Wake up like a TRUE New Yorker!
Guaranteed BEST VALUE EXPERIENCE in NYC.
Get the best of both worlds!
Have the quite peaceful chill neighborhood street that turns into the nature adventure and city nightlife as soon as you turn the corner!
Take the train to Times Square, Walk along the river to see the George W. Bridge, Feel the nature from the local parks and set your eyes on the famous Cloister's Museum!
You’ll love the people, the ambiance, the outdoors and the neighborhood!
Get the best of both worlds! Have the quite peaceful chill neighborhood street that turns into the nature adventure and city nightlife as soon as you turn the corner!
Perfect CLEAN place to sleep in and crash (not spotless clean but older building clean which means it has character :-D). Nice and dark room at night to get into deep deep sleep and wake up like never before.
Keep in mind it IS private room in a two bedroom apartment with young entrepreneurial adults living here so there will be sometimes the using of the shower and maybe light traveling between the kitchen and the bathroom. Sometimes we may have music or a movie going on in our rooms as well. However everything is pretty much contained within our own private rooms and everyone is very considerate. Usually it is quiet unless on weekends where we stay up late. If you are a very light sleeper then maybe let us know so we can address some quiet hours or so.
It is not in time square. Fortunately we are right next to some of the fastest trains that will take you to the heart (tourist part) of the city in no time (takes 20-30 mins). The area is known for the awesome parks, restaurants, river, and family oriented culture.
The TV, wooden floors, the AC for the summer, The warm inviting feel, the open windows, the open hallway, the leather couch, the brightly colored walls, the seriously homie bathroom and the kitchen that just loves to be used. What is there not to like?! :-D
THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR:
- in winter time heater makes hissing steam sound since it is steam powered. May be noisy for those not used to it. This is common in NYC
- There are multiple people living in this place and so normal roommate living habits should be expected. Everyone is usually nice though as long as you are :-D
- This is an older building in NYC, therefore do not expect a modern impecable look. Instead expect one with character and use ;-D
- We virtually have no pests. However Please help us stay clean by not leaving food out and keeping your area clean. as much as we clean, this is an older building and because of the nature of NYC we ask all our guests to be as proactive as possible. This will prevent any pest from ever finding its way into our place from neighboring apartment.
- Message me pass phrase “Bonus points are the best” once read.
- this street is very quiet for NYC standards but sometimes there are sirens and honking of horns coming from outside, this is normal in NYC because of all the traffic but it is something to consider.
-Turn off lights, electronics and air conditioner when you are not home or using it.
- This is 25-35 minutes away from times square via Subway train.
Other than that area is SAFE, NEAT, And WONDERFUL!
Also make sure to read "house rules" and "other things to note" sections.
Guests have access to the living room with the TV and dining table. Extra mattress is available but may need to put back every time you finish use. The lovely kitchen is usable to cook your own things and store your food in the fridge. Just be sure to clean up after yourself and leave no over night dishes. The bathroom is available for your use to take a nice warm shower or wake your self up with an icy or warm bath.
Interaction with guests
I reside in the home so you will see me daily and as often as you may need however I do many activities outside the home so I might be out until night time. But I'd be happy to show guests around NYC and provide some knowledge I've acquired on the geography over the years.
I work with a group of entrepreneurs that help people create new streams of income and/ or help people get services they already use for free like cellphone service with the top companies. Let me know if you would like to hear more
Other things to note
If you are a tourist and need a plan or are someone who is looking for better phone service then be sure to ask me how to get that. I provide cellphone service with the top companies at very affordable rates and sometimes free if you qualify :-D
Inwood park is one of my favorite places to go and exercise with its wonderful trails that make you feel like you are on an adventure. The Hudson River is right by and wonderful to view. Famous restaurants like Mamajuna and La marina are around where Jay-Z,Beyoncé, fabulous, and other known artists are known to frequent.
NY visit as tourist and to enjoy the local stuff in our apt area.
here is the list of places to visit in New York recommended by me (as a first time tourist)
1. South ferry (Sl) take 1train
2. Wall Street walk to freedom tower
3. Brooklyn bridge
4. Walk along the edge of the river (then go back)
5. Take train to 14 Street to Union square park
6. Washington sq park
7. High line
8. (Optional NJ new York skyline)
9. Penn station (not very impt) but can walk to empire state building (then go to grand central)
10. Bryan park
11. Rockafeller centre or streets of time square
12. Then times square
13. Colombus circle
14. Starting central park
15. Lincon square (check out the area)
- Inwood Bar & grill: sports bar and great food (Mac & cheese and dips)
- Fort Tryon Public: great Irish pub with the feel of downtown NYC. pop, hip pop, chill vibe and good beer.
