For the truly discerning traveler…
A rare opportunity to indulge in SF’s sunniest, most vibrant, central, and arguably “hippest” neighborhood while pampering yourself in a remarkable modern historic Victorian residence.
Located in the heart of SF’s Liberty-Hill Historic District, this exclusive 2 bed/2 bath flat with PARKING was recently remodeled to retain the original feel of a classic 1885s SF Victorian, yet customized to include the luxuries of a modern urban pied-à-terre. Artfully restored/designed, this exceptional residence has also been featured in professional photo shoots and advertisements.
Distinguishing features of this unique residence include:
- An ultra-modern gourmet Kitchen with a Brazilian slate island, sleek modular cabinetry, and integral appliances.
- Floor-to-ceiling white marble slab tile and glass shower surrounds in both master and 2nd bathrooms; in addition, the master bath includes a Jacuzzi tub.
- Office can convert to 2nd bedroom with sliding doors for privacy.
- Dining room that seats up to six.
- One indoor garage parking spot for medium-sized station wagon or sedan (large SUV may not fit).
- Two ultra-thin, high definition TVs with direct TV, AppleTV, and Netflix.
- High speed “blast pro” wifi.
- Integral sound system throughout residence, compatible with smart phones.
- Backyard sanctuary including hardwood deck with in-floor gas fire pit, gas BBQ, redwood/oak trees, and lounge furniture.
- Two original cast iron fireplaces with decorative marble mantles/surrounds (functional with duraflame logs).
- High end appliances including Smeg oven/stovetop, Asko dishwasher, Subzero refrigerator, and Bosch wash/dry.
- Original artwork throughout.
- Pristine restoration of original Victorian details such as hardwood floors, moldings, trim, door hardware, fireplaces, and façade.
- Complete remodel by Todd Davis Architects and Saturn Construction; front/rear yards redone by Paxton Gate.
- Interior design by Supernatural (including select euro-designed furniture such as MDF Italia, Riva 1920, and e15 throughout) – voted “best of the Bay Area” by SF Magazine in July 2012, and featured in Dwell Magazine in April 2011.
- The interior of the house has been featured in advertisements the exterior was recently pictured in an SF Magazine article on "The Dark Art of the Painted Lady."
Located on Liberty Street, an exclusive and quiet tree-lined neighborhood, just steps away from seemingly endless numbers of the outstanding restaurants, shops, galleries, markets, performance spaces, bars, and cafes that characterize the vibrant and colorful Mission/Dolores neighborhood. Walk to sunny Dolores Park or notable foodie spots including: Bar Tartine, Tartine Bakery, Delfina, Abbotts Cellar, Mission Chinese Food, Locanda, Commonwealth, Range, Xanath Ice Cream, Foreign Cinema, or the phenomenal local BiRite Market (and it’s associated creamery) that is redefining the concept of “corner store.” Valencia whole foods is just 1 block away.
With a walk score of 98 out of 100, it doesn’t get much more perfect than this. Close to the Castro, Haight Street, Noe Valley, 7 blocks to the 24th Street BART station, multiple MUNI lines within blocks, plus easy access to the 101 and 280 freeways too.
Rates based on double occupancy. Maximum occupancy is 4.
Fees for each additional person beyond 2 are $25/night (children under 2 are free).
Two night minimum. Three night minimum on all federal holidays (can be waived when less than 7 days advance).
$205 cleaning fee.
For stays of 14 days or longer, we require an additional cleaning fee of $205 and ask that the guest accommodate the cleaners in vacating the apartment for an afternoon at their convenience.
Pets are welcome for an additional $25/day fee.
Smoking permitted in outdoor areas only and with use of ashtray.
Parties are strictly forbidden with the exception of a quiet dinner/other gatherings of no more than 6 people.
The flat is the first floor residence of a 2-unit Victorian, where the upper floor is occupied by quiet middle-aged couple; the spiral staircase in yard is rarely used and it's primary purpose is to provide emergency access from the upstairs unit.
For folks with mobility issues – please note there are approximately 12 steps from the street level to the front door.
This residence is also not ideal for people with toddlers or other young children who are not kept under constant supervision due to the presence of original artwork within reach in most rooms.
