We are located on a ridge, with great views of the mountains, valley, and passing hot air balloons. When you stay with us, you'll be just a block away from a grocery store, Target and various restaurants. A sports complex park about a 1/2 mile away. The park and ride for Balloon Fiesta is less than 10 minutes away.
Our place is great for couples, solo adventurers, and groups of no more than four.
The bed is queen size and can sleep one or two comfortably. There is plenty of closet space and several drawers available in the night stands. This room has a french door that leads to a deck, where you can sit and enjoy the sunrise and the view of the mountains and valley.
We also offer another bedroom for rent (Rio Rancho Retreat - Room #2) and a 5% discount is offered if both rooms are booked together.
The restroom is down the hall and is shared if there are other guests in residence. If this is the case, please be courteous and do not take long showers -- both to save water in this desert environment and to make sure other guests have access to the bathroom and hot water.
A half bathroom is on the first floor and is available when the shared bath is occupied.
In the morning, a continental breakfast of coffee, juice, and bagels or muffins will be offered in the kitchen.
Guests are allowed to access their bedroom, shared bathroom, deck (which may be shared by the household cats), and the downstairs patio. Kitchen access is available in the mornings for a continental breakfast that will be offered. If the family room is not being utilized, guests are allowed to watch television in that room if cleared with host.
Interaction with guests
We will be on hand to check you in and answer any questions. You will be provided with a temporary code to the front door and will be able to come and go as you please during your stay.
We live in the home, but work (either in our home office or outside the home) during the day. You will be provided with our cell number for any questions or problems should we not be onsite.
- Alcohol is permitted in moderation and if enjoyed responsibly.
- Smoking is NOT ALLOWED on the property - inside or out.
- Quiet hours are from 10pm-6am, but loud music or unruly behavior will not be tolerated at any time.
- No additional guests permitted in the home without prior approval of host.
- Use of kitchen stove, oven and refrigerator is not allowed. Guests are allowed to use the kitchen microwave, coffee machine, and toaster during breakfast hours only (6am-8am).
- Use of laundry facilities is not allowed unless approved by host in advance.
- The bathroom is a shared space, so any used towels or washcloths must be hung in guest room to dry or put into hamper. Housekeeping services are not provided during your stay and you are responsible for picking up after yourself - please leave the home as you found it. Please conserve water by hanging your towels to dry between uses. Should you require additional towels, please inform host the day before.
- Two cats are in residence in the home, but they usually are shy of strangers and are not allowed in guest rooms. Please do not leave doors open and watch for them as you come in and out (they are not allowed outside, but do enjoy sunning themselves on the upstairs deck).
This host has 6 reviews for other properties.View other reviews