Our apartment is located only 10 min. walk to the central town square (Korzo) and the castle (Stari grad). We have recently refurbished the apartment bringing lots of own work and creativity into it. So it has a warm, RUSTIC & ARTISTIC feel and everyone in the room feels like at home.
Naš je stan udaljen 10-ak minuta šetnje od Korza i Staroga Grada. Sami smo ga nedavno renovirali u pomalo rustikalnom štihu s puno detalja pa svi s oduševljenjem kažu da ima pravu toplu, kućnu atmosferu.
1) We arranged the space with great passion for NATURAL materials like old bricks, massive wood, Spanish design ceramic tiles and cotton fabrics.
We enjoyed redecorating my granny's old furniture and collecting RARE PIECES of home stuff at the flee markets.
- So we hope this place could inspire you as well for some creative work or exploring the new things!
2) In another hand, the place is FULLY EQUIPPED with all modern home appliances. You can use everything you find in our kitchen (including collection of the spices), dishwaher, washing and drying mashine.
- You have WIFI, TV and my old laptop to use.
3) You can drink your morning coffee sitting at our BIG RUSTIC table that has little BAR looking over to the big park in front of the building!
- There is also little BALCONY where you can freely smoke.
4) Varaždin is a great place for WALKS and slow coffee breaks with its old baroque center. If you would like, we can shortly TOUR you around the center and show you some interesting places or recommend what to visit.
You have the whole apartment for use - hall, bathroom, living room with kitchen, balcony and bedroom. All the space has about 52 m2.
Interaction with guests
We love to travel and socialize so if you will want company of the locals, we would glady spend some time with you reexploring the beauty of our town and surroundings.
Other things to note
In the apartment you can find basic touristic information and the map of the Varaždin. We can recommend you to visite Varaždin castle (OLD TOWN), walk through the old TOWER to STANČIĆ SQUARE and enjoy your icecream or coffee with the wide view of the castle.
If you are hungry you can find some local dishes at the nearby restaurant VERGLEC.
Now you have enough energy to continue exploring town center with its main square (KORZO) and City Hall, museums and galleries (The Museum of Angels, Sermage Gallery, Herzer Palace), churches (Cathedral, St. Nicolas) and places like the Square of Traditional Crafts and National Theatre.
Dont miss hidden places like USKA ulica (Narrow street), open MARKET (better come until noon) or Vatroslav Jagić PARK (Promenade).
Near the park there is a restaurant Angelus with good pizza and pub Medina škrinja where you can find a good selection of craft beers.
Other interesting sights in the vicinity of Varaždin are:
- Castle Trakošćan and Neandhertal Museum in Krapina
- LifeClass Terme Sveti Martin in Međimurje county
- wine region Štrigova in Međimurje county and Varaždin Hills with restaurants Zlatne gorice (Golden Vineyard) and rural tourism Grofovska klet
- castle and arboretum Opeka in Vinica
- Varaždinske Toplice with the remains of Roman terms
- You can visite town of medieval Knights Order of Hospitallers Ivanec and hike to mountain Ivanščica (1058m)
- Please, use slippers in the house and smoking is allowed at the balcony.
- Molimo Vas koristite papuče u stanu, a pušenje je dozvoljeno na balkonu.
Hi, we are a couple from Croatia, Maja and Vedo. We spent most of our lives in the capital city of Zagreb, but we wanted to escape from the hactic city life somewhere closer to nature. First we renovated and moved to our apartment in Varaždin and recently we made another step to fullfill our dreams. We have renovated a family house in the village at the hills nearby Varaždin so now we have a large garden and we are surrounded by greenery. And our apartment in the town is free to wellcome guests from all over the world :) By profession I am a journalist, and Vedo is a video technician. We both love nature, we hike a lot, love to hang out with friends, organize parties, love concerts, music and travel. We can help you find inexpensive rent-a-car, suggest interesting places to see in the vicinity of Varaždin, or help you organize you trip further to the Slovenian Alps, Bosnia and Herzegovina or the Adriatic Sea. We can recommend you good restaurants in the town or you can try some of our home-made cuisine.