- la Marina: it's right on the pier next to the Hudson River overlooking the George Washington bridge. Beautiful view and great bar section.
-Tryon Public - Downtown bar feel (Irish, )
- papasitos - If you want a more hip-hop, Latin, social dance vibe.
- Super Markets/discount store/pizza all around the apartment as soon as you come out.
- Piper's Kilt: the best burgers in NY period!
- Tony's pizza: one of the best pizzas in New York.
- Starbucks: exactly what to expect
- Beans & Vine: Cozy cafe with wonderful food and great to just chill and definitely try out their Yuca Fries.
- Papasitos: Mexican style restaurant bar and turns into a dance hall at night where Latin dance and American hip-hop combine..
- Mama Sushi: Dominican (Caribbean Latino)style sushi.
- Mamajuana: Dominican/Latino style food Great location on a active strip. Food is good, bar is wonderful and turns into a lounge at night where Latin dance and American hip-hop combine.
- La Marina: very popular Restaurant on the pier/shore line of the river. Many celebrities visit. Great seafood, great bar and lounge at night where Latin dance and American hip-hop combine.
- Cachapas Y Mas: Venezuelian fast food. Recommended to try out the "Patacon" with your choice of meat.
- John's Fried Chicken: Dominican Style Fried chicken. Some of the tastiest fried chicken in New York.
- La Marina: stated above
- Mamajuana: stated above
- Papasitos: stated above
- Don Coqui: Dance, Hookah, Drinks, Food,and people. where Latin dance and American hip-hop combine.
- 809: Dance, Hookah, Drinks, Food,and people. where Latin dance and American hip-hop combine.
- Caña y Cafe: classy bar and dance place.
4. Parks/sight seeing
- La marina Pier: Lovely view of the Washington Bridge and the Hudson River and a nice sky line view of New Jersey.
- Inwood park: Beautiful view of the Hudson River, great paths to run. Awesome park for pets, Biking, friends and all physical activities. Includes basketball courts, Tennis Courts, Playgrounds, Dog Playgrounds, Handball courts, Soccer/football Field, and workout areas.
- Farmers market: fresh organic foods on Saturdays on Isham And Seaman Ave.
You can buy any of adapters from amazon if you are traveling from out of the country
- read the listings description carefully.
- Clean up after yourselves (no dirty dishes, clean of water from faucet, clean hair from drain, make bed after use, no open containers of food, ask before taking something from common area.
- Overnight guest not allowed w/o consent
- Livingroom space is used for other guests mainly so be conscience of space
- Everything else should be fine be courteous and treat the place like your own
-Also floor cleaning robot usually runs sundays and every other day so please keep small items, lose clothing and lose wires away from floor so that the robot does not get tangled. If it does happen just remove the tangled object and press the "auto" boton on the top of the robot to resume its cleaning. Thank you :-D
- No Unauthorized guests
- Losing or misplacing keys
- Don't use address for mail or anything other than locating place. Mail is private. If it is for emergency then let me know before hand. And always make sure there's no repetitive mail coming in.
- Have fun!
Don't have to proceed after this just for details.
Main things to pay attention to: (look over the bottom of the page for further details):
- Follow rules as much as possible. It allows for further hosting and to also keep prices affordable because expenses are kept low. If we are all on the page from the beginning then we can move forward that much easier and have a great time! :-D
- Read descriptions before asking questions that may be answered there. Usually that is the case.
- Be conscience that there are other people living in the other room or apt so treat us/them with respect and expect normal roommate living situations like guests, family, use of common area, lifestyle habits, and good communication. Most things will be kept to everyone's private area though.
- Once booked, you are officially my guest/Roomate. So welcome to the family! But do note that I travel a lot and so I am not always around and I may have guests or family/friends with me or w/o me sometimes in the other room so just be conscious of them and treat them as awesome as possible.
- if someone knocks on door as of now, just don't open or let them know that I am away (if I am not around). If they ask,let them know you are just a friend visiting. From time to time my super or neighbor may be looking for me from time to time but I'd rather speak to them myself and keep everything private, you know. Please be discrete and don't let doors slam.
- Clean after yourself with a mother's eye :-) (kitchen, stove top, counters, tub, drain, water, stuff, etc). Trash should be thrown out as much as possible along with recycling. There should be no overnight dishes please (Wash right away or use disposable utensils instead). Fold your linen & make your bed. Wipe down areas of use including water on sink counter and pick up any hair or debris left on floor or bath drain.
