Beautiful and well-lit lower level apartment in Twin Lakes home in Boulder. Close to Avery brewery, LOBO & bike trails to Boulder. Major remodel in recent years; everything super up-to-date. 900 square feet total. New maple floors in living room, kitchenette and small side room that can be made into an office, dining room or additional bedroom, with new carpet in the master bedroom. Full bathroom off the master bedroom. Guests share common entrance with owner who lives upstairs.
I love my home. I work from home and rent out my beautifully finished basement apartment. My home is my sanctuary, work and play space and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I see clients out of my home as a relationship counselor.
Guests will come in a shared front door, and then head downstairs to a separately enclosed basement apartment. Please remove your shoes and leave them in the front closet to keep the space clean.
Interaction with guests
I work from home so I'm home a lot. If I'm not with a client, I'm happy to point you to local restaurants and other cool places to check out. You can always text me with any questions.
Other things to note
This beautiful apartment is 900 square feet with a door to close it off from the rest of the house. In the apartment, there is a master bedroom suite attached to the full bathroom (with shower/tub and washer and dryer). The master bedroom has a brand new queen-sized bed and closet.
There is an additional area/space/room connected to the living room that can be made into an office, dining room, reading nook or additional bedroom with a delux queen air mattress. This is why I have it listed as 1.5 bedrooms, because of this extra room that has 3 walls with the fourth one opening up into the living room area.
The kitchenette is off of the living room and has a full-sized fridge, dishes and utensils, electric water kettle to make tea or coffee, French press-style coffee maker, coffee bean grinder, a microwave, toaster/mini convection oven, and a blender.
Please note that the TV does not have cable or local channels but it does have Netflix, Amazon and Vudu to stream movies and you can connect your laptop to the TV.
The only laundry facility in the house is located in the bathroom of this apartment, so if you stay for many days, I may need to coordinate times with you that I can come and use the laundry. You are welcome to also use the laundry facilities.
The front door entrance area is shared; I have a curtain that separates the foyer from my living room. Please feel free to say hello any time or let me know if you prefer more privacy. Even though the main entrance is shared, I rarely see guests unless they want to say hello or ask questions.
Because this property is in unincorporated Boulder, a short-term rental license is not required (per City guidance).
- No smoking in or around the home
- I see clients out of my home during business hours (M-F, 10 AM - 7 PM), so I ask that you respect their privacy as they come and go from the house
- Check in is after 4 PM; Check-out is 11 AM.; sometimes I can accommodate different check-in and check-out times.
- I have a dog, so if you are allergic, this may not be the best place.
- No shoes in the house. Shoe & coat storage in foyer by the front door.
- Please clean your own dishes and remove your sheets before departure and place used sheets and towels by the washer.
- Please respect our neighbors; quiet time is 11 PM - 7 AM.
- No pets under any conditions
- People other than those in guest party are not permitted to stay overnight in the property.
- No housekeeping service provided. Towels and linens are provided.
- Guests acknowledge that they have read the entire description of the listing (I like you to be informed about all aspects of the property to make sure it's a fit for you).
- The owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises. The homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- I comply with and believe strongly in AirBNB's nondiscrimination policy for inclusion and respect. Read more here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1405/airbnb-s-nondiscrimination-policy--our-commitment-to-inclusion-and-respect
I'm a relationship counselor, teacher and writer and I love Boulder. When I'm not working or doing something creative, I'm usually outdoors with my family and my Sadie pup. I have traveled the world extensively and love hosting folks from all over.