. Child safety gate for use at the top of the stairs. Please note that it is not possible to safely fit a child safety gate at the bottom of the stairs or at the entrance to the kitchen which does not have a door.