About this listing
We welcome you to Ravenscleugh, on the edge of Northumberland National Park and Dark Skies Park, 3miles southeast of Otterburn. Ravenscleugh is a traditional upland hill farm with cosy log burners, huge bedrooms & kingsize beds. Wonderful walks; The Sandstone Way runs through the farm so bring your horse/ bicycle. Use our swimming/fishing lake. Close to historic Elsdon, Otterburn, Petit Chateau, Otterburn Castle, Woodhill Hall wedding venues, 35mins from Hadrians Wall and Kielder Observatory.
We live in a traditional 17th C. Farmhouse with thick walls, high ceilings and traditional features. There is central heating and 2 log burners downstairs. The main guest room is very large and airy with high ceilings, kingsize brass bed and comfy chairs plus coffee and tea making facilities. 2 other double rooms are available on request. We have wifi. Please note we have 2 further double rooms available. Please contact us if you would like further accommodation. We are motorbike, cycle and mud friendly.
You are welcome to use our house as yours - with access to our kitchen, lounge and sitting room and are of course welcome to access our farm by the footpaths, bridleways and The Sandstone Way which runs along the north boundary of the farm.
Interaction with guests
This is a working farm. You are welcome to come and learn about the animals and help if you like. In the spring there will be new lambs and calves on the farm. Evening meals/picnics available by request.
Other things to note
Children welcome - please contact us to discuss your requirements.
We have 2 additional double bedrooms which share the family bathroom and are available on booking this listing. Ideal for families/ group bookings.
Price available on request.
- Check in after 5pm unless by prior arrangement. Check out before 10am. If you are coming to us from The Observatory we are happy for you to arrive late at night/ very early in the morning - just let us know so we can send you instructions about where your room is!
Breakfast is help yourself to cereals, bread, farm eggs, fruit, toast etc.
- We have a large dog cage in the hall for visiting dogs (by prior arrangement) - no dogs in the bedrooms.
- Accomodation for bikes and horses can be arranged.
- Please note that we have a child so would appreciate your consideration late at night.
- We may be able to arrange transport for you should you be attending an event or wedding nearby. Please speak to us when you make your booking.
- Evening meals / pack lunches and picnics can be arranged -please discuss your ideas/ requirements when you make your booking.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View other reviews
About the home
When you stay in an Airbnb, you’re staying in someone’s home.