About 1 mile from the Huntington Beach pier, close to the beach, take the video tour, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) Key Words: "Huntington Beach , Dolphin House"
Adults over 25 only, NOT a party house. Perfect for Business Travelers, a couples get away, friends, family visits. You will have privacy in a quiet neighborhood, No Smoking, NO Pets, 5 Bikes, Beach Gear, Pool Table, Air Hockey, Putting Green for Adult Play (play grounds are close by for small kids), 3 HD Flat Screens and FIOS WIFI, Washer / Dryer, BQ
Take the virtual tour, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) "Dolphin House Huntington Beach"
Close to the Beach, Disneyland, Anaheim Convention Center, Major Hospitals. There are grocery and specialty stores 2 blocks away. A unique property designed for comfort with some elegance and a beach theme.
Access to the entire property. Very private and quiet.
Other things to note
Take the video tour, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) Key Words:
"Huntington Beach , Dolphin House"
Hello and thanks for considering the “Dolphin House” for your next Huntington Beach stay and if you have not done so already, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) “Dolphin House Huntington Beach” for a video tour.
We completely renovated the Dolphin House inside and out and opened in November 2016. Since then we have hosted many lovely guests, perhaps you have read some of their reviews. We believe that the vast majority of visitors to Huntington Beach are extremely thoughtful and kind people, but on the advice of long time (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) owners and their attorneys, we created a rental agreement and list of “House Rules” to safeguard the “Dolphin House” from guests that may not be as considerate as you.
So please don’t be offended when we ask you to review these documents and either take a photo or scan back to us these pages plus a copy of the primary renters’ driver’s license.
1. The list, age and contact information of the adults in the Rental Party.
2. Credit Card information, if applicable. If you book directly through (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), Home Away, Trip Advisor, Air BnB , we don’t need you credit card info.
3. The signature page, print and sign your name.
4. Copy or photo of the primary renter’s driver’s license.
My email is (EMAIL HIDDEN) to text or call me ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
If we do not receive these at least 2 weeks prior to your stay, your reservation may be cancelled. Please call me if you have any questions.
I apologize for the hassle, and I think that you, your friends and family will find the “Dolphin House” worthy of the effort. We hope so.
Thanks again, safe travels and see you soon,
(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between James Mushen (“Homeowner”) and _______________________ (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property is located in Huntington Beach, near the cross streets of Beach Blvd. and Adams. It is the property listed and described in the Home Away Site. For security, the exact location, key codes and phone number will be sent after the signed rental agreement and after final payment in full is received. The payment will not accepted without the signed rental agreement, list of Adults in the rental party and number of children
The property is furnished and includes all the items documented in the Home Away, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), Airbnb,(URL HIDDEN) or (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) property description and the property video found: (URL HIDDEN)
Kitchen includes; a microwave, coffee maker, toaster, gas stove, oven, dishwasher, refrigerator and place settings for 10. We also supply the linens and towels. There is no daily maid service. The garage has a washer and dryer which is available to the guests staying at the Dolphin House only, as is the pool table and air hockey table. Bikes and beach equipment in the garage are used by the guests at their own risk. The guests understand that wet suits and boogie boards are NOT life saving devices and that bicycling carries its own risks. There are also boxes in storage, tools and cleaning supplies in the garage that the guests agree not to disturb.
2. Rental Party: How many children?
The rental party shall consists of these adults (over 18):
Print the name, age and contact information of each adult.
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 8 persons. An additional charge or $30 per person per night for guests in addition to 4 will be assessed.
4. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 4 p.m. on the “Check-in Date” and ends at 10 a.m. on the “Checkout Date”.
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 3 night minimum stay during the Off Peak periods as defined in the rate schedule on Home Away. 6 night minimum stays are required during Peak, Event and Holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than 6 days during the Peak period the guest will be charged $499 a night. If during the Event or Holiday period, the guest will be charged the $599 a night.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
8. Rental Rate and Fees Deposit:
(URL HIDDEN)a) A damage deposit of $500 is due at least 30 days prior to the Check-In Date.
The damage deposit be refunded within 14 days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
i. damage to the property or furnishings;
ii. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
iii. any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
9. Cancellation Policy: If the Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, or otherwise terminate this Agreement prior to the deposit will be refunded as follows:
100% if cancelled 60 days prior to the Check-in Date
50% if cancelled 30 days prior to the Check-in Date
10. Holding Over: The Guest agrees that there shall be no holding over or late departure without prior approval. Any unauthorized holding over by the Guest shall be subject to a charge of $50 an hour plus any portion of an hour and any additional damages incurred including, but not limited to, the cost of alternative housing for guests displaced by the late departure.
11. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
12. Payment: Is easily made through the websites (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), Home Away etc. but you can pay me direct through: personal check, cashier’s check, bank transfer, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or credit card. It may be easier just to call me with this info, James Mushen ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN))
Name on credit card: __________________ Type: _______________
Credit card billing address:_________________________________________________
City_______________________________ State ___________ Zip Code___________
Credit Card Number________________________________________
Exp date_____________ CVV (Security) Code _____________
By my signature below, I hereby give permission to charge my credit card for the amounts above. I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above. I have read my rights to purchase travel insurance.
