My home is a 5-10 minute drive from San Diego International Airport and Downtown San Diego and walking distance from Liberty Station, a vibrant cultural district. The house is old Spanish style with charming old world decor, where records play classic tunes and the dining room is often a buzz with dinner parties.
There are two charming and world traveled Italian greyhounds waiting to greet you at the door and show you to your king sized bedroom with a private bath.
The house is spacious and quiet, you can choose to spend time in the front reading room or relax outside in the hammock. Endeavouring to be as eco-friendly as possible, guests are invited to use to the compost bin for scraps left over from cooking, as we like to make healthy soil, and launder their clothes; the washing machine waters the garden and fruit trees out back.
Guests will have access to the kitchen, the dining room, sitting room and backyard space.
Interaction with guests
I live here with my two Italian greyhounds, Frida and Elvis. We lived in Sydney for a number of years and love to talk travel. We often have friends, family or other travelers around, so it's often a full house. The dogs are good company and well behaved. The house is a CHOCOLATE FREE ZONE, please do not bring candy, chocolate, or other food into your room - all food must be stored in the kitchen.
Other things to note
I am available to answer any questions about the area, give directions and suggest activities. I am a homemaker and part time caregiver for family, so I'm home a lot and often cook meals with friends and family (and my friend's AirBnB guests!).
We encourage sustainable living practices, please support us by composting food waste, recycling, and reducing your use of plastic in the house.
Wifi is available but is turned off between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am.
- Check In after 3 pm (as late as 6 pm) and Check Out is 12 pm (noon). Alternative times possible with 24 hours notice, but please be aware you are not covered by Airbnb for arrival or departure outside of listed times.
- Keep noise (music and loud conversations) to a minimum after 10 pm, as you are sharing the residence with others.
- Lock the front door anytime you enter or exit the house.
- Fun-loving, but well-behaved indoor dogs will welcome you at the door. Highly recommended that you enjoy the company of the canine variety.
- Make sure to keep gates and doors secured so that the dogs don't get out.
- Keep the door to your room closed (lock it with the key sitting in the lock) and all food items (including candy and gum) stored in the kitchen - this is a chocolate free zone!
- San Diego is in drought, to conserve water, please limit showers to under 10 minutes.
- The house is in the flight path of the airport, so you will hear planes taking off and landing. The windows have been retrofitted, so the sound is dampened in the interior. Not a space for those bothered by airplane noise.