My place is 3kms from the city centre. You'll love the sunny aspect and relaxing treetop views. Zealandia Wildlife Sanctuary and the Botanic Gardens are close by. The city centre is a 35-40min walk, or a 10 min bus, or walk 20 mins to the cable car (near Victoria University). Feel like something to eat?- just a 10 minute walk to great cafes and takeaways. Park your car worry-free on my quiet no- exit street. My place is ideal for couples, groups of 2-3, solo adventurers, and business travelers.
This is a cleverly designed townhouse. Upstairs there are three bedrooms, a study/spare bedroom, two bathrooms, and a separate toilet. Downstairs are the open plan living areas, toilet, and internal access garage.
Downstairs area- lounge and kitchen:
-Store food in the fridge or pantry.
-Please ask if you wish to cook but no cooking of food with strong odours such as fish and some curries. Also if cooking your evening meal finish up by 8.30pm please.
The washing machine is for your use :
- no charge for 15 minute cold water wash
- for a hot / warm wash there is a $5.00 fee for each load. (1hour)
-I supply the washing liquid.
There are drying racks in the sunny garage.
Upstairs you will find your bedroom (comfy beds my guests tell me) and the bathroom, and toilet.
You can watch a selection of DVDs in your room.
Interaction with guests
I'm happy to share ideas for your stay in Wellington. I can let you know about things to do in Wellington, from walks to the arts; beer boutiques to the Weta Cave workshop, so just please ask. Your guest booklet includes places to visit, things to do, places to eat, and maps on how to get there.
Other things to note
Living at my home is a university student, and myself -we are usually at work all day on week-days so you usually have the house to yourselves .... along with Marlo our friendly cat.
I thank you in advance for:
1. Leaving your shoes at the entrance.
2. Letting me know if you wish to use the kitchen or washing machine and dryer so I can show you were everything is kept. ( also please no strong food doors when cooking such as fish or strong curries- I've discovered it's a bit tricky getting lingering smells out of curtains and furniture!)
3. Keeping noise to a minimum after 10 pm, please.
4. No extra guests beyond 3 ( please contact me if you have reason to exceed this)
Enjoy your stay!