[Rest of page intentionally left blank]
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
Homeowner James Mushen Guest:
[electronic or manual signature]:
Name (print) James Mushen Name (print):
Phone # (during stay): (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) Phone # (during stay):
1. No tampering with the security cameras , please don’t touch (i) Guest and Authorized Guests, and all others may be required to immediately leave the Premises, or be removed from the Premises (ii) Guest is in breach of this Agreement, and (iii) Guest forfeits its right to return of any security deposit.
2. Smoking is NOT allowed on the Premises or Property which includes patios, backyard, and garage. If smoking does occur on the Premises (i) The Guest is responsible for all damage caused by the smoking including but not limited to, stains, discoloration, burns, odors, smells on the upholstery, walls, linens and removal of debris, (ii) Guest and Authorized Guests, and all others may be required to immediately leave the Premises, or be removed from the Premises (iii) Guest is in breach of this Agreement, and (iv) Guest forfeits its right to return of any security deposit.
3. Pets are NOT allowed. If an unauthorized pet is on the Premises (i) Guest is responsible for all damage caused by the pet, (ii) Guest, Authorized Guests, pet(s) and all others may be required to immediately leave the Premises, or be removed from it, (iii) Guest is in breach of this Agreement, and (iv) Guest forfeits its right to of any security deposit.
4. From the ADA: Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties. Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. Reasonable Accommodation for Service Animals will be made provided, (i) Guest makes a written letter request for reasonable accommodation that must be received by the Owner 90 days prior to the reservation, (ii) A letter from a medical or other professional with verification of disability and need for accommodation must be received by the Owner 60 days prior to the reservation (iii) Verification that the Animal is registered with the ADA must be submitted to the Owner 60 days prior to the reservation. (iv) Guest is responsible for any damage by the animal. (v) If any of these letters are not received within the timeline stated, the reservation will be cancelled.
5. People other than the Guest and Authorized Guests set forth above as the Adults listed in the Rental property and number of children may not stay overnight in the Premises. Any other person on the Premises is the sole responsibility of the Occupant. The Occupant is not allowed to exceed the occupancy agreed above. If the Occupant exceeds the agreed upon limit in Rental Party, they will be charged $50 a night for each person.
6. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors; Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m.
7. The Putting Green is for the enjoyment of the guests of the Dolphin House. Please advise children that the Putting Green is for adults only (or children with adult supervision). The putting surface can be dented and/or damaged in many ways: stepping on a golf ball, striking with a putter, chairs, high heels, grill, spills, stains etc. The guest will be responsible for any damage.
8. The owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. Use of the bikes, boogie boards and other equipment is at your risk. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. It is recommended that you get renters insurance to cover your property loss.
9. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
10. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
11. Guest parking is in front of the house, in front of the garage door and in the Cul De Sac behind the rear gate. Look for the lemon tree. Street cleaning days are posted and you will be ticketed.
12. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included, daily maid service is not. We have beach towels in the garage. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house.
13. Garbage: Any garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage or recycling receptacle. When they are full you can place them in large containers in front of the garage door. The Brown container is for trash, Blue recycle.
14. Jacuzzi: When using the Jacuzzi, be careful getting into and out of the tub, use at your own risk. Follow the instructions provided in the “Dolphin House Bible” located on the counter.
15. Gas Fireplace: Follow the instructions provided in the “Dolphin House Bible” located on the counter.(i) Open the flue first! (ii) Do not leave the fire unattended or on overnight (iii) Do not throw anything into the fireplace.
16. Toilets: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products, or anything other than toilet paper have been flushed and clog the system, you could be charged damages for the cost of the plumber.
17. Condition of Premises: Premises will be delivered to the Guest in a professionally cleaned condition. Upon termination of occupancy, Guest will deliver the Premises in the same condition less ordinary wear and tear. There will be a $50 fee if the BBQ isn’t cleaned and / or a $50 fee if the trash is not taken out. If the Guest does not return the Premises in the same condition a(n) (additional) charge will be deducted from the security deposit. The Guest shall, on arrival, examine the Premises, all fixtures and furnishings, appliances, and landscaping and shall immediately report with a call, email or text to the Owner and report anything in disrepair.
18. Entry: The Owner and Owners representatives and agents have the right to enter the Premises, upon reasonable notice, (i) for the purpose of making necessary or agreed upon repairs, for maintenance or to supply necessary or agreed upon service, (ii) to verify that Occupant has complied with the terms of this agreement, (iii) in case of emergency.
19. No fireworks or firearms are permitted on the property, to include being locked in a car. Failure to abide by this rule will result in the guest’s immediate expulsion without refund of rent or deposit. The Huntington Beach Police may be contacted.
20. Checkout policy: Unless pre-authorized by the owner, checkout is 10AM. Guests should leave their beds un-made, used towels on the floor and please put dirty dishes in the dishwasher and start it. Trash needs to be put into the appropriate container in front of the garage. Place dirty dishes in the dishwasher and start it. Refer to #10 in Rental Contract for “Holding Over” policy and fees.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.