About this listing
Our quaint studio apartment is located on the Tule River. Wake up to the sounds of the rushing water. One bedroom studio apartment sleeps 2 comfortably. Small kitchenette allows you to whip up some eggs for breakfast or grill steak on the BBQ. Located in the Sequoia National Forest, just minutes from the fifth largest redwood tree!
The studio apartment has a main room with a dining table and TV. Adjacent to the main room is a small kitchenette. A separate bathroom is off the kitchenette. The studio is attached to the main house and accessed by way of the back deck.
Guests will guide the interaction with the hosts who live on premises. There is a pool, jacuzzi, and sauna available for guest use. There is a small propane fire pit located on the deck overlooking the river.
Interaction with guests
We like to be home to greet our guests upon arrival. We will show you around the place so you can make yourselves at home. We will answer any questions, give direction to local trails, and even chat for a while if that's what you want.
Other things to note
We ask that you treat our home as if it was yours. Please conserve water as we are in a severe drought. Please don't use the heaters and A/C with the doors and windows open, electricity is quite expensive. Please turn off the lights and heaters/AC when you are not in the apartment. Quiet hours 10:00 PM - 8:00 AM
- The Hideaway on the Tule River is located adjacent to our home. We expect our guests to treat it as they would their own home. We are here to assist in making your stay as enjoyable as possible.
- Please make sure to run heaters and AC only with doors and windows closed and make sure they are turned off when you leave the apartment.
- Please wash your dishes and leave them in the sink to dry - we will put them away. You don't have to strip the beds, we will do that.
- We are on a septic tank. Please place your toilet paper in the trash can located next to the toilet. We will empty it everyday during your stay.
- Coffee is provided for the small coffee pot as well as a tea kettle. We ask that you only put water in the tea kettle (tea drinkers will appreciate that).
- Please use the pool towels provided for the pool area. Don't take the bath towels into the sauna or pool area. Pool towels are located in the cupboard next to the bed. No glass containers allowed in the pool area. Please be sure to close the lid of the jacuzzi when finished.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 136 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Doug retired from teaching in June 2015. Doug is in a perfect spot to welcome guests no matter what time they arrive. We love our home on the river and want to share it with others. We are very flexible in our house rules - treat it like your own home!