Stay with us!
We’re a LGBTQ, POC friendly, multilingual home in a huge loft in South Berkeley and we have our private room to rent on February 10th to 12th. Very clean and cozy shoes off house -feel truly at home. Quiet and safe neighborhood, walking distance Ashby Bart train station, cafes, restaurants and supermarkets.
Free street parking, wi-fi, washer and dryer, full kitchen and fridge space.
It’s a gorgeous huge home in South Berkeley, a quiet residential neighborhood which is safe to walk day and night.
Only 4 blocks from Ashby Bart train station, 10 min bike to downtown Berkeley and downtown Oakland and 25-40 min on the train to San Francisco. Walking distance to cafes, bars, supermarkets, etc. Great location! Easy to get everywhere with car, public transit or even by bike (you might be able to borrow ours).
The communal space has two levels with lots of natural light: a big living room, dining room, kitchen, and 3 large loft spaces –one for yoga/meditation, one work/library and one music/lounge area). No pets and no smoking please.
Interaction with guests
We will be sharing our home, bread and butter, music and conversations. Most of us are vegetarians.
- Female water scientist who loves chocolate, dancing, being outdoors, learning languages, and geeking out over cyanotoxins.
- Argentinian male who loves cooking, yoga, baking delicious bread, has mastered spreadsheets, and is generally the sweetest ever (sharing room with above person!)
- Male writer, accordionist, photographer, master salad chef and mechanic engineer
- Queer femme guitarist, cookie baker, who is passionate about plants and smiling.
Other things to note
Your private room is on the first floor (by stairs), with a comfortable queen size bed, natural light, very quiet and retreated. You are welcome to use the closet and some drawers for your clothes. Recently re-modeled private bathroom.
- Shoes off inside the house
- Put dirty dishes in dishwasher
- Treat space respectfully
- Be reasonably quiet after 11pm
Friendly, easy going, relaxed and patient.
I enjoy a serious conversation about any random silly matter. I don't like taking life too seriously. I smile a lot and lought quite often; laughter is a great medicine, just like Voltaire says: "I decided to be happy because it is excellent for one's health"