2 Bedroom w/King size beds. Both bedrooms have TVs & DVD players.
2 Full bathrooms.
Private High Speed Secured Internet Connection
Amazing deck view of the Smokey Mountains.
Fully applianced Kitchen.
First Floor Condo Unit. There are no elevators. Not a wheelchair accessible complex. There are a few steps to enter building.
HOA complex has a condo community indoor pool/spas and outdoor pool. - Don't forget your beach towels (as they are not supplied with the condo).
See pics for more info.
Our condo is 15 minutes to downtown Gatlinburg. It is approx 20 mins to Dollywood and Pigeon Forge. It is about 30 mins from the North Carolina border. You can relax up in the mountain at the condo or enjoy hiking, snow skiing, mountain coasters, dinner shows, white water rafting, golf and more. Enjoy relaxing watching the sunset off the deck. Your can also enjoy watching a movie off the DVD player (or bluray) in the condo.
When your at the complex, you will see an abundance of wildlife in the area. It is common to see wild turkey, deer, bunny rabbits and yes, black bear roaming the grounds below. It is a nature location with prime view and relaxation.
Drive up the mountain to the condo is a really cool experience. The roads are slight curvy as you are driving up a mountain. If you are not used to driving the mountain roads, it can an interesting experience as it was for us when we first drove up there. It is one of the better mountain roads in the area to drive. The drive up the mountain has some beautiful views of the Great Smokey Mountains and overlooking the town of Gatlinburg. As always, drive with caution no matter where you are.
Our condo is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and families (with kids). This condo is approximately 804 square feet.
COUCH doesn't have a pull out bed and we don't have any kids beds or cribs.
SOAP: Also, please note that we do supply trial size hand/body soap similar to what you would receive in a hotel. As a traveler myself who has their own preference in shampoos, body wash, etc, We recommend that you bring your own shampoo, body soap, etc as you will know what like best for you.
Please note the Refrigerator is empty for you fill.
Children of all ages: As stated in this listing, you (as our booking guest) are responsible for your guests including your children. We do not baby proof the place including kitchen drawers or bed guards and it up to the parents to monitor their safety. The only baby proof we supply are outlet covers for outlets that are not in use. If you feel you need any specific item to keep your child safe, you are welcome to bring it. However, it is up to the parent, guardian and guest to watch their child and keep them safe from things they might get into or from harms way.....not the host. Host will not be responsible for your children, you or your guests.
Coffee drinkers: We don't supply any kind of coffee for the condo. It is would be a challenge to meet the taste buds of all the coffee drinkers. However, we do have a washable coffee filter in the machine (thanks to a previous condo guest for the recommendation.) There is also a tea kettle for tea drinkers.
If you have questions about this listing, ask. We usually respond pretty quickly. There also tons of pictures on this listing for you to see.
You will have the entire unit to yourselves. Enjoy your stay. We want to make this as homey as possible for our guests. If you have ideas for improvement, please email or text them to me so we can consider the idea. The goal is for you to have fun, enjoy your stay in your "home away from home."
We will provide you code access within 24 hours of your stay. This include access to condo and internet.
If some reason you need an early check in, please let me know. We can't always grant them but you don't know tell you talk with us. Late check out will not be granted. The reason for this is that we need time allocated between guests for cleaning, inspection, etc. If by change it is ready before the 4 pm check out time, we can gladly text you to grant access. ( just let us know if you want us to tell you it is ready before your check in time of 4 pm. EST.
As stated in our house rules, we will NOT grant access if we don't have a copy of your driver's license and have your completed forms on file. This also includes your license to be verified with Airbnb. Both are a requirement and are NON negotiable.
***FLORIDA GUEST evacuating from Irma hurricane only: we will work with you on getting the forms filled out without having to print them. We still will follow the same rules and guidelines as stated in this listing.
Interaction with guests
We are available by text or cell phone call. If you have questions or need anything when you are there, we are a phone call or text away. (don't be hesitant to ask) We try to give you a quick response in the event of a call or text. However, we will give you your space and enjoy your vacation.
Our guests are always welcome to ask us of any great places to visit in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. We have tried several venues there and are still trying more venues. There is alot to do and can't do it all in one trip. :) If you have great places, share them. We are still finding cool places to go every time we are there. We may message you through Airbnb the night before your check out to remind you of your check out but isn't always a guarantee that we will. Although we don't want to bother you on vacation, it's more for a courtesy to you.
In the event of a maintenance issue, please contact me so it can be taken care of. They will be handled accordingly. Timing of a repair will be based on the response of a third party to come fix an item, if needed. (We will emphasize the importance of prompt repair, as we want you to enjoy your get-a-way. )
Other things to note
The condo unit now has a secured internet connection specifically for this unit only. We will provide you access to our internet connection within 24 to 48 hours of your arrival. Also please note that multiple users on the internet will affect the speed of the internet. **Please note, that internet in this region is considered a luxury, not a normal way of life. The internet capabilities (speed) is good for one or maybe two people. We are still striving to improve the internet speed but as of right now, we have the fastest speed in the area. This condo's internet isn't for several people to stream movies or music at one time.
We will also give you an access code the day before your check-in time. No office check-in needed.
Refrigerator/Condo is empty for you to fill your own preferred foods. There are local grocery stores near by.
This isn't a pet friendly complex.
