Nestled onto 10 private, peaceful acres, about 15 minutes from downtown Columbia and the University, close to restaurants, dining and family-friendly activities, that is if you want to leave the Pool and the quiet of the country. 9 beds, more possible. You'll love the kitchen, the high ceilings, the views, and the coziness. The in-ground pool is 25 x 50 feet so pretty large. Upon request and at no charge, we will stock wood for you for the fire pit and you can roast hot dogs, or make S'mores.
Our place is excellent for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, families (with kids), and big groups. We state that we can accommodate 16 (2) per bed but we can provide additional mattresses or air beds upon request. The home is large but has a very warm comfortable feel. It is not overly fancy, so relaxing will not be an issue. I have stocked it with some board games and several movies. There is WiFi and Direct TV. The pool is lovely and we continue making improvements so keep coming back and watch our progress. There is a very large fire pit. So get your camp fire stories ready. This home is set up exclusively as an Airbnb, and retreat, however we go as guests ourselves to enjoy it as well, so really there is not much of anything in the home you can not use. Our goal is that you will feel that you are staying at a well equipped vacation home, not awkwardly intruding on someone home. If its there and you want it, use it. I raised 4 children, nothing is sacred. We are only 15 minutes away if you need us, or a phone call away, but we want you to have all the privacy you can get. We will meet you upon arrival, to introduce you to the place. During pool season, we will come out about every other day or so to maintain the pool. (about a 30 min. visit in the morning, you may not even see us. I have lived in Columbia all my life, and am a Realtor so call me anytime for area advise. Or, call, if you think of something that would make staying there more enjoyable, or to mention something we've missed. We are very new to this so we are striving for making this your perfect destination, and to that end, we will take all the advice you can give. Our first guest just re booked so hopefully that's a good sign! 35 min to the state capitol, located less than 2 hours drive to KC or St. Louis, and a lovely drive to Missouri's Wine Country. Fall Foliage is awesome. Great rails to trail systems , and state parks for hiking and walking. Perfect for MU or show me state games.
You will have free rein of the house, and the 10 acres there is a closet in the garage that we keep a few things in, and a refrigerator in that closet that is also for the owners use. You do not have access to the outbuilding on the other 5 acres, but feel free to run around on all the land. There is approx 1 mile of trails winding through meadows and woods for your enjoyment. While the pool is open, we will have to come maintain it which is about a 30 minute process every couple of days. Other than that you will only see us at the house if you've asked to.
Interaction with guests
I live 15 minutes away but am always available by phone. within reason I am happy to bring you something or send someone to address any issue.
Other things to note
Bring your bathing suits and robes for the pool. We open the pool pretty early, and we will keep it open much later than a public pool would however the pool is not heated so swims before mid May or passed mid September will be pretty brisk! You may want to pack a sweater if you want to sit out in the evenings around the fire pit. We put an extra refrigerator in the garage for your use should you want to stock up and entertain while you're there. There are a few boardgames, and movie DVDs. The living room and lower level family room are fairly good sized. The house and exterior spaces would make for a great business retreat, or comfortable family adventure. The host, Susan Horak, is one of COLUMBIA's premier realtors and has extensive knowledge of the Columbia Missouri area, could help arrange for almost any special event or itinerary should you need it. Should you require daily housekeeping or a cook we can get you lined up with those services. If you're booking for a local event and would like shuttle services with a designated driver, for example to a football game, there are local services that arrangements could be made with. For any event to be held at the house, special permission must be arranged for in advance. Please remember that this is a private neighborhood, and that the peaceful enjoyment of the neighbors own properties must be respected at all times.
- The easiest way to disrupt an enjoyable stay is a plumbing problem. To prevent this, we kindly ask you to please place things like sanity napkins in the sanitary bin we’ve provided in the bathroom.
- Check-in is at 3pm, and check-out is by 11am. Arriving slightly earlier, or want that extra hour to sleep? Should be fine, but please check with us first.
- Whilst we do a thorough professional clean between each guest stay, we kindly ask that prior to leaving, you clean and put away any dishes or kitchenware used and put any dirty towels in the hamper. It helps us get through our cleaning process quicker and allows us to keep cleaning costs down for you and future guests.
- We understand that accidents happen. But we do ask that you please let us know when they do. Chances are we can fix them as effortlessly as possible which also means better chances of having your full security deposit returned too.
- Being a family home, we also have a no smoking policy (although you are welcome to smoke either out front or back).
- If you choose to smoke outside please pick up your cigarette buts and trow them away.
- What you do in your personal time is entirely up to you, but when staying at our place we have a strict no drug use policy. This is just the law… not so much one of our rules.
- To be considerate to the other residents in the neighborhood, we kindly ask to keep things on the quieter-side after 9pm.
- We ask that you kindly respect our maximum occupancy requirement. We have this in place instead of an additional guest charge in an attempt to keep costs down for you.
- We understand that for a whole verity of reasons, you may want additional guests to stay in the place. In the event that you want additional guests to stay, please contact us to let us know. We’re reasonable folk and will accommodate wherever possible.
- Have a pet? Should be no problem… but please ask us first. There is a pet fee.
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Mike and I (Susan) want your stay to be perfect. We want you to invent reasons to come back. We also want to have added a new feature or upgraded something that will add to
Your experience each time you