- As much as we clean, this is an older building and it's normal and also possible to have some form of pests (i.e. ants, roaches, mice, etc). Usually we don't have problem with this but sometimes they can come in from neighboring apartments or if someone leaves food out. Just notify me and the bug spray should be within the kitchen cabinets or on top of fridge. Also the exterminator comes every month, please let them in if they knock. By helping us stay clean during your stay this issue is greatly minimized and it's more likely not to see ANY :-D. If you are uncomfortable with this, I think a different more modern listing would be better for you or just consult with me and ill gladly help.
- Cleaning fee only covers laundry for the linen and supplies, please still remain conscience of overall cleanliness and don't expect a cleaning person as prices have been made affordable so long as the guest can maintain the place well.
- read the garbage disposal details at the bottom to find out where to get rid of your trash when done.
- Conserve energy as much as possible. Don't leave the fridge open too long, the AC shouldn't be turned on all night especially with windows open (normally cools in an hour), water shouldn't be left running unused, unplug items not in use, turn off lights not in use, etc.
- Building has surveillance so please treat it with care and clean up after yourself. Don't slam doors and respect the neighbors.
- I work every day on weekends and therefore I need the bathroom usually available from 7:30-8:30am so I can get prepared. Using it before or after is fine.
- if you are bringing guests it would be best to let me know ahead of time. Make sure they follow the same rules and if they are overnight guests they should be included when asking for the listing. There is a limit to how many people can stay and everyone should be accounted for, so please be considerate. Don't share keys with anyone as those are not easily replaced and it's best to keep them safe from people we don't know.
- Sometimes there are paper and notices on the door of the. Holding entrance or apartment. These contain very valuable information as to what's happening in the building. Sometimes they state whether there are some repairs going on or water will be shut off. Please read these and let me know that they are happening so I am aware invade I didn't see them myself and for you to be aware as well.
- Please do not bring any drugs or have marijuana on you when you come in. Especially the marijuana smell since this bothers me and roommates. Please either do this on your spare time outdoors and clean up afterward before entering home.
- No smoking indoors
- No pets or unauthorized guests (ask first)
- Guest are responsible for their area, damages and loss of items. Notify immediately if there is something that needs attention or an emergency.
- Towel, bed sheet, bed cover, pillow, toilet paper, shampoo are provided but bring your own in case.
- More than likely you will self check in, unless we can specifically do so. read below for instructions.
- There are fees for early/late check ins and to leave luggage. Just read below.
- There is a cancelation policy so make sure you book properly.
- Ask about our other services like cell phone and anything related to real estate.
- Have fun and proceed with the following if you need further details!
- since mail is a private issue, use of this address for mail is prohibited unless it's an emergency or important. Just speak to me about it.
- Have fun and proceed with the following if you need further details!
- look at the services at bottom for special SERVICES!
- message me pass phrase “Bonus points are the best” once read.
- visit Kdnjimenez com/media
********************************************************************** ONLY READ FOR DETAIL BELOW. NOT NECESARY.****************
Make sure to read the other description and the bottom of the page to have all your questions answered and learn more about the affordable cellphone services we offer and more.
Keep in mind it IS a Private room and I or roommate or guests will be in the living room. We live fairly active lifestyles. So there may be some traveling between the kitchen/bathroom, TV playing in room, and other activities especially on weekend nights. Be mindful of our space as well. Please let us know if something is too loud or you have a concern. We care about how you feel as well. We firmly believe prevention is better than curing :-D
Garbage is taken outside. There's a gate on the right side of the building entrance that gives access to the superintendent and the garbage. When you go in you should immediately see the garbage bins. It's preferred to throw away the garbage in early morning or at night. Recyclables (glass, plastic, metal) is thrown out in blue bag bins , card board goes in the clear bag bind and everything else in the black bag bins.
No smoking indoors but feel free to use the fire escape or do it outside. Gently close the front door so it doesn't slam. If anything is broken notify me or if you cause some damages please try to replace it or let me know.
This building is surveillanced and any damages or issues that happen in the hallways will be reported to us by the super so please replace r clean up anything left behind in building premise. Also make sure the doors aren't slammed hard. They will have video footage if anything is reported so please just respect the neighbors and the building.
