My place is close to Southern Illinois University (1.5 miles), Shawnee National Forrest, Giant City State Park, many wineries. You’ll love my place because of It's clean and quiet. Both upstairs bedrooms, bathroom, * loft and balcony are yours to enjoy. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, and business travelers.
My husband and I will stick to the first floor of our home while you visit, giving you free reign upstairs.
*The loft is open to our downstairs area.
We have some games, books, movies, etc. guests can use--please ask us to show you where to find them!
There is an open loft with plenty of space to sit and hang out, and a table with 2 chairs on the balcony just for you!
The entire upstairs is available to use, including the balcony that looks out at our back yard.
You will be given a key to use the front door; please always lock it behind you.
Interaction with guests
My husband and I both work full time for the university, but usually one of us can be reached by text/call fairly quickly.
Also, this house is our primary residence, so we will not be far away--often just downstairs--if you need us!
Other things to note
The front bedroom has a TV, which has a VCR/DVD player, and dozens of movie/show options. There is no network/cable access from the tv.
The back bedroom has a desk. The desk & chair are antique; please handle with care.
- You can use the entire upstairs of our home, but please do not touch anything that is put away in closets or drawers. We do have one closet and one dresser available for your use in the back bedroom.
- There is an open loft just outside the bedrooms with two couches, one couch with a pullout bed for additional sleeping.
- The downstairs living room and bedroom are not available for guests to use.
- Check in and check out times are flexible. Please let us know your needs in advance so we can prepare accordingly.
- Absolutely no smoking inside our home, but you can smoke on the balcony, or other outside spaces, as long as you clean up after yourself.
- No loud noises/music please.
- Please do not bring in any guests that are not on the reservation.
- Check in on Fridays is only allowed at or after 9pm.
I work for SIU Aviation; I love learning new languages, meeting people from different places, and hosting them; I love food too much; I try to love Jesus; I don't like fish or seafood; watching a thunderstorm, on the porch, wrapped in a blanket with a glass of wine is close to my favorite thing in the world. These were the first random thoughts that came to my head!