Just a short drive to both UCSB and downtown Santa Barbara. You’ll love my place because of the ambiance and its central location. Great for solo adventurers and business travelers looking for a peaceful place to overnight in Santa Barbara.
Located in a central suburban neighborhood at the base of the foothills across from a park and close to hiking trails and an extensive bike path system.
4 bedroom 3 bath home shared by 2 people.
Room offered has a private bathroom located 3 steps across the hallway. The hallway also serves the master bedroom which has its own bath.
Accommodations include a 6' single bed with a trundle bed (if needed for a 2nd person), an easy chair for relaxing or watching TV, a dresser w/ mirror, and a table/desk/chair space (3'x2.5'). Includes WiFi, basic cable TV, and a laptop if you need one.
The window from this small bedroom looks out to the front yard with two mature canopy trees that are mesmerizing on a breezy day.
Visitors are welcome to relax in one of the 3 furnished outside patio areas. Sun, Shade or in between these areas are wonderful to relax in but like the house, they are Non-smoking areas
Interaction with guests
I will likely be around but if not, I am available by phone or text.
Other things to note
The trundle bed does not connect to the other twin so if you are a couple this will be an Ozzie and Harriett situation...or you will be very cozy in a single bed together. ;-)
It is required that you read and agree to the Host House Rules prior to a confirmed booking.
1. Approval requires a COMPLETE Airbnb profile, a photo, including your face, of all guests staying here, the first and last name of EVERY guest, Govt ID uploaded to your account.
2. SMOKE FREE HOME. All guests must be NON Smokers only. Also, no chewing tobacco, e-cigs, vaping, etc. Inside or Out, smoking is not allowed.
3. NO VISITORS to home other than registered guests.
4. Any DAMAGE, extra cleaning, and/or losses to our home, room, bathroom, furniture, appliances, linens, towels, binoculars, books, décor, accessories, etc, will be the financial responsibility of the booked guest through their Airbnb security deposit.
5. NO raising of voices, arguing, vulgar language, or downloading illegal content in our home.
6. QUIET TIME is between 10pm and 8am. Come and go when you like but respect the quiet time at home.
7. Please refrain from using any candles, incense or essential oils, perfume, aftershave or cologne.
8. During your stay, we are not responsible for illness, injury, theft, or accidents.
9. Clear and concise COMMUNICATION with your ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE times is important. Please be sure to let us know at least 1 DAY IN ADVANCE the exact time you will be arriving so we may greet you at CHECK IN and introduce you to our 2 sweet dogs. If there is no other guest coming in that day, LATE CHECK OUT is possible for those with late departures up to 5pm at half day rate.
Hi All, I grew up in Santa Barbara and have lived here most of my life. I discovered Airbnb on a trip to Norway and now I am hooked. Looking forward to returning the favor and sharing my town with others who love to travel like I do. I also love to garden, especially with natives and succulents which grow easily here. I am also a golfer and avid bowler, the latter of which people I meet find surprising....hmmm....why IS that? ;-) Look forward to meeting you!