*SUPERHOST HOUSE* This home decor is tastefully designed around the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo & located within waking distance to the convention center, local breweries, boutique art galleries and tasteful eateries. While close to everything to see and do in SD, it offers a sense of retreat and privacy from the hustle of your busy day. It is less than 1 mile from the Convention Center/Petco Park. Casa Frida House is nestled behind our home in the historic neighborhood of Sherman Heights.
The is a unique find right in the heart of the City of San Diego. Casa Frida House is a historic bungalow built in the early 1940's . Much of original charm has been preserved. The exterior is brightly colored in a traditional Mexican color palette and features plenty of outside space to enjoy San Diego living: propane grill, Jacuzzi hot spa to soak after a busy day, multiple decks, bistro tables and lounge chairs and umbrellas. You can either soak in the sun or enjoy the breeze under the Olive Trees or the canopy of Queen Palms surrounding the hot tub. We even have