We have official hotel licence from Kyoto city, so it is safe to book!
Live like locals in your own, cozy house, which is merging the authentic Japanese style with modern comfort, original wooden architecture, rice paper shades, sliding doors.
Easy to access from Kyoto station with subway, RAKU sightseeing bus.
Local neighborhood with shopping street, tearoom and zen temple.
Funaoka onsen is just 15 min away by walk.
Guidebook and tips for discount shopping, walking tours, free coffee.
Merging authentic Japanese style with modern comfort.
- Japanes style bathroom with wasching machine, hairdryer, toothpaste, 2 towels for every guest
- high-quality toilet with heathing and bide function
- living room with fully equipped kitchen
- two separate, lockable bedrooms:
- one with double bed for 2 people
- one with double futon for 2 people
Optional layouts for 5 people:
- extra futon to the living room
- extra futon to the bedrooms
For your comfort:
- air-conditioner in every room (heating and cooling),
- 2 private refigerators in the bedrooms,
- fully equipped kitchen with microwave, electric oven, toaster, Nescafe coffee machine, water boiler, plates and cups,
- complementary coffee and tea,
- washing machine (free to use),
Check-in from 15:00 - you can check-in by yourself anytime
If there isn't a guest right before you, you are welcome to check-in earlier for free - we will send a message about this option.
Check-out until 10:00 - you can check-out by yourself
If there isn't a guest right after you, you are welcome to check-out later for free!
- we will send a message about this option.
If you need guidance, we can meet with you at Kyoto station or another location.
Interaction with guests
I'm happy to help to plan your travel and have suggestions where to go and what to do. I'm the organizer of the Design walk Kyoto, which is a free guided walk in the downtown of Kyoto, related to traditional art and design. I usually invite guests to join and also sending invitation to another events like festivals, night illuminations or other activities. I am organizing walking tours and creating connection between local people and our guests. Feel free to connect and ask.
Other things to note
No smoking in the house and no smoking in the front of the house.
We have official hotel licence from Kyoto city, so it is safe to book and stay with us.
- Quiet, residential area
- No smoking
- No party in the house
I am a Kyoto-lover! I'm studying tea ceremony and created the Design Walk in Kyoto program for tourists. I would like to support your trip in Kyoto to have a great experience! I am always sending the actual programs, festival, activities to our guests and helping planning their travel.