A quiet, single room (1 of 2 rooms) in three-bedroom house for your stay: close to Killiney Beach (3 minute walk); DART station (15 minute walk); and LUAS (10 minute drive). Dublin is a 30-minute coastal train ride away; or 45-minute bus or LUAS trip. Easy travel to scenic Dalkey and Wicklow. You'll love the beach, ocean views, and friendly atmosphere. The single bedroom is good for lone or business travellers, families (parents can stay in adjacent double room), and furry friends (pets).
- Modern, spacious kitchen/family room and separate living room with cable TV and open fireplace.
- This private single room is comfortable. (Please Note that this room is one of two rooms; see separate listing for double bedroom, 1st of 2).
- The room has a double-sized bed with duvets (one light and one heavy for colder nights), wardrobe, WiFi access, and small flat screen TV with DVD player. Also equipped with a hair dryer and first-aid kit.
- The house is equipped with its own carbon monoxide detector/alarm, as well as a fire extinguisher and blanket.
Guests are welcome to feel at home, and can access:
- Kitchen/Dining/Family Room area
- Living Room (with separate cable TV and DVD player)
- Decked, private garden (with table and chairs)
- Upstairs; shared bathroom with power shower and spa bath (six jets)
- Downstairs; shared WC for convenience
Interaction with guests
I will assist you in making your stay in Ireland as interesting and comfortable as possible. Should you require information on attractions or transportation, feel free to let me know what are your interests before you arrive in Ireland. In this way, I can offer advice to enable better planning of your itinerary.
- Cordial atmosphere within the house: We are all in this together, so it's important that we make a pact: I will be mindful that this trip/visit to Ireland is special time for you. And in turn, you need to be mindful that respect, cordiality, and a sense of fun is important for everyone who is welcomed in my home.
- Confirmation of booking: I prefer to have a chat with potential guests to ensure that I'm clear about your expectations (as well as you need to be aware of mine).
- A continental breakfast is included and is available until 12:00.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the house, but is permitted in the garden (as long as it does not negatively impinge on anyone's health or allergies).
- Washing and drying facilities are available (by arrangement and notification) for guests staying three nights or more.
- My companion and furry friend (dog), Maya, is well-behaved; however, should you wish to bring a pet into the house, it's important that we discuss arrangements to make it a positive experience for both animals.
Other things to note
There is a great deal to see and do, not only in South Dublin, but also in Dalkey, County Wicklow (Glendalough, is just one example), as well as Dublin City Centre.
- - If you wish to include your pet in the booking, please let me know with the initial booking. - If you wish to cook or use the kitchen, an additional deposit is required. The cooker/stove is an induction glass hob and requires due care. As a result, I require an additional deposit to ensure cautious handling.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I travel a great deal for my job and so I know and understand what travelling is all about. I practically have my suitcase at the ready! My favorite destination is Paris; but I'm still in love with the Irish landscape after a 20-year New York transplant. My passions include crime and sci-fiction books, film, music (world, reggae, electronic and jazz (of course)). And who doesn't like to cook? When not travelling, the world visits my cooker - family favorites are Thai, Chinese, Italian, and the latest experiment - Japanese (oh boy!).