Great views! Custom super comfy apartment in fantastic El Poblado location! Close to Financial District, EAFIT University, Provenza restaurants, Santa Fe & Oviedo malls, and Lleras Park. Newly refurbished apt wi lovely south-facing balcony views and luxurious beds perfect for business execs, digital nomads, couples or small groups. Set to high American standards--new appliances, washer/dryer, high-speed internet, Smart TVs wi Netflix, desk, quality kitchen, gym, garage parking. AC in master.
Enjoy this upscale, classy, and fully furnished apartment with high quality furnishings and appliances. Wake up with a morning coffee on the balcony while taking in the gorgeous views of the south end of Medellin and the lovely mountains or sip a glass of wine while watching the ever-changing sunset.
This apartment was set up as a great place to work, to relax, or as a base for exploring El Poblado and the city. It has an open feel with super comfortable beds, and is decorated and furnished to a very high standard. A choice of pillows, custom made beds with memory foam mattress toppers (from USA-great stuff) and blackout blinds in the refloored bedrooms add an unsurpassed level of comfort for your sleep. Designer paint colors and imported art add a little fun and elegance to the apartment.
Cook, order in, or eat out in style, as there are grocery stores within a 10-minute walk (Carullas) or an inexpensive taxi ride (Jumbo, Exito). The highly-rated Provenza restaurants and bars are a quick 5-minute taxi ride and Zona Dos shopping/eating is even less. Uber and taxis are inexpensive and easy to order here. Most rides within Poblado cost around $2-$4 and to Laureles, Estadio, Belen maybe up to $5-$6.
• Full size front-load washer and dryer
• Full size fridge, ice and water in door
• Table and bar area for dining (table can extend to seat 6)
• TVs in living room and both bedrooms. Smart TVs-living room and master bedroom with Netflix.
• Work area with desk/lamp and a printer/copier. (You will need to download the printer server for wireless printing). Starter paper and ink provided.
• Luxurious beds with new high-quality mattresses, 2” memory foam custom toppers made of top quality USA foam (can be removed should you desire a firmer bed)
• Air conditioner wall unit in master bedroom (only) with remote (I have used once. It cools so nicely at night I find I don’t need it.)
• Floor fan
• Fully stocked kitchen
• Balcony with beautiful views
• Great hot water! Gas in-line water heater, remember it takes up to 30 seconds for the hot water to get to the faucet
• Plenty of storage-walk in closet in bedroom, hall closet, storage area off balcony, console in master bedroom
• Secure building, 24 hr security with doorman
• Covered parking space if you need it (if not please let me know)
• Inexpensive Uber and Taxi transportation (see apartment instructions in the apartment for tips on Uber and maps)
You probably are aware Medellin is the “City of Eternal Spring” because of its nearly perfect climate. The nighttime lows are usually 57-65F and the daytime highs are 78-88F. Afternoons can be a little warm. You will have a floor fan available and the master bedroom has an air conditioning unit with remote control (I have used it one time). Breezes cool and refresh the apartment. Being on the hill (Loma Alejandria) means it is slightly cooler than in the lower, flatter portions of the city. Stronger breezes and/or rain often start in the afternoon. You must be careful with open windows if it is breezy. Doors can slam shut, so I recommend leaving windows closed when leaving and only slightly open when it is breezy-with blinds open. Closing the bedroom doors is also a good idea.
You will have full access to the apartment, with a 24-hour doorman. There is a telephone in the apartment from which you can call the doorman (or other local calls). Visitors will always be announced via a phone call from the doorman.
A small gym is available in the building.
A parking spot is available for your convenience. Should you require this for your own vehicle please let me or Lizette know.
Interaction with guests
Co-hostess Lizette will be available by phone from 9am to 9pm. Urgent calls can be placed earlier or later. I will be available by email for general inquiries or questions about the apartment, etc. I can also be reached via What's App, (text or phone call).
- Minimum stay 30 days. Stays over 90 days possible, please contact hostess.
- Please be courteous of others in the building-no loud noises after 10pm weekdays.
- Cleaning services can be arranged on weekly/biweekly basis at your expense. Contact hostess.
- For safety considerations, one child age 12 or older is welcome.
- A common space is available on ground floor of building to rent for events. See doorman.
-Small gym on premise--downstairs
-Please adhere to building and city regulations, no illegal activities.
Greetings and welcome to Medellin! I am a business woman, excited at the prospect of traveling and reveling in new cultures, food, and sights. Some of my favorite experiences around the world have been viewing Igauzu Falls in Argentina, Lake Bled in Slovenia, climbing Montana Machu Picchu in Peru, swimming with sharks in Belize, floating the Grand Canal in Venice, gorging on ceviche in Lima, eating gelato on the streets of Rome, learning family history with kilt-wearing relatives in Scotland, and skiing in my motherland the United States.
Getting to know Medellin has been marvelous, and I will return many times to live,enjoy the city, Colombia, and all of Latin America!
The apartment was chosen, custom furnished, and updated by me, with my guests in mind. Guests who desire a comfortable, high-quality apartment in El Poblado from which to enjoy their stay in Medellin as a digital nomad, an executive, a couple, or a small group exploring the city.
Views from the balcony and windows are fabulous, Paisas are friendly and helpful, the area and building are safe, the apartment classy and comfortable with proximity to fun nightlife and important business centers such as the financial district and EAFIT university.
My Medellin friend/cohost: Lizette is a wonderfully kind, helpful and pleasant, fully bilingual English/Spanish woman living and working in Medellin. She resides in Laureles, another fun and worthwhile neighborhood. She was born in Bogota and lived for many years in the United States, and now makes her home in Medellin. She can help guide you for shopping, offers interpretation services, Spanish lessons (Pimsleur method), and can help you out in most situations.
Lizette and I are looking forward to getting to know you.