Honey Eater cottage is located 4 min's walk from Margaret River, its restaurants, cafe's and art galleries. It has close access to scenic walk & bike trails through karri and jarrah forest. Bike & surf board hire included. Having just opened our doors to the public on the 12th of March 2017, we look forward to meeting you!
Staying at this hidden gem you will be able to enjoy a relaxed and tranquil space in a central location. The cottage is well designed, modern and comfortable. We offer free WIFI, TV, full gourmet kitchen/dishwasher, fridge/freezer, wood fire/reverse cycle air-conditioning and a private and relaxing outdoor patio with BBQ & lawned area for the kids. We also offer the free use of a trampoline, bicycles, surf boards and bodyboards.• Instagram #honeyeatercottage
Nestled in tranquil gardens we invite you to rest and enjoy the sound of the birds. The gardens are a main feature of this cottage; they are organic and have many rare and unusual edible species and cottage plants. The gardens are also home to many species of birds, you will be treated to bird song every morning and birds bathing in the bath in the evenings. The cottage offers both privacy and space. • Please note children will need to be supervised in the garden.
This is a perfect central base for guests wanting to explore beaches, vineyards, restaurants, world renown surf breaks, galleries, all the best that Margaret River has long been famous for.
• 2 minute walk to the main street, popular cafes, restaurants and art galleries.
• 10 minute drive to local iconic beaches.
• The local favourites ‘Drift' cafe & the Margaret River bakery are only 2 streets away.
• 2 minute walk to iconic Karri tree forest walks and bicycle trails
• 2 minute walk to famous farmers market
The cottage is a freestanding 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house. You will have the entire property to yourselves and do not share the property with anyone else. There is plentiful parking for up to 2 vehicles
Interaction with guests
Limited interaction for your privacy. I live on the property in a separate section but I often work away, however I’m just a phone call or text message away if you need anything.
Other things to note
All linen, towels, pillows and doonas are provided. Other amenities include dishwashing liquid, dishwasher tablets, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, cooking oil, salt, pepper, tea, coffee and sugar. A porta cot and high chair are also available. Minimum 2 night stay. Minimum 3 night stay for long weekends. Minimum 5 night stay for Christmas and New Years.
Our cottage is best suited to one or two couples and small families. Not suited to 5 or 6 singles or party groups. There are three bedrooms 2 bedrooms with queen beds and the third bedroom has two singles.
* Please note, only the beds paid and agreed upon at time of booking will be available for use, all other rooms will be locked.
*This is not a party house and we ask that you respect the neighbouring properties in regards to noise.
*Check out time is strictly 10am unless prearranged, when we can offer a late check out we will, guests not out by 10am will be charged a minimum fee of $50.
Not suitable for pets
No parties or events
Check-in is after 2PM
- Situated in a residential area, so please keep noise to a minimum.
- No pets are allowed.
- This is a non smoking property.
1. Be aware that using the fireplace is a fire risk, if you are unsure on how to use it safely please contact us and we will guide you, do not try and use it yourself if you are not confident.
2. Please make sure you turn off the gas stove when you leave.
3. Please do not enter the fenced area at the back of the property.
4. Please leave the plastic tub in the kitchen sink, its there to protect the ceramic sink from getting damaged.
5. Quiet time after 10pm please respect the neighbours as they have small children.
We have created a nest where you can enjoy everything Margaret River has to offer. As a horticulturist I have created a garden for you to relax into, a haven for birds, creating your own very special experience with nature. The lifestyle here is unique, locally produced gourmet food, world famous wine and amazing artisans. We have some of the most spectacular beaches on the planet and the surf here is world renown. Honey Eater cottage is our way of sharing our lifestyle with you, a new project, a chance to indulge my passion in creating amazing spaces. I look forward to sharing my local tips, favorite restaurants and beaches with you!