A 200 year old "Kellerstöckl" (wine-press) adapted into an award winning house. Loft space and original wine cellar.
Located within a small cluster of homes in the hamlet of Globeregg, the house is within close proximity to wineries in the area.
The house received wide architectural acclaim. From
local to international press, the architecture was praised
for the uncompromising approach to a new idea based
on traditional building values.
Designed by Yes Architecture, the house took ideas
from the original “Kellerstöckl” (wine press) windowless
building and the for this area unique corn-cob drier
structure, one standing next to the house. The interior
is a modern interpretation of a traditional “Bauernstube”,
an old farmhouse parlour.
– Living and sleeping
Queen size bed (160x200cm).
Bed linens and duvet or blanket
– Kitchen unit
Electric top burner (4x)
Refrigerator / freezer compartment
Dishes, china- and silver-ware
Different coffee makers, coffee and tea included
First breakfast included:
Juice, milk, bread,, butter, farmers eggs, homemade jam, cheese, müsli
– Designer bathroom with rain showerhead
Soap and shampoo
– Retro B&O receiver with ipod/mp3 connection and Bose speakers
– WiFi access
– Smoke free environment
– 200 year old original wine cellar with vaulted ceiling
– Sitting and lounging, feel the history
– Wine for sale (price on bottle)
Local white and red wines
– Lounging and relaxing
Table and chairs for outdoor dining
Reclining lounge chairs for relaxing and sunbathing
– Professional outdoor (gas) grill
– Enjoy the fruit trees and wine grapes
Interaction with guests
From the initial hand over of the keys and a short tour of the house you will be by yourself. Enjoy the house and experience the area.
Other things to note
The full front window does not have any curtains. You will sleep "under the stars" and wake up with mother nature.
• No smoking.
• No parties
• You have full use of kitchen, bathroom, living area
• If other guests are coming or going on the same day check-out is 11 am and check-in after 2 pm. I am super flexible with this if no one is arriving the same day. We can discuss the time when you book.
• You are more than welcome to use my spices for cooking.
• We have to recycle garbage so put containers of plastic, metal and glass next to the bin under the sink I will take them out.
• Most importantly, I want my guests to feel at home! If you have any questions, please just ask.