Our home sits hill-top in beautiful Highlands with amazing views to Seattle, Bellevue, the mountains. Our amenities include Big Fish Grill, RAM Restaurant, Caffe Ladro, Safeway . . . even our own neighborhood Cinema! We have TWO lovely rooms to book for 2 guests each or in combination for 4 guests. Each room is spacious, well-appointed with private entry. Our "Seabreeze" room has a comfy double-bed while our recently upgraded and re-named "Regal Plus" room touts a new and comfy queen-size bed!
Each bedroom is very spacious while still feeling cozy and comfy. Each space also has the flexibility of being a one-BR guest accommodation for 1-2 persons OR a 2-BR combined suite for up to 4 guests in your party. This makes our space perfect for the single traveler, the couple on a nice 'getaway', or the family affair with children along! Rooms are 'Jack & Jill' style with bath adjoining; ideal for having parents in entry bedroom with children safe and comfy in adjoined 'inner' room (away from exterior doors)!
**NOTE: Other than different entries and their own distinct décor, each room is amply furnished and offers its own lovely space and charm. Understand that when rooms are booked separately, they will be booked based on my booking calendar as best suits each room's availability ease. Unless specified by guests, one bedroom will not be preferred over the other in booking. So, if you particularly like one bedroom over the other ('Seabreeze' over 'Regal Plus', for example!), be sure you request your room preference when you first book! Otherwise, rooms will be designated per guests upon arrival as my booking calendar best allows. Thank you for being flexible here!
Access to your own space is of course private and at your leisure. Access to our family space is, for now, the same: for our privacy and at our leisure. We are only just beginning this B & B adventure in our home and, until we learn the ropes with guests, the family living space will be *by invitation only*. We lead very busy lives with lots of children's activities and programs. Consequently, when we find ourselves 'home', we truly appreciate settling in, relaxing, and enjoying our private family life with our kids. At this time, we prefer to not allow guests access to the other living areas in our home. Guest access will be limited to the agreed space of bedroom (or bedrooms) and bathroom. On the positive side, the guest accommodation IS very nice space, and you should have everything you need for an enjoyable stay. If not, please ask and I will be happy to help in whatever ways I can. Thank you.
Interaction with guests
I am readily available as your host while you stay in our home. However, as above, I am quite the busy Mom with small children on up. Provided there are no real problems with your space or your stay, I prefer that guests direct your own course during your stay with us. Of course if you need my help, I am available and will do my best to take good care of you while you are here!
Other things to note
I don't know of any other areas to note, other than asking that each guest please read my attached 'House Rules' before booking a room in our place. I am quite friendly and flexible in most every way, but for the safety and well-being of my children, I expect a certain standard of guest and a certain standard of behavior while any guest is staying in our house. Thank you for making sure you read and agree to my House Rules before we move forward.
- No yard, patio, or balcony usage on the property unless requested and approved by host.
- No access to host family's living space(s) within home unless invited by host.
- No cooking allowed within guest accommodation except via microwave oven.
- No disorderly conduct or inappropriate behavior of any sort during your stay. No parties! Drunkenness, drug usage, or reckless behavior of any kind will immediately terminate your stay. This is a FAMILY home with small children and we insist on mature, responsible, courteous guests!
- No late-night entries. *Before midnight nightly is preferred please.
- Quiet hour begins nightly @ 10 PM please. This means NO loud music, noises, shouting, talking, laughing, or other disruptive activities after 10 PM nightly. If a guest must return later than 10 PM (*before midnight preferred) please do so as QUIETLY as possible.
- No other visitors other than agreed guests are allowed access to guest accommodation during your stay.
- Please text or call host rather than knocking on our front door or coming up the balcony stairs. We have small children and prefer a private family life. Texting or calling will allow you and us our personal privacy and some preparation time for a more scheduled visit.
- Please preserve the nice appearance of your B & B space by taking off your shoes upon entry. Leaving your shoes at the door will not only keep your space cleaner during your current visit but will of course ensure the space stays nice for you (and future guests) when you return!