Our house is set in a quiet neighbourhood only a SHORT STROLL AWAY FROM THE BEACH!
It features beautifully established TROPICAL GARDENS and an inground POOL, providing our guests with COMPLETE PRIVACY.
Being close to most main attractions of the area make it an IDEAL HOLIDAY SPOT for everybody who wants to explore Far North Queensland. It is romantic and private, yet it is FAMILY FRIENDLY, light and spacious. It can accommodate a few people but it is large enough to house THREE FAMILIES.
Our house is is set on over 800m2 and will provide you with COMPLETE PRIVACY. Nobody can see in from the street or the neighbouring properties as the house is fully fenced and features trees and bushes all the way around.
Inside the fence you'll find a tropical hideaway featuring hand-laid stone paths, an IN-GROUND SALT WATER POOL with a paved area and two sun lounges. There are two completely separate outdoor sitting areas, one under cover featuring a table and 6 chairs, and one on a big deck at the back of the property featuring two tables with 8 chairs and an umbrella if needed. There is also a GAS BBQ available for our guests. Our gardens are lush tropical and well established, housing an array of birds and butterflies.
Our house has what we believe an outstanding and unique feature which we thoroughly enjoyed when it was our home and hope for our guests to take advantage of it now.
Due to its unique layout and MULTIPLE SEPERATE LIVING AREAS and entry ways, it can accommodate different groups of people at the same time without too much interfering with each other if one wishes so. Whether you are a couple, one two or even three families, a few friends, whether you are in the area for a specific event or simply want to get away from it all, our house is ideal for you.
Let us explain: When you enter the property through the front of the house, you step into our FIRST LOUNGE ROOM adjacent to the kitchen. This lounge room features a large corner lounge and a 42inch flat screen plasma TV. From here two double French doors open to the COVERED OUTDOOR AREA and provide easy access to the in-ground pebble pool through a secured gate.
Our kitchen features granite bench tops an electric Belling cook top and oven, a large Fisher and Paykel fridge, large microwave, kettle, pod coffee machine, toaster, basic cutlery and crockery for your convenience.
Adjacent to the first lounge room and kitchen area is a hallway that takes you to BEDROOM 1, which features two single beds and one single trundle bed (pull out single bed underneath one of the single beds). This bedroom can accommodate 3 guests. It has a good sized wardrobe and it is fully air-conditioned looking out onto the pool area and gardens.
Right next to it is BEDROOM 2. It comes with a queen bed with pillow top mattress and one single trundle bed (single pull out bed under the queen bed) accommodating up to 3 guests. This room also features a large wardrobe with mirror and French doors that open directly onto the outside of the house, giving you a nice view of the pool and gardens whilst it is fully air-conditioned.
From this bedroom you have close access to the main bathroom and separate toilet in the hallway. The bathroom is essentially a wet room with a shower and plenty of room to move inside it.
Continuing on you now walk thorough a SITTING ROOM. This room is a walk through space, combining the front with the back of the house and is left open. However it can be closed from either side for your convenience. Once you close its doors the house is separated into two areas and hardly any noise will travel from front to back and vice versa! Giving you the chance to keep entertaining whilst the kids are asleep! Bedroom 3 exhibits a sofa that turns into a double bed and can accommodate 2 extra guests.
From here you will walk into our SECOND LOUNGE ROOM. This room features a large 50inch flat screen plasma TV, two lounge chairs and a couch that can be folded down into a double bed (click-clack style) which can accommodate another two extra guests. From here two sliding doors provide access to either side of the outside of the house. One small undercover area on the one side close to the large decked area and the carport area on the other.
Off the second lounge room you'll find the MASTER BEDROOM (or Bedroom 4), featuring a queen bed with pillow top mattress, a walk-in robe, its own en-suite and a large window looking out onto the gardens. This bedroom can accommodate 2 guests and is it is fully air-conditioned. We also have a port-a-cot available at your request.
Continuing on from our second lounge room you step up into a large SUN FILLED DINING ROOM with glass windows all the way around, a large wooden dining table and direct access to the large decked outside area through a French door.
Interaction with guests
I'm looking forward to meeting you and giving you the key to our house for you to enjoy!
Other things to note
Our three bedrooms and first lounge room are featured with air-conditioners.
Please note that our SITTING ROOM and all other COMMON AREAS are NOT air-conditioned. Ceiling fans are fitted throughout our house.
Secured undercover car parking for 2 cars is available plus ample free
footpath parking for larger vehicles such as 4WD and vans.
Please note there is NO wifi at our house. However there are multiple restaurants and shopping centres nearby that offer free wifi for their customers
We gladly provide a STARTER AMOUNT of some consumables such as soap, dishwashing liquid, tea, coffe, washing powder and toilet paper.
We can provide a DRYER for your stay for a fee. Please let us know beforehand should you wish to take that option.
- We ask of our guests to please treat our house as if it was their own home!
- No parties, functions or large gatherings are allowed in our property. In the event there is undue noise disturbing the neighbours and security need to be called out a charge at our discretion will apply.
- Please turn the air-conditioners off when you're not in the house.
- When you leave please make sure our property is left tidy! Dishes must be washed, rubbish put in the bins provided, fans and air-conditioners turned off! An additional cleaning fee will apply otherwise.
- The number of people occupying the premises must not exceed the number of people that the booking originally was made for. This includes any children over the age of 1.
- Please don't move our furniture from inside to the outside and vice versa.
- Please don't use glass near the pool, and leave the leaf pool guard in its place at all times.
- Please be aware that children must be supervised around the pool area at all times.
- Use of child equipment cots highchairs toys etc provided are at the guests own risk.
- If our guests require a change of linen an extra charge will apply. Please communicate with us as soon as possible if you require this service as it may not be available on short notice.
- Unfortunately we cannot take any responsibility for guests personal property left on the premises.
- Breakages and losses to the property are to be reported to the manager and may be deducted from the refundable bond. We reserve the right to charge for damaged and/or missing items.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the house. Please use the ashtrays provided outside.
- Caravans or similar vehicles are not allowed to be connected with electrical leads and water hoses on our property.
Thank you for staying with us and complying with our rules. We hope you thoroughly enjoy your stay!
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
I'm very passionate about travelling! Every year my husband Stuart and I take as much time out as we can and explore other countries and enjoy the diversity of people and customs all over the world.
We are lucky to call Far North Queensland our home as it is an amazing destination with lots to see and explore.
Our house is close to some world renowned sights and we are excited to make our place available to many travellers. Share the passion!