Couch doesn't have a pull out bed. Keep this in mind when traveling with a party of 5.
Washer and Dryer are not in the unit. They are located in the main office complex near the indoor pool and is a coined washer/dryer.
It is recommended that you print out directions before driving to the condo. Depending on your cell phone provider, you may not have cell reception to access GPS directions to the condo.
If in the event you need to book longer than what is made available of 14 days, please contact us. This is a case by case basis and we can't guarantee we will approve your extended stay. However, ask and we can discuss it.
- There is a $90 non-refundable cleaning charge
- There is a $250 deposit for staying here. As long as nothing is damaged or missing, trashed and rules (and guidelines) are followed, this will be refunded. Missing or swapped out items will result in fee to the guest. The idea is to keep the place looking nice for our guests. Anything that is damaged, missing or destroyed or failure to not follow house rules will be subject to surrendering the $250 deposit plus the cost of the repairs and/or replacement or at host's discretion for any house rules that broken.
- A signed Rental Information Form and a copy of the Responsible Party's Govt. issued photo ID must be received prior to any property access being released. If we do accept your reservation and you haven’t had your ID verified through Airbnb, you will be required to have it verified before we will grant access to the property.
- Renters must be 25 years of age or older to rent this unit. Children must be accompanied by adult at all times. You are responsible for your guests.
- We ask that you please be respectful of the other guest and residents at the Summit. Please keep noises to a minimum from 10 PM until 9 AM.
-Towels provided are to be used for bathing/shower purposes only such as drying yourself after a shower. In the event that you use our towels to wipe off dirt such as dirt that comes from hiking or use them to clean off makeup for example but limited to, we will charge you $20 per towel, no matter the size of the towel. In the event a towel is missing, we will charge your $20 per towel, no matter the size of the towel. If you know you will need to use towels for these things sort of situations, please bring your own.
- Please do not feed the wildlife. Doing so endangers not only you but the wild life itself.
-Don’t leave garbage or items on the deck other than the patio chair and patio table. Why? Bears. They do climb for food and it can endanger yourself and others. They are scavenger animals and can smell food for miles!
-Don't put feminine products, paper towels, baby wipes etc in the toilet even if the product states you can dispose them. This prevents clogging the toilet issues.
- Please be respectful of the condo unit itself. We do not ask that you clean the unit before you leave but do tidy up.
- There is absolutely no smoking allowed inside the unit or on the deck.
- Please take all trash to the dumpster (conveniently located in front of the building) when you leave. Make sure that you secure the dumpster with the latch to keep bears from getting in. (And yes, they will indeed attempt to get in the dumpster).
- Dishes must all be washed/cleaned and put away.
- Please do not put bones or whole food into the disposal as it will clog. If you are not sure what to put down the garbage disposal, please ask.
- Please adjust the thermostat setting to 78 degrees in the Summer months and 65 degrees in the Winter months before you depart.
-Upon checking out, please remove all food items from the freezer and refrigerator. Either take them with you or throw them away in the dumpster.
-All windows and doors must be closed & locked prior to checking out.
-All blinds are closed.
-Condo's window's and doors must be locked when not in the unit.
-Please put furniture back into original place.
- Soiled Towels are to be left on the bathroom floor.
- All lights, fans, TV and other small appliances must be turned off.
- Use the check out checklist and follow the lock guide that will be given to you when checking into the condo. ( will be uploaded into your Airbnb messaging the day before you check in).
- Strict check out time is at 11 am Eastern time. Check-in at 4 pm Eastern time. If you miss your checkout time, you will be subject to a $250 removal fee and all items will be removed from the premises. Host (and hired staff) will not be responsible for your left behind items. It is up to the host's discretion as to the best method to handle the left behind items and missed check out times. Host (and staff) have access rights between these hours or in the event of an emergency or repair during time frame of guests staying. We (or staff) don’t go into the condo while you are there unless there is emergency, repair or between checkin’s/checkout’s. Once checkout time has past, guest(s) understands that they don’t have access rights to the condo and guest(s) access is null and void. Why do we have this rule? Many times we have guests schedule to come in the same day that you are scheduled to checkout. Therefore, we have to have a strict guideline for this.
- Please do a thorough search for your personal belongings prior to departing. We will be happy to ship your lost or forgotten items but the courier service we use charges a minimum $50.00 charge plus the actual cost of shipping and insurance. Therefore, please be sure that you have everything before you depart. In addition to the $50 charge for leaving items behind, you will be subject to an additional charge of $110 for picking up your items and is left to the host discretion to decide if you will be charged the additional fees. These additional fees are on top of the original $90 cleaning fee that you already paid upon reserving the property and is non-refundable. If we don't hear from you through Airbnb that something has been left behind within 4 hours after your check out time, we will assume that you are surrendering your items and they will be discarded. Depending on the amount of items left behind, we may hold it up to 24 hours for you, but this isn’t a guarantee. You will still be subject to the additional $110 for surrendering left items and is up to the Host’s discretion. Therefore, please use the checkout list that is emailed to you when you are given access to the property. The checkout list is also on the back of the door for your convince.
Bears: We do recommend that you familiarize yourself with the interaction of bear. (as we want to keep you safe and not harm the wild life.) The Great Smokey Mountains National Park Service is a great resource for information on handling a bear.