My place is close to Palais Royal, Louvre, Tuileries gardens, rue Saint Honoré, Quartier Montorgueil, Galerie Vivienne, Pont des Arts, Place des Victoires, la Seine. You’ll love my place because of the coziness, the location, the quality furnishings and amenities, the comfy beds and fluffy towels, the proximity to monuments, shopping and so many food options at your doorstep, the convenient transportation hub. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, and business travelers.
This sophisticated flat in the heart of Paris' historic center, is off the Rue Saint Honoré, a block from the Louvre and Palais Royal, and a stone's throw from the animated Quartier Montorgueil and Pont des Arts footbridge which leads to the lively Left Bank. The central location means you can WALK in every direction without needing transportation, making the most of your time in the City of Light.
This spacious one-bedroom is 58m2/ 625sq ft. The fully equipped kitchen is open to the dining and living area, convivial to enjoying fresh croissants from the bakery downstairs or a home-cooked meal with fresh ingredients from the colorful marchés. The bedroom suite is spacious and has a private sitting area separate from the living room.
The building is a historical classified monument dating from 1715 with a double height porte cochère from the street. The flat is one floor up comfortably wide, flat stairs, more manageable than tiny one-person elevators or rickety narrow stairs which dominate Paris buildings.
SLEEPING arrangement and other amenities:
A pillow top king bed (160cm) awaits in a sleeping alcove off the bedroom, ensuring luxuriant sleep nestled in 100% cotton sateen or linen sheets and 100% anti-allergen goose down duvets and pillows (for all beds.)
The living room sofa converts in a single movement to a high quality queen bed (140cm). Or, for additional single guests, the ottoman converts to twin bed and can be rolled to the desired location.
The comfortable bedroom sitting area features two down-filled velours armchairs in which to relax while enjoying the entertainment options. Added amenities are USB plug outlets throughout the apartment, for adapter-free charging of all your devices (5 total). Free calling to local landlines and 100+ countries from the cordless phones let you stay in the know or keep in touch with friends and family.
The bathroom features a double sink, full-size soaking tub and separate spacious shower (rare in Paris), and a warming heater for the oversize bath towels. The toilet and clothes washer are separated by a door. Other amenities include a laundry line, steam iron, hairdryer and digital scale.
A "gardienne" lives on site, and there are two secured building entry doors before the apartment's 5-point entry, ensuring peace of mind (there is also a small hotel safe for valuables inside the apartment.)
Windows glazed with antique glass face the charming paved courtyard which offers total quiet despite the very lively neighborhood.
Innumerable cafes, bistros, wine bars, shopping, museums, churches in every direction, all within a five minute walk. Directly downstairs is a fabulous breakfast/brunch place, and across the street in the Galerie Vero-Dodat are the Christian Louboutin suite of showrooms (in fact the custom Louboutins are made in the building).
Interaction with guests
I am available 24/7 by messaging to respond to your questions and concerns about the property, about Paris and to tailor your visit to make it the best experience possible.
- Minimum age for booking is 24. Minimum age for occupancy is 15 years old. Minors under 21 included in the reservation may not occupy the premises unaccompanied by the registered adult.
- No smoking of any type of substance (no leaning out an open window to smoke.) Smoking not allowed in the courtyard (must smoke outside on street.)
- STRICTLY no animals of any kind, including emotional support animals and guide-dogs. If you must bring a small reptile, that should be ok but please notify me first. If you are spending your time in Paris around horses (jumping, riding, showing, training, grooming etc) please let me know as I am also highly allergic to residual horse hair on clothes and equipment. (Cows also, in case you are here for the Salon de l"Agriculture.)
- This historic building is mostly owners and we all appreciate the absolute quiet of the building despite the lively neighborhood scene. This property is ideally suited as a quiet retreat after a long day out and about in Paris. If you have a tendancy towards loud music or have difficulty controlling voice levels, please consider another property. Absolutely no outside guests allowed on property.
- Please be considerate enough to treat my home with care, including keeping feet off the furniture, removing soiled shoes, keeping suitcases on the floor and not on the beds or furniture. Please also take equal care to enjoy the porcelain ware and crystal glassware provided for your dining pleasure. If you are uncomfortable with members in your party taking the necessary care to prevent breakage, please consider another property. Kitchen staples are kept for convenience but not restocked (please replace what you use as a courtesy to the next guest.)
I was raised in sunny California in a Shanghainese family, but culturally exposed to France from an impressionable age and feel at home on three continents. Lucky for me, multi-culturalism is finally being embraced as the way of the future!
I love experiencing how cities and cultures develop and evolve over the years, some changing completely, some rooted in their history. I find solace in nature, from snowy peaks to the edge of the reef, from tropical jungles to the arid desert.
I find common ground with open-minded people who appreciate different perspectives and can put themselves in other people's shoes. Disappointment springs from preconceived expectations (and not reading the fine print.)
As a guest (and designer), I am respectful of the effort hosts have put into the spaces they share, and leave things clean and tidy as if it were my own home. As a host, I expect this same mindfulness from guests.