My place is close to a nature reserve (great hiking trails), the Singapore zoo, restaurants (authentic Singaporean food), supermarket, Orchard Rd 30 mins by bus/MRT, and great views. You have a private bathroom. My full time helper can do your laundry and cooking (for a little extra). Good for couples, solo adventurers, and business travelers. It is very well connected to the rest of Singapore by public transport or call a cab and it will be there in 5 mins.
- If you need the room and bathroom cleaned during your stay, there will be a charge of S$25 per cleaning.
- Smoking is only allowed in the balcony, not in the room. Please do not smoke inside the house.
- Feel free to use our laundry facilities and detergents but if you want my helper to do your laundry there will be a fee of S$25 per laundry load (S$40 if you need ironing too)
- You can use the kitchen to cook for yourself (groceries are easily available at the supermarket opposite). Upon request, and with at least 1 day's notice, we can offer you an Indian vegetarian dinner for the nominal charge of S$50 per meal for 2 people. Feel free to help yourself to tea/coffee. We request that you eat your meals at the dining table and not in your room or elsewhere in the house.
No guests allowed. Feel free, however, to enjoy the common areas in the house like the balcony etc.
I'm an Indian living in Singapore. I'm not sure whether I'm Indian or Singaporean. The truth is that I'm a citizen of the world. Every city feels like home almost instantly.
5 things I can't live without? I can pretty much live without anything (unless we're talking Maslow's basics). But if we're talking about things I value most, then it would have to be
1. my children (all grown up, thank goodness)
2. a sense of humour (not taking oneself too seriously and having a sense of the ridiculous)
3. an ability to laugh in the most dire situations (nothing lasts forever anyway)
4. my awesome family and friends all over the world (whose love and support I cannot do without)
5. Beer (something just has to be about pure pleasure, right?)
I keep a beautiful home myself and enjoy homes with positive vibes of joy and warmth and love in them. I'm tidy - not to the point of obsession but because uncluttered surroundings are calming and happy places. I enjoy conversations with strangers, learning about other cultures, and picking up new languages (or at least phrases).
Don't take life too seriously. Nobody gets out of it alive anyway.