Open concept 1700 sq. ft. home with 3 private bedrooms (incl. loft) plus a sunroom (extra room with futon and sliding barn door for privacy), 2 queen sofa beds (main living room & basement), 2 full washrooms, a/c, cozy backyard w/ gas BBQ, high speed WIFI, etc. Steps away from public transit, local amenities, cool shops, restaurants, trail ravine and within walking distance to beaches. On-street parking can be coordinated.
* The house can accommodate up to 10 people, but I would not recommend 10 adults as it will be cramped. Best suited for 6-8 adults with the remainder being children.
Historical home fully renovated into a modern and open concept space with 10' ceilings. The space is warm, comfortable, very clean, safe and features the following:
- 3 separate private rooms (2 bedrooms + loft) with new & very comfortable queen mattresses with soft hotel style sheets, hypo-allergenic synthetic high end quality duvets and duvet covers, a selection of pillows, mattress protectors, unemcumbered space in closets for clothing and hotel style luggage holders;
- Sunroom can be used as a 4th private bedroom: it has a very comfortable futon bed with a sliding barn door off the kitchen;
- 2 full washrooms with white hotel style towels, toiletries, hand soap and hair dryers;
- open concept kitchen & living room great for a close family atmosphere, stainless steel appliances, gas stove, large island with 4 stools & additional counter space along wall;
- living room has a console that converts to kitchen table (with extra chairs), queen size extra comfortable sofa bed with new mattress;
- basement Movie/TV family room with the same queen sofa bed as in the living room, 40" TV with cable channels, netflix, apple tv, xbox and books etc.;
- loft bedroom with retractable wooden stairs and 1 queen size mattress bed.
- quaint & cozy backyard with lots of seating space perfect for a family BBQ;
- central heating & air conditioning.
The house includes the following extras:
- guest information booklet which includes a home "user guide" , local amenities, the best spots in the Beach area and Toronto main attractions (including the top 10 voted by previous guests);
- guest supplies for any forgotten essentials;
- Herb pot in backyard for those who enjoy using fresh herbs in their cooking;
- City Books on Toronto and Niagara Falls for individuals that want more information on certain attractions;
- coffee /tea (coffee machine, espresso machine & bodum);
- please enquire ahead of time for baby amenities: baby crib, baby highchair, etc.;
- iron and ironing board.
Interaction with guests
I may be available to give you a personal tour of the house if you are interested, otherwise you will self check-in. Regardless, I am easily reachable by phone.
Other things to note
- Parking: should you require parking, please advised at booking at as temporary parking permit can be arranged a minimal cost;
- All guests must be added (names & emails) to the reservation prior to me accepting the booking. This will ensure all guests staying at the house will receive an email from Airbnb with all the pertinent booking information including the address, house details including access instructions, house rules, etc.;
- Laundry facilities are only provided for guests who book longer stays (7nights+);
- A security camera has been installed outside the entrance of my home for your and my security.
1. Third Party Visitors: The house is intended for the use of the registered guests only. Under no circumstances shall unregistered guests enter the house or stay overnight.
2. No events or parties: No events are parties under any circumstances. Zero tolerance policy on this rule.
3. Noise Level: Please respect my neighbhours and keep the noise at an appropriate level at all times and significantly reduced after 11pm.
4. House Door Code: Under no circumstances, shall the digital door code be provided to any non-registered guests.
5. Shoes: Please remove and leave your shoes at the entrance of the house. This includes high heels and any other type of shoes (unless only specifically worn inside) as they damage the hardwood floors.
a. carry (not roll) your luggage inside the house.
b. use luggage holders provided in each bedroom. Do not put any luggage on the bed as it will highly likely soil or stain the white duvet covers.
7. Smoking: Permissible outside in the backyard. No smoking inside the house. Cigarette butts shall not be discarded anywhere on the property and ashtrays must be used at all times (located in the kitchen cupboards).
8. Candles: The use of candles is strictly forbidden. Instead, you can use the LED flameless candles provided.
9. Doors and Windows: All doors should remain closed and locked (front, back and basement) whether inside the house or when leaving.
10. Pets: Please put your pet in his/her kennel/cage prior to leaving the house without them.
11. Lights: All lights should all be turned off when leaving the house for any period of time.
a. BBQ gas valve should always be “off” when not in use (see Home Guide user details).
b. Patio cushions are to be brought back inside each night after using due avoid them getting wet and stained.
13. Stained Sheets/ Towels, etc.:
a. a replacement fee ($15 per bath towel, $40 per sheet set, $60 duvet cover, etc. $5 face cloths, $10 hand cloth) will be charged for all stained items.
b. Moist cloths are provided for makeup removal and are located in the washroom upstairs. The towels and face cloths are not meant to be used as makeup removers.
14. Broken, Not Working or Missing Items:
a. If something breaks, isn’t working properly or simply missing, please let me know so that I can address the issue.
b. If you break something, please let me know. I understand that accidents happen but I also don’t like finding out (after the fact) that guests have broken something and have not advised me.
Please treat my home with the same attention and care as you would with yours and leave it in which you found it. Most of these house rules are common sense, albeit needed to be properly stated since there has been some guest confusion in the past.
I have a zero tolerance policy. Should these rules not be respected by any of the guests, I reserve the right to instantly cancel the reservation, request all guests to leave my home immediately and apply a minimum nuisance fee of $250 to the total cost of the reservation.
To be noted that subletting the property is strictly prohibited and punishable by law.
I shall not be held liable in any circumstance for the following incurred by guests in relation to the Airbnb house rental:
• items lost, stolen or left behind
• losses incurred during your stay
• claims, causes of action and/or demands including personal injuries
• costs and expenses incurred by guests as a direct result of their stay
Check- in time: 4pm
Check-out time: 10am
- Accommodation for early check-in / late check-out must be requested in advance of your stay in order for me to coordinate (if possible).
- The front door has a digital keyless entry which allows for self-check-in.
To open door:
1 - First press the "SCHLAGE" button at the top of the keypad which will illuminate keypad.
2 - Second, enter the 4 digit code (last 4 digits of your phone number used on Airbnb). A green check mark will appear which indicates that the code worked (and you will also hear the deadbolt turn). The deadbolt will then unlock and you can enter the house.
To lock door:
- Once inside, turn the deadbolt to lock the door.
- When Leaving, press the "Schlage" button.
All of these items must be completed prior to leaving:
• Please remove all used bed linens and put in a pile together in basement.
• All garbage and recycling are to be put in the appropriate bins located outside in the wooden box. No garbage or recycling should be left inside the house.
• All used towels to be put in the shower upstairs and/or tub downstairs. If any of the towels were stained (i.e. makeup), please advise as a replacement fee is applicable.
• Please return all displaced items and/or furniture to their original location. If you used any duvets or pillows from closet upstairs, please put them back into their respective packaging and location.
• All lights must be turned off.
• Double check that all doors (front & back) are locked prior to leaving.
Bonjour and thank you for your interest in my home! Whether you are interested in staying in the heart of Leslieville or in the Beaches, one of my homes listed will hopefully meet your needs.
I absolutely love meeting new people whether through business dealings, Airbnb guests/hosts or by treading the path of locals when traveling. I very much enjoy spending a night around the table with family & friends with a nice glass of wine, a charcuterie board and lovely music playing in the background. I try to live every day to the fullest and to treat others as I would like to be treated - good for me, good for them, good for all!
I hope to see you soon!