Clean up after yourself please and don't let things pile up. That means no overnight dishes, no hair or suds left behind in tub, pick up hair left behind in drain, make sure to clean any hair or residue left behind when using brush or drying hair, wipe the mirror after brushing teeth, clean off the water after using faucet, use foam dishes and cups, don't use kitchen sink or plates as a bathroom for brushing teeth or other toiletry, Clean the stove top or oven thoroughly after use (there is always grease and food left behind after use), etc. be conscious of foul smell like food and even maybe a garment on your body. Just be considerate of what you're leaving behind.
We virtually have no pests and don't want any, so make sure to not leave food or lightly packaged food outside on table or anywhere that is not a fridge or packed in a hard container. We DO live in NYC and it has the potential to attract pests that we don't want like mice and roaches. So please help us keep the place clean as well by putting food (bread, open containers, etc) in the fridge or in a hard container.
- Message me pass phrase “Bonus points are the best” once read.
There is a personal garbage bin next to the beds and so all your trash may go there. Make sure to recycle (bottles, glass, plastic, and metals go in a separate bag) and when you are done with your stay, be sure to take it with you or throw out the trash in the basement which you will have access to right outside the building entrance and first gate on your right. That is where all trash ultimately goes.
When in the summer you may use the fan or keep the windows open. This listing doesn't include AC but I am working towards that. However the AC may be installed very soon and I just ask that you be very considerate of the energy consumption and environment. This will help keep costs down and ultimately keep listing prices down.
Ask me before bringing extra guests and make sure they aren't reckless. Enjoy everything and make it feel like it's your home. Just be sure to respect the neighbors and get no complaints.
Let me know what times you want to check in and out. I usually prefer after 5pm on weekdays and before 8pm on weekends to check in. To check out its best to do so by 10am-12pm (10:00-12:00). If you have a different time just let me know and I can arrange someone to help you. I'm usually flexible with times. You just have to try and hold up to your times since I will be waiting to give you the keys.
In the case that you are late to arrival or I am unable to receive you then you can do self check in. But always check with us first.
The Buildings number is 1319 but when you search it on (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) maps it will be listed as 19. It is an issue with the city and landlord. I am not too sure why it is not the same.
At the building entrance just wait until someone opens the building Door which happens about every 5-10 mins. And then go to the right side of building where you will find the apartment and use lockbox code on the lock box hanging from the door knob.
Ask for the lockbox code when accepted. Use the code to get the key from inside the box. Line up the numbers on the side of lock where indicated.
To open the door, insert the key into the keyhole and turn the key all the way to the left (counter clockwise). While holding it in that position push the door open. Once the door is open you can rotate the key back into the normal position and take it out of the keyhole.
Once you are in, just put the key back into the lockbox and put the lockbox back on the doorknob.
To put the lockbox back on the doorknob, keep the proper PASSCODE on, close it, around the door knob and then switch the numbers.
Your actual keys to walk around with, will be on the room table basket or shelf or hanging from the side of the window off a nail :-D
If you come after 11pm. Make sure to call more than three times consecutively or ring doorbell. so someone can let you in since it's harder to self check in at that time. After that time people are less frequent to open and calls may not be heard since people are sleeping. My phone is on "do not disturb" after 11pm and before 7am. You have to call me more than 2 times consecutively within 2 mins in order for it to go through. It will always go straight to voicemail unless you call more than 2 consecutively
If anyone asks where I am tell them I left for the day and will be back later or that you are a friend temporarily visiting. All I ask is that you respect the home and everything should be fine :-D . If you liked your stay leave a 5 star review!
Make sure to read description and "getting around" section for information. Usually that'll answer most of your questions.
Guest takes responsibility for any issues or damages in their area unless a very sound reason can be provided. If anything happens you should notify us immediately.
Early check in would be $10/person more as long as previous guests are not there.
To leave Luggage before or after stay would be $10 per day/night since it occupies space. To leave it for a short time after stay(max 2 hours) it can be done if it is convenient for us and following guest.
There is keys that we distribute to our guests. If you happen to lose the keys then it'll take several days to get another copy because it has to go through the building and they charge us $30 plus the small key so $40 in total would be your fee if you lose them. This is inconvenient so please don't lose them and keep them safe.
Remember to ask about the affordable cellphone services. Hopefully I can help you out. Just ask :-D
I am very open to the world and friendly to strangers I wear my best colors towards people because I know that brings out the best in them. I like to travel, try new things and make life as exciting as I can. I also like to indulge in deep meaningful conversations but im also great at small talk haha. Anyways I like to think i always find the best in people even those that are harder to find. :-D
A conversation with me will feel like we've known each other for a lifetime.