This cottage has wonderful lake and island views,,, right on the shores of beautiful Long Pond in Belgrade Lakes Maine. You’ll love my place because of the private location and custom designed interior,, Our cottage is extremely popular and books out well over a year for most July and August dates, get an early start now on bookings!
SHORT TERM RENTAL RULE(URL HIDDEN)
1. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of people staying at the cottage is six. You may not have others come and stay without our permission THIS INCLUDES TENTING IN OUR BACK YARD. You will be asked to leave and no deposit or refund will be given. READ THIS CAREFULLY!
2. DOGS MAY be allowed. CATS are NOT allowed. Guests must return a Pet Addendum form, provided by the Homeowner, before any consideration is given to your dog. Any approved dog(s) will require a separate payment, due directly to the homeowners, of $100 per one approved dog, or $150 for two approved dogs, maximum of two dogs. We DO NOT allow the following breeds, either FULL or MIXED blood. Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Dobermans or German Shepherds. READ THIS CAREFULLY! Failure to disclose your dogs breed accurately, or bring a dog we did not approve (this applies to other members of your group and any pet they bring without our knowledge or approval) will result in the immediate termination of your stay; no refund of any kind will be given.
3. Length of Stay: This property requires a 7 night minimum stay for most seasons. The maximum stay is two weeks. The weekly rate is non-refundable should you choose to leave early during your reserved dates of stay.
4. Guest agrees to abide by all items in the Rental Rules, including the Pet Addendum/Requirements, at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
5. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
Other than the homeowner, the Guest(s) may not allow anyone access the cottage or the premises, with the exception of police or firemen in the case of an emergency. No personal acquaintances, solicitors, state or county agents, assessors or inspectors of any type shall be allowed without express approval of the Homeowner.
6. Indemnification and Hold Harmless:
Guest(s) agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Owner and/or Property Manager from and against liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guest(s) use and occupancy of the Rental Property including, but not limited to any claim of liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by Guest(s(URL HIDDEN)7. Guest(s) agrees to rent property as is. Owner will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the Rental Property is in acceptable condition in regards to cleanliness and appliance repair. Guest(s) is required to inform Owner of any visible damage or unacceptable cleanliness upon check-in within 24 hours of occupancy. Owner will make every effort to make any necessary repairs in a timely manner. No refunds or rate adjustments will be given due to inoperable appliances, air conditioning, equipment or mechanical failure of non-essential items such as T.V., washer/dryer, etc.. Please report any inoperable appliances immediately to Owner. Owner will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done in a timely and efficient manner. Should a repair person be called to the property and the source of the problem be determined to be the result of Guest(s) mis-use, oversight or neglect, the charge for service shall be the Guest(s) responsibility.
8. Governing Law: This contract shall be enforced under the laws of the State of Maine and represents the entire agreement. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties. In the event of a dispute, legal action may only be instituted in the county in which the rental property is located.
9. Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the property. We (the owners) are often on hand for check out. If the house smells of cigarettes, cigars, or any other smoking odor, your security deposit will not be returned. (This includes the screen porch). QUIET TIME AFTER 8pm.
10. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property unless approved by owners and an additional fee of $75 per person, per night is paid. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
11. The Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs to guests while on the premises (any and all areas of above stated property including the land, the cottage, the shoreline, the road, etc.). The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. It is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
12. Guests agree to use appliances for their intended uses. Unplugging smoke alarms will result in the loss of your security deposit!
13. PARKING – Parking is limited to 2 vehicle(s) near the cottage and one vehicle and/or a boat trailer on the clearing above the cottage. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
14. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cottage. .
15. Fireplace: The fireplace is a vented propane gas log firebox. The fireplace is turned off and gas disconnected from June to September; it is not operational during this time of the year. A Rinnai wall furnace, the main heat source for the cottage, is available all year. If the nights get cool enough you are welcome to use it as you need.
16. Water and Septic: The cottage is on a well and septic system. The mineral content in the water is high. As is the case in most homes in this area of Maine, the well water may have an odor from time to time. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime.
If products have been flushed that are not meant to, and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Storms: If there is a storm, no refunds will be given unless:
• The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane/Tornado Warning area" and/or
• A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane/Tornado Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
• The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane/Tornado Warning," area, we will refund:
Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Warning" period.
*No refunds will be given for spring and fall snow storms. No refunds will be given for power outages.
18. Shoreline and lake safety.
By signing this rental agreement, you are agreeing to provide supervision to children, pets, and each other at all times when going on, in, or near the lake (any area to the lake side of the cottage is considered “lake” in this description). As is the case with any property located directly on the water, waves of all sizes can and do occur at any and all times of day. Shoreline rocks can be slick. The level of water in the lake varies with the amount of rain. The shoreline and bottom of the lake are very rocky. Diving off the dock, the shore, or the swim platform is extremely dangerous. By signing this agreement you are releasing the owners from any and all liability for accidents resulting from use of the lake, the shoreline, the dock, the mooring, the swim platform, any boats, canoes, kayaks or other flotation devices available at the cottage, or any adjacent area to the lake or shoreline. We are not responsible for any damage to your boat while on our mooring, or if our mooring fails, or your boat breaks away from the mooring for any reason.
19. No fireworks or firearms shall be kept, discharged, or used in any manner on our property. If it is discovered that you have used fireworks or firearms on our property, you will be asked to leave immediately with no refund given for any remaining days, plus the loss of your security deposit.
20. Fish remains (guts, entrails, skins, etc.. resulting from the cleaning of fish) All fish guts and their removal and storage are the responsibility of the Guest. No dumping, burying, or discarding into the lake, forest or any adjacent property is allowed.
Note: We do not refund for a mouse, ants, or bees/wasp in the cottage. You are in Maine.
PET REQUIREMENT(URL HIDDEN)Guest hereby agrees to comply the following:
1. All pets must comply with the following specifications (documentation from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by Guest upon request):
a. May not exceed 120 lbs(URL HIDDEN)b. NO Rottweiler’s, Pit Bulls, Dobermans or German Shepherds(URL HIDDEN) even if they are not full blooded. No Cats
c. Must be at least 2 year(s) of age or older.
d. Must be spayed or neutered.
e. Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations
2. All pets must be leashed at all times.
3. Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse.
4. READ CAREFULLY! Pets are not allowed on furniture or beds at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture WILL incur extra cleaning fees, or result in the loss of security deposit. Excess pet hair will result in loss of all or portion of deposit.
5. All pets are to be treated with a topical tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival.
6. The person signing assumes all responsibility for pet, even if the pet is owned by a friend, family member or guest.
7. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit. The person signing also agrees to pay any costs over this amount if the damage exceeds the amount of security deposit..
8. Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. Excessive noise by your pet may be grounds for us to ask you to leave.
9. Pet will not be left unattended at cottage (unless crated), either indoors or out. Pet will not be left unattended on balcony, patio, or porch.
10. Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may occur to you or your pet while the pet is on the premises. Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that your pet may cause to your party/guest/family members, or neighbors, while your pet is on the premises. You agree that your pet will not leave the immediate premises without being on a leash. You agree that you shall be solely responsible for the pet and any damage the pet causes to itself, to the premises or to any person on the premises or neighboring premises. You agree that ONLY the pet(s) listed above will be brought onto this property and that NO other pets, either owned by you or any GUESTS that may visit you during your stay, will be allowed on the premises. YOU agree to be SOLEY LIABLE for any damage or injury caused by your pet or any guests pets, to anyone on our property(s) or ANY NEIGHBORING PROPERTIES.