Calm oasis centrally located in prestigious Parnell. 5 minute taxi (or bus) into the city, or stay local with a short walk to Parnell with its swag of restaurants, bars and shops. Parnell Saltwater Pools, Judges Bay Beach and The Rose Gardens are just around the corner and if that's not enough, La Cigale weekend french markets also just a stroll away. Generous relaxed home, quiet and private. The home is a four bedroom home, perfect for families (with kids) or couples wanting space to relax.
Freestanding Townhouse with a generous upstairs 'parents retreat' incorporating a very large bedroom (king bed) with views, walk in wardrobe and large ensuite bathroom (incl bath). Downstairs is living area, kitchen, laundry, north facing terrace and three bedrooms. One of the bedrooms was originally designed as 'nanny quarters' so is exceptionally generous, incorporating a kitchenette, a separate back entry and an ensuite. The other two downstairs bedrooms have single beds in them and share a bathroom off the same hallway.
Please note: the grass at the back unfortunately isn't in good shape due to long term tenants staying in property previously (being resolved).
Whole house except for locked study. Garage is unavailable for use until mid May
Interaction with guests
I'm available via email, TXT or phone calls.
Other things to note
There is unlimited wifi internet and free to air TV but cable TV and a telephone 'landline' is not available. The downstairs bedrooms have 'blackout' style curtains but the upstairs master bedroom has a lot of windows (see the pictures) and is designed to enjoy the night 'scape' with minimal blinds/curtains so diffused light comes in early in the morning (not sun in your face!). It's private upstairs and we have always enjoyed, but if you like to have zero light in the mornings you may like to consider using the downstairs bedroom or perhaps another property.
There are steps up to the front door and again up to the Master Bedroom so unfortunately the house is not suitable for people with disabilities that require wheelchair access or similar.
- No functions or parties sorry!
- Shared driveway so please only 1 car in front of our garage (as otherwise blocks neighbours access)
- absolutely no smoking or animals allowed in the house (owner is highly allergic!)
- please be aware there are steps to the front door + the Master Bedroom which would make the house unsuitable if navigating steps are an issue.
- residential area so quiet time after 10pm weekdays please.
- when checking out please ensure any dirty dishes put into dishwasher, fridge emptied out, rubbish is put in external rubbish bins on the left of our garage, personal belongings aren't left behind and all windows closed and doors locked.
- rubbish bins go out on curb on a Monday night.
New Zealander, living in Sydney, married to a terrific Kiwi who shares my love of travel, family, and sense of humour. We have four children between us ageing from 13 to 34 who join us in our travels as often as possible but sometimes we manage to sneak off by ourselves. We are relaxed guests, experienced travellers and no physical disabilities. We rentout our property in New Zealand so are very respectful of other property, as we would hope people would be with ours.