BrookSide is a refurbished 1950’s cape comfortably furnished and convenient. Watch the game in the living room, cozy up in one of 3 bedrooms, hang out in the sunny modern kitchen, play horseshoes outside, or get some writing done in the upstairs study. The deck, complete with wrought iron furniture and a grille (in the warm season), overlooks a small stream, the backyard, and large shady trees.
Expect come character! Brookside is an older home built in an era when rooms were on the smaller side. BrookSide is also exclusively for discriminating Air B&B guests (except for the owner's lower level apartment). The space is appointed with authentic antique maps of Virginia, new luxury bedding, mid-century modern furniture and hand knotted rugs from Persia and Afghanistan.
The main floor, a large deck, backyard and upstairs of the house will be yours. If you need help, laundry done, access to a printer, or use of a second bathroom, one of your hosts is just downstairs or nearby. The deck and the backyard are yours to enjoy as well. The front door is locked with a touch pad four digit combination lock making access easy, secure and convenient without the need for a key.
Interaction with guests
Your host, Claire Fisher, lives nearby and will touch base with you soon after you arrive. Her Dad, and owner, Tom, lives downstairs. Both are glad to help you get the most out of your visit to Charlottesville, but will also be respectful of your privacy.
Other things to note
BrookSide is just minutes from Mr. Jefferson's University, the "Lawn", Monticello, the famous Charlottesville downtown mall, and UVA hospital. Beyond UVA and Charlottesville, Wintergreen, Yogaville, the Blue Ridge Mountains, and Virginia wine and wedding country are all nearby and beckoning. Make BrookSide your home-base for exploring the heart of Virginia.
All of the electricity used at BrookSide is from renewable energy sources. Wind and Solar. How? Our power is “offset“ by renewable energy credits. More on that, our certification, and green building is in our “house book” on the coffee table and bookshelves. The house is energy efficient with new dual pane windows , floor to ceiling drapes and weatherization. BrookSide is also freshly painted with non-toxic “low VOC” paint. Our "brook" is also scheduled to be an urban stream restoration project.
As of April 8th, 2017 ALL holiday and local high-demand weekends reservations require a THREE night minimum stay.
- CHECK IN/OUT - Check in time is 12:00pm and check out is 2:00pm.
If you wish to change/alter your reservation dates, you must formally do so through the AirBnB website.
- As of April 2017 ALL holiday weekend reservations as well as UVA's graduation and move-in weekends require a THREE night minimum stay.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT - $200 is held on your CC to cover the home insurance in lieu of a deposit and will be used only in the event of violation of rules, missing items or damage.
- CLEANING FEE - A $90 cleaning/sanitizing fee will be assessed on all rentals of two days or more. Minimum stay is two nights.
- FURNISHINGS - Furniture, towels, bedding, mattress pads, pillows, pictures, utensils, appliances, TV, lighting and any other property supplied with the rental must remain at property. If you move furniture, please move it back to original location without damaging walls, doors, of the furniture itself.
- AMENITIES - Sheets, towels, a pack-n-play, bedding and basic toiletries are provided with the rental but are not changed during your stay, unless previous arrangements are made. Additional charges may apply. Please no hair dye allowed.
- THE HOUSE IS NOT HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE
- YARD - Please feel free to sit outdoors and enjoy our peaceful, fenced in yard.
- SMOKING - NO SMOKING in the House! Guests are welcome to smoke outside only. Make sure all butts are extinguished and disposed of properly, without littering. Fireworks are not permitted.
- OWNER – The property manager lives in the area and is on call as needed. The owner resides in the (completely separate) downstairs basement during the weekends. We ensure you will have complete privacy during your stay and the only difference during the weekends will be that any assistance you may need will be able to be given more quickly!
- OTHER IMPORTANT 'STUFF' - Although we are located near the University, this is NOT a party house. Entertaining a small number of friends and family is the exception. No drugs or excessive noise is permitted on the property.
- By paying for accommodations at ‘BrookSide’, you and your guest(s) are agreeing to our terms.
- INDEMNIFICATION and HOLD HARMLESS - Guest(s) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Owner for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense, whatsoever arising, from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guest(s) use and occupancy of the rental property, including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by Guest(s). The person booking the rental will be held responsible for all guest(s) in his/her party. If you want to invite short term visits from friends or family for any reason, you must have pre-approval from owner, and all house rules, indemnification, and hold harmless agreement will apply to anyone brought on property.
- Please inspect property upon check in, and report any problems immediately.
Long time 'Charlottesvillians', your hosts Claire Fisher and dad, architect Tom Fisher, make BrookSide a real family affair. Tom is a collector of mid-century furniture, antique maps of Virginia and hand knotted tribal rugs. Claire is Mom to five kids and wife of BrookSide’s maintenance manager, Chris Farrish. Claire is also a fitness buff and Tom has hiked most of the regional trails in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We are all about family, friends and the out-of-doors.