To get to Cheltenham Cottage, you go in through its private entrance, to the right of the central arches of the stables, and up a spiral staircase to an enormous warm and welcoming open-plan drawing-room/dining-room/kitchen.
The property has a master bedroom with four poster bed; washbasin in mirrored alcove, window seat with bird’s eye view of garden, as well as a twin room: One of the beds in toile de jouy lined alcove with matching curtains. There is a shared bathroom with power shower over bath. Downstairs is a huge open plan drawing room/dining room/kitchen with light flooding in from 6 windows. The kitchen has a butler’s sink, waste disposal unit, fridge freezer, microwave, hob and oven, pine dish rack, washing machine and tumble dryer. Cheltenham even has its own summerhouse and terrace with garden furniture and barbeque, at other end of walled garden lawn near children’s playground and spa.
The maximum occupancy is 5, with 4 in beds and space for one extra cot or camp bed (4+1). The camp beds can be used by adults should you wish, but they are not as luxurious as the fixed beds.
The welcome pack is included in the price and included the following (please note quantities vary per property):
• Unsliced loaf of whole wheat Huffkins bread
• Milk from Holmleigh dairy
• Butter from Holmleigh Dairy
• Cacklebean eggs
• Lemon drizzle cake from the Chipping Norton Tea Set
• Paddock Farm sausages
• Rashers of Paddock Farm bacon
• Godsell’s single Gloucester cheese
• Monopole champagne
• Jam from the Women’s Institute
• Cotswolds Rapeseed oil
• Assortment of both Kellogg’s and Dorset Cereals
All of our products are local, and should you have any special dietary requirements please let us know. We also supply basics like tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper, etc., as well as cleaning supplies.
We can arrange for your cottage to have the following (free of charge):
• welcome basket (always included)
• a floor baby bouncer
• a wooden cot or travel cot
• a wooden high chair (I would suggest a cushion for the babe’s bum)
• stair gates at the top and bottom of the stairs
• toy box (6 months to 5 years)
• nappy changing mat
• Phillip’s Avent bottle steriliser
• Toddler toilet seat
• baby monitors
• parent’s peace of mind kit which includes kiddie’s plates, cups and cutlery.
We also have an Avent bottle warmer and baby bath you can get from the office for your stay, and the pool is stocked with swim nappies.