Beautifully furnished Southwestern casita within easy walking distance of the historic Plaza, Railyard, and Canyon Road. Comfortable and charming, the casita has a fully equipped kitchen, soft down comforters in the winter, down and down alternative pillows, fluffy towels, concrete fireplace (and pinon firewood), cable television and internet services, gas grill in the summer, and a private outdoor dining space. Good for couples, solo adventurers, friends, and business travelers.
Our compound consists of a home built in the mid-1800's and two casitas constructed many years later in 2002. Built to very high standards, the casitas are decorated in the classic Southwestern style. Skylights allow additional, natural light in most of the rooms except the bedroom, where precious sleep should not be disturbed. The kitchen is fully outfitted for the gourmet chef, or for preparing breakfasts and snacks, and partaking in Santa Fe's wonderful restaurants. Either way, the kitchen space will be enjoyed. The living room contains a lovely fireplace for chilly nights, cable TV, DVD player, and Bose Soundlink bluetooth speaker. In the bedroom, a queen size bed, soft linens, a dresser for clothing storage and large walk-in closet are provided. Two luggage racks are also available, if you'd rather skip unpacking and get right to the fun. The bathroom has a combination tub/shower, for your personal preference, and soft, absorbent towels. A washer and dryer with soap are included. The casita is very comfortable for 2 people but can accommodate an additional person, sleeping on an AeroBed, at no additional charge.
A common gate is used to access the casitas' entrances. Each casita has a separate doorway and lovely, private backyard with a table and chairs for outdoor dining. The shared area out front contains Adirondack chairs for relaxing and enjoying a glass of wine. The fully outfitted gas grill, available to our guests, completes this space. During cold weather, pinon firewood and kindling are available.
Interaction with guests
I want our guests to enjoy their stay and privacy so I encourage them to define the level of interaction they feel comfortable with. I live next door and am available most of the time (all of the time by phone) to answer questions, provide information and make recommendations. Please let me know if you find anything missing, items that would make your stay more enjoyable or items that need to be replaced.
Although we provide coffee, tea, cocoa, and some basic condiments, I'm happy to stock the kitchen with other items for a nominal $25 fee plus the cost of the groceries. Please send me a list at least a day before arriving.
- Our neighborhood is very safe and quiet. Each casita has a private backyard for dining and relaxing but shares a sitting and grilling area in the front. Out of respect for other guests and our neighbors we request quiet hours between 10:00pm and 8:00am.
- We provide a basket of toiletries in the event you've forgotten something. The basket contains cosmetic wipes. We kindly ask you to use these for cosmetic removal. Thank you.
- Our parking area has 2 off-street spaces, one for each casita. When parking, please ensure that you provide enough space for another car.
- Grilling is at your own risk. Please use care with the gas grill and clean up after you're finished. Please do not leave food outside overnight as it draws uninvited visitors. This is a shared grill, so if there are other guests, please coordinate use. Thank you.
- Although we'd love to allow dogs, the gates aren't sufficient enough to protect your pet from leaving the yard or entering other parts of the property.
This host has 5 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Originally from California, we've made Santa Fe our home and love living here. The breathtaking vistas, clean air, incredible skies, outdoor activities, art and culture make it a truly magical place.
We too love to travel and, therefore, offer the type of accommodation that we look for when we're away from home. We hope our special casitas will add to your experience.