About this listing
Our apartment to rent is on Andrássy Avenue, only a few steps to Opera, in the very heart of the inner city, in one of the most inspiring and exciting, upcoming areas of Budapest. It would be hard to find a better location for your visit to Budapest!
Sauna, Balcony, Parking and excellent location....our second home in the very heart of the city, is located on Andrassy Avenue (commonly known as the Champs Elysées of Budapest), a few steps from the picturesque Opera House and St. Stephen's Basilic. I immediately fell in love with this part of town as it is a vibrant, exciting and upcoming area of Budapest, still very close to everything, but a place where locals are actually living, with many restaurants, cafés and bars that are of good quality and not touristy. The Avenue is an iconic boulevard in Budapest, Hungary, dating back to 1872. It links Elizabeth Square with the City Park. It was recognised as a World Heritage Site in 2002. It is also one of Budapest's main shopping streets, with fine cafes, restaurants, theatres, and luxury boutiques like Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, Armani, Gucci and more. Taking you right in to the heart of Budapest, tons of restaurants and the famous "ruin bars" of Budapest!
We would love to welcome you as our guest in our apartment.
A well equipped GYM is located on the next corner. BREAKFAST is available a few minutes distance in Café Vian. Bakery, ATM's, 24/7 shops, a pharmacy and a supermarket are all nearby.
Although the apartment is non-smoking, the small balcony provides a good opportunity, where you can enjoy a nice view towards Andrassy út and Basilica.
Come and experience a city holiday off the beaten track!
* Hungarian State Opera House (100m)
* Drechsler House
* The Pest Broadway: a junction with four exquisite theatres at its four corners
* Franz Liszt square: a square with the Academy of Music and a multitude of cafés
* Oktogon: junction with Grand Boulevard
* House of Terror (Terror Háza): commemorating the two main oppressing regimes in Hungary, Fascism and Communism, and their victims (website, ÁVH)
* Franz Liszt Memorial House and the old Academy of Music
* Zoltán Kodály Memorial House
* College of Fine Arts
* Ferenc Hopp East-Asian Art Museum
* Heroes' Square: the entrance of the City Park, with the Millennium Monument, the Palace of Art (Budapest), the Museum of Fine Arts (Budapest)
* Recently opened world famous luxury fashion shops like Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, Armani, Gucci and more
Tradition and modernity blend perfectly here, just as it is true for Budapest as a whole. Our apartment is well equipped to provide a comfortable stay in Budapest. The flat is quiet and light, you don't have to worry about the noise of the avenue. It is also cool in summer and warm in winter thanks to the 80cm wide walls! The apartment has double glazed windows, SAUNA (10€ heating up fee), baby gears and toys (free) and WIFI (free). 2 towels/guest, bed sheets, linens and pillows provided. Toiletries: soap, toilet papers, HAIRDRYER, washing machine, IRONING equipment.
* spacious with lots of social space and enjoys a small balcony with views for Andrássy Avenue and the Basilica, 1 large sofa and a pull out sofa bed, which can comfortably accommodate 2 persons, satellite television. The door inlay of the living room was made by glass artist.
DINING AREA AND KITCHEN
* seats up to 8 people and leads into the spacious kitchen. The kitchen is well equipped (coffee, kettle, toaster, dishwasher...), having been our family home. Thanks to the programmable oven you can also have fresch, warm food when you return back from sightseeing. Facilities: Coffee machine, Toaster, Kettle, Dishwasher, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Cooking facilities
BEDROOM No. 1.
* Master bedroom facing the street with a quality double bed;
* at the opposite end of the apartment facing the courtyard with a double bed,
* The flat features a luxurious bathroom with bath and shower, seperate WC and a sauna, all with Hansgrohe taps. We provide hair dryer and towels.
* smooking is allowed only here - you can enjoy the moving city from this point. You can also see the top of the Basilica. It's extremely nice when Andrássy Avenue is decorated for Christmas.
* We can also provide baby gear including, baby cot, a high chair, tub and chamber pot at no extra charge.
* Our private parking place for car in Székely Street (1 min. by walk) is also at your disposal (10€/day).
Interaction with guests
Me or one of my colleagues will be happy to welcome you upon your arrival. I love meeting our guests and am doubly happy when I see the variety of different kinds of people, who are happy and make our homes their homes. I try to come .. but I am traveling and working for clients, so quite busy. We'll give you the keys and explain all you should know about our neighborhood. I am always available via email and SMS (also on What's App) as are Ildikó or Eszter my right hands, wonderful assistants.
