One of 66 stunning villa’s located on a 1,000-acre wildlife estate with panoramic views of Mount Kenya, the Aberdares and the Loldaiga Mountains. A modern elegant base for a bush holiday. Walk, cycle and jog around the estate, free of predators but teeming with plains game and birdlife. Exclusive gate access to neighbouring 90 000 acre Ol Pejeta Conservancy: home of the 'big five' and world famous rhino sanctuary (park fees apply). Staff quarter available at no extra cost. Located near waterhole
Architecturally acclaimed villa design. Each of the houses are discretely located within a cocoon of African bush to afford privacy. Use of local natural materials allow the houses to blend into the natural habitat. An open plan kitchen / dining room; sitting room and three terraces (downstairs and upstairs) provide ample space for people to find privacy or to socialize together. Enjoy sitting next to a roaring log fire on chillier nights. The entire house is available for your use - please note 1 bedroom and some cupboards and the pantry are kept locked with owner's personal belongings.
The whole 1000-acre wildlife estate has been carefully designed to give a unique opportunity to unwind in the bush, explore and mix with wildlife, away from vehicles, in safety and in magnificent surroundings. Enjoy the cycling and footpaths for jogging / walking amongst the plains game wildlife. The intimacy of being able to enjoy wildlife on foot is very special: especially when one chances upon Oryx or Grevy’s Zebra which form part of our endangered breeding program. The sunsets are beautiful and star gazers will love the night skies.
The entire house is available for your use ( except one locked bedroom, some wardrobes and the pantry which have owner's personal goods).
Use of the MKWE club house and swimming pool included.
Walk, job or cycle around the 1000acre wildlife estate using the footpaths and cycles paths available.
Exclusive gate access to neighbouring 90 000 acre Ol Pejeta Conservancy: home of the 'big five' and world famous rhino sanctuary (park fees apply).
Interaction with guests
Upon arrival at the MKWE entrance gate our security staff will sign you in and direct you to the management office. A member of our management team will accompany you to the villa and settle you into the property and explain how everything works. Our management team are on hand throughout your stay (office is open during business hours and they are located on site so can be called in an emergency during the night). We have laundry, cleaning and chef services which may be booked subject to availability and at a cost. Our team will take care of you.
Other things to note
This is a wildlife estate. While free of predators; all children should be accompanied by adults when walking outdoors.
All our guests wish to enjoy the wonder of a wildlife estate. We ask that you respect the privacy of our other guests .
• Check in is 3pm - 6pm and check out is before 1030 am. Arriving slightly earlier or need an extra hours sleep? Should be fine but please check with us first.
• Please ensure all members of your party are confirmed on the booking.
• The number of guests cannot exceed the maximum capacity of the house. (Children under 5 years old may share a bed).
• The easiest way to disrupt a happy holiday is to have plumbing problems. Please don’t flush disposable nappies and sanitary towels down the toilet so you have a royal flush kind of holiday
• If you are coming to Nanyuki or a wild party you’ve picked a great location to do so. Unfortunately just NOT OUR place. Though we are sure it won’t come to it, serious complaints of unruly behavior will unfortunately result in you being asked to leave. Not good for you. Not good for us.
• Whilst we do a thorough professional clean between each guest stay, we kindly ask prior to leaving, you clean and put away any dishes or kitchen ware used. If you would like assistance with cleaning, the management office can arrange daily cleaning service (subject to availability).
• We understand accidents happen. But we do ask that you please let us know when they do. Chances are we can fix them as effortlessly as possible which also means a better chance of having your full security deposit returned to you.
• The houses are rented on a self-catering basis. All food, drinking water and beverages must be brought in by our guests. If you would like help with shopping or a chef; please contact the management office and this will be arranged subject to availability. Nanyuki has a Nakumatt supermarket and the New Cedar shopping Mall is due to open shortly.
• Please shut windows /doors and take outdoor cushions indoors when leaving the house for a walk, drive or even if you are having a sleep. As we are located on a wildlife estate you will find birds and certain inquisitive creatures may join you inside the house and unfortunately they tend to be quite messy and can damage the interiors. Local rain showers can arrive at short notice too.
This host has 14 reviews for other properties.View other reviews