If you love seeing the sights of Edinburgh and also the peace and tranquility of the countryside, then Ugston Mill is the place to stay! 20 minutes from Edinburgh by train, 25 by car.
Double room in beautiful converted cottage with wonderful kitchen diner, great views of hills, Aga, wood burner in comfy sitting room, large rambling garden, with garden furtniture, pond and brick bbq.
Nearby market town of Haddington, sandy beaches, golf courses and lovely coastal villages. Lovely situation.
- Please don't book for someone else using your profile, I rely on your reviews from other people, and if it's for someone else I have no way of knowing, thanks
- Groups living at the cottage are welcome to use it for get togethers. For other events or parties, just let me know what you would require etc. and I will try to help.
- My lovely dog Milly is getting old, and she is generally easy going. However, if you dont like dogs or are allergic, just let me know. I can send her to my mum!
- I'm really sorry, but there is a strictly no smoking policy at the house. You can however smoke in the garden.
- There is a small pond in the garden, so guests need to make sure their children are supervised in the garden at all times. The garden is fenced and gated, and dog proof.
- Bus stop to Edinburgh or Haddington is at end of my farm road. Buses take about an hour into the city centre. Train station six minutes away at Longniddry. Trains take 20 mins to city centre. Local taxi service available (Colin's Cabs ) or by arrangement I can provide transport to station or airport (45 mins away) for an extra charge. By car, Edinburgh is 20-25 mins away. Very easy access to city.
- Please ask me about extra guests before hand
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 22 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
My name is Jilly, and I am looking forward to meeting lots of lovely guests from all over the country/world. I live just outside Edinburgh, in East Lothian's lovely countryside.
I am easy going, friendly and approachable and love to meet people from all over the world. I am a trained florist and also as a colour therapist. However, I am presently loving my work as a seasonal tourist advisor for VisitScotland in Edinburgh. It seems like the ideal job for me, as it encompasses all my loves - Scottish history, geography, travel, meeting people, customer services and retail work. Plus I get to practice my French and Italian.
I have a good knowledge of the local area and Scotland in general, so quite happy to help you plan your trip if you need advice. Am equally happy with guests who want to be sociable or others who would rather have their own company. Flexible!
I love travel and have explored many countries. I have five grown up kids, and two grand children so far....
I love to cook, learn about Scottish history, visit new places, design, love movies, horse riding, skiing, walking, parties, going out on the town, shopping, travelling, researching family trees, and the company of friends and family. I have a wheaten terrier, called Milly. She sometimes stays at the house or with my mother nearby.
I can get by in French and Italian, probably understanding more than I can actually speak it!
The places I have on my list to visit soon are Australia again, Fiji, Tuscany again to do a painting course, Denmark for the hygge! and feel the urge to do another island hopping trip out to the Western Hebrides again. I love it out there, just stunning!
I look forward to welcoming you to my home!