It would be hard to find a better location for your visit to Budapest: our apartment is on Andrássy Avenue in the very heart of the inner city, in one of the most inspiring and exciting, upcoming areas of Budapest. The Opera House, Basilica, Jewish quarter, Europe's largest Synagogue, interesting design shops, boutiques, art galleries as well as lots of nice cafés, restaurants and the ruin pubs are all within walking distance.
Terézváros - The 6th district of Budapest is the most ‘uptownish’ quarter of the city. Andrássy Avenue goes all along this part of the town; it has always been the most elegant avenue since the beginning of the century and even today. This district is the typical example of uptown life, and nightlife is unique here as well. There are hundreds of pubs, clubs, revue-bars, theatres, shops and fast-food places. Do not miss a night adventure here.
Public transport, all a few minutes walk, puts the entire city within easy reach. ALL Metro lines and many bus/tram lines are available. Closest metro station is Opera (Millenium Line - taking you to Szechenyi Bath in 10 minutes) and Deak square (M1, M2 and M3 Lines). Secured parking available at 3 min. walking distance (10€/day).
Other things to note
Airport taxi transfer service for only 20EUR (special offer for our guests - 20% less than other companies), app. 25 min. door to door service. On request we shall make a reservation, just let me know your flight details.
We offer plenty of services which may take more enjoyable your stay in Budapest and get you closer to our culture:
- Hungarian breakfast
- Danube Cruise also with dinner
- Hungarian Folklor performance - something really no to miss!
- Hop ON/OFF tours from 3.600HUF with 48 hours validity
- Budapest Card
1. We have no reception desk, the key is given at a pre-arranged time. The apartment can be occupied on the day of the arrival from 2PM and should be left before 10AM on the day of departure.
2. Parking fee is 10EUR/day. Sauna heating up fee is 10EUR.
3. We kindly ask all our guest to fill in our registration book upon arrival.
4. Please return all the keys received as agreed previously at the handover.
5. Please always lock the doors to your apartment, i.e. the street door, the apartment door and the security gate if available. In case any apartment key would be lost you should inform us immediately; the necessary lock and key changes will be charged to you.
6. The apartment can be used only by our checked-in guests.
7. Please leave the apartment in the same general condition as you found it on arrival. Any damage caused during your stay must be compensated by you. Please respect the cleanliness.
8. Should you face any problem with the apartment while your stay, please inform us immediately.
9. We accept no responsibility for your valuables left in the apartment.
10. At the check out please wash any used dishes and remove any rubbish, leaving the apartment in the same condition as you occupied it.
11. Pets are not allowed in the apartment, unless formerly agreed with us.
12. Smoking in the apartment is strictly forbidden but you can use of course our balcony.
13. This point is particularly important and no concessions will be made: Please pay respect to other residents of the house. Please close the doors carefully and silently, stay away from any behavior that can disturb any residents particularly after 9PM. We reserve the right to cancel the service immediately with keeping the whole fee of the rental if we receive any valid complaints from other residents of the house.
14. We do not accept reservations for stag or hen parties, or of football supporters coming to European Championship matches. Thank you for your understanding.
15. In heating season the normal temperature is
- morning (7.30-9.30am) 19-21 celsius degrees
- evening (19.30-21.30) 19-21 celsius degrees
- rest of the day 17-19 celsius degrees
inside the apartment.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 1278 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Budapestay Apartments is a family owned company, founded in 2011, after working more than 10 years in a multinational environment. Me and my husband, Ferenc have traveled a lot and have developed a great sence of hospitality. Our small team (Ildikó, Dorina, my husband Ferenc and me) are grateful for all our wonderful Airbnb guests who make hosting so interesting. We have met so many interesting people — both through hosting and as guests ourselves — and we look forward to meeting you soon! Our aim is to become a Super Host, so we will do our best that you could have an incredible experience of Budapest!
We love Budapest, especially the feeling of the “pesti bérházak” (old Pest style apartment building / palace) with their charm still preserving some shine from the belles époque. We are also a fun of interior decoration with high willingness to create harmony between modernity, tradition and environmentally friendly solutions.
Do not hesitate to contact me!
We hope to See You soon !