This gorgeously restored/renovated 1885 Victorian residence is located in the heart of the Liberty-Hill Historic District. The district is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in San Francisco as a representation of nineteenth century middle class housing and was one of the earliest residential "suburbs" to be developed in the city. The neighborhood survived the fiery aftermath of the 1906 earthquake (the fires stopped 1 block away at 20th Street) and thus it is one of the few tree-lined streets boasting 100+ year old growth as well as examples of all architectural styles prevalent during between the 1860s and early 1900s.
There isn't a more diverse and dynamic neighborhood in SF! Boutique shops, ethnic eateries, small live theater venues, bakeries, cafes, world-class dining establishments, street art and murals are all within blocks of your doorstep and easily accessible by foot.
The location is mid-way between the 16th St and 24th St Bart stations. Many buses run down Valencia St. too.
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is smoking allowed anywhere on the property. If you must smoke, please do so on the public sidewalk in front of the house and be sure not to place butts in the garbage cans in the garage.
Quiet hours in the yard are after 9 pm on weekdays and 10 pm on weekends.
Dogs are not allowed on the furniture/beds and may not be left alone in the house or backyard at any time.
Please be respectful that others live directly above the residence and keep excessive music/TV etc noise to a minimum at all times.
Aside from a small gathering (such as a quiet dinner party) with a MAXIMUM of SIX people on the premises at any given time, parties are forbidden without prior approval. It is of the utmost importance that the upstairs residents NOT be disturbed in the least or the ability to rent this space will be revoked.
CHECK OUT LIST:
• You are required to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by ensuring the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted, and sanitized (additional fees will be assessed if excessive cleaning is required). Any furniture/furnishings that have been moved should be placed back in their original locations.
• Leave no dirty dishes – place all dirty dishes in dishwasher AND start cleaning cycle.
• Turn off all lights.
• Lock all doors and leave key in spot in garage as pre-arranged with manager
• Please let us know if anything was broken, lost, or forgotten – we will do our best to fix, find, or return to you! Replacements and repairs that are outside what is considered normal wear and tear will be subtracted from your deposit.
Our stay was great, the appartement is really adorable and calm, we enjoyed the garden a lot ( even in February), very well equipped! Great location ! Highly recommended! Jordie was very communicative and helpful, many thanks for this!!!! I will surely recommand this place to my friends :)
This is a perfect home in a perfect location. Everything about it was convenient and effortless. A perfect stay.
Jordie was quick to respond to us and the house itself is phenomenal. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in the quintessential SF home!
My host, Jordie, was absolutely accomodating and helpful in every way. He arranged a Christmas tree for my family and was completely available for any questions - he is delightful and gracious. The house is absolutely stunning - it's clean and modern, has lovely art, and is stocked with lots of professional cookware, which was a plus since I love to cook! The neighborhood is quiet and lovely and walking distance to quaint shops and fabulous restaurants and markets. We had a blast and completely recommend this gorgeous property.
Jordie never fails to go above and beyond for her guests. She truly made us feel welcome to a beautiful home and was attentive, accommodating, and gracious throughout our entire stay. The location is phenomenal and I cannot wait to book again!
The house is the most gorgeous and modern victorian house I have seen before. Extremely bright, comfortable and packed with art and beautiful furniture. I couldn't believe there were even 2 redwoods in the backyards!
Jordie was extremely helpful and accommodating, shared lots of insightful info about the area and always just a text message away.
Finally the area has all the greatest restaurants, cafés, and shops on Valencia.
Really beautiful house in an amazing location. Host was really helpful with instructions for arrival (even when I got lost last minute and needed more help). Such a beautiful place to stay I'd definitely book again
This host has 176 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I am a property manager/environmental scientist/entrepreneur/artist/builder from the mountains of Montana who relocated to the Bay Area to attend college...and I got hooked! Since that time I have come to call the Bay Area home and love it especially because it has such a fabulous diversity of residents and activities. I enjoy helping visitors with discerning tastes take delight in our spaces and I especially like helping travelers discover the insider’s perspective on the many world-class destinations/arts/restaurants/events the Bay Area (and beyond!) offers.