Are you looking for something that locals do or anywhere that only locals enjoy? Would you like to explore traditional side of Tokyo or so called "Shitamachi"? Well... then you just found a perfect base for your amazing trip to Tokyo! We have a 520m of old shopping street with plenty of different kinds of stores. There is also a streetcar passing by as well as traditional onsen a mins away, and it somehow makes your time slow down. Take this opportunity to explore hidden side of Tokyo :)
If you are wishing to stay in a traditional Japanese house, yet very clean, our newly renovated 2 story house would be a perfect base for exploring the city.
1F: When you enter the house, there is shared space on the 1st floor that we are not currently renting out to anyone. This space will be open (run by company, not us) from 2/18 as a cafe offering some drinks as well as light snacks or handmade goods between 10AM and 5PM every Wednesdays and Saturdays for locals as well as travelers to stop by and have a chat together or simply come inside to sit and eat Japanese foods from local nearby stores on the shopping street. :) It will be a great place for you to hang out as well if you want to spend your time with locals and get to know better about us. So please feel free to stop by and enjoy your time!
**Note: All the places in the pictures in our airbnb page are private area that you can safely use during your stay :D So for those spaces, you dont have to share w/ anyone!
After going through this common area, you will find kitchen area, shower room with bathtub, and separate toilet room. All the basics are provided so that you can stay here comfortably! Check the list of amenities as well as facilities below.
2F: You will just love this space! We have 2 tatami space where a maximum of 5 guests can sleep with 5 sets of futon. Both can be used for multiple purposes, and the other one has "Horigotatsu" - a traditional Japanese heating - which is a large square opening usually covered with a wooden frame and a piece of futon or quilt when it is cold outside. The other thing you will love or possibly take a picture of is the ceiling. This ceiling is made of wooden 86 years ago and somehow reminds you of Kyoto area where long history still remains with beautiful wooden buildings.
We’ve prepared this place so that you can have real Japanese living experiences, and also learn about our culture deeply and possibly things that you did not know before you come. So stay here and you will have a fantastic time!
+++++++++ Amenities/Facilities +++++++++
We will supply you with;
- Pocket Wi-Fi access
- Clean bath towels and linen
- Hair dryer
- Washing machine
- Full kitchen - microwave and fridge
- Shower room and washlet
- Air conditioners for heating and cooling
- Iron & ironing board
- Coffee maker
++++++++++++++ Bedding +++++++++++++++
5 single futon
Interaction with guests
This will be your own private house while you are in Tokyo. Of course I like to meet as many guests as possible, but I have a busy schedule so I let an Airbnb host support company called Zens care of my guests and apartment. Throughout your stay the Zens Team are always contactable for anything so please don’t hesitate to get in contact with them.
Other things to note
+++++++++++++ Children ++++++++++++++
There is no need to count children 3 or under as guests. However we count children over 3 as regular guests.
+++++++++++++ Check-in ++++++++++++++
Check-in time is after 3pm. Please ask us 1 day before arrival if you would like to check-in early as it may be possible depending on the previous guests
If an early check in isn’t possible you can always use a coin locker in large/major stations to store your large bags.
+++++++++++++ Check-out ++++++++++++++
10am. Unfortunately you cannot leave your bags in the room as generally there will be another guest arriving in the afternoon.
Again we suggest a coin locker at the train station.
+++++++++++++ Availability ++++++++++++++
Our calendar in this page is usually always up to date no matter what this website says.
For your convenience, there is no need to ask us if it is available.
Also, last-minute bookings are usually no problem. Typically, the first paid reservation will get the room.
A short introduction of yourself is always nice. For example, your origin, jobs, age, hobby etc.
+++++++++++++ Last Words ++++++++++++++
Please read all the information available here & messages sent from Airbnb or us before you come to our place.
Room rates are better to check on the Airbnb website rather than asking us, because the rates fluctuate according to currency exchange rates.
Airbnb automatically takes care of the calculation.
We'd love to help you to enjoy your stay in Tokyo very much.
We try to keep the rules simple:
- Smoking is NOT allowed on property.
- Please do not throw anything except for toilet paper into toilet as it can cause a clog and needs repairing
- Please do not touch anything inside the cafe area as all the things in there do not belong to us.
- All musical instruments, stereos, radios, and your voice volume, etc., should be at a volume that won’t disturb the neighbours. Sometimes this can be quieter in Japan than other countries, please keep this in mind.
- Please ask us if you want to invite anyone over. If someone is staying overnight there is an extra charge which is shown on the listing page.
- Please wash any dishes you use and try to leave the apartment in about the same condition as when you arrived. It helps us a lot to maintain a comfortable and clean environment.
- When entering the room please remember to take your shoes off inside.
- Please always give a smile to the neighbours or property manager if you see them :). Some of them may worry about new guests arriving so a smile is important!
- Please turn off the lights and air conditioner when you are out the apartment. We want to help the environment.
- Check-out has to be done by 10:00 am. I’m sorry but we have to charge you 3500 yen per hour for late check-out. It’s because we have to pay the cleaner for the extra hours and it will cause trouble for the next guests arriving.
If you could treat our place like it's your own house we will be happy :)
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
Hello ! (日本語は下段にあります)
I am Mino living in Tokyo ! welcome to Japan.
I had stayed Tokyo over 30 years.
We hope you enjoy your stay at our apartment and have a lot of fun while in Japan. Our concept of the room is to providing simple, clean and comfortable environment for our guests.
So I'm excited to start hosting new friends from all over the world!
I can speak and/or understand English. I want to improve more!
We are looking forward to hearing from you, please don't be hesitate if you have questions. Please enjoy your Japan stay.
About the home
When you stay in an Airbnb, you’re staying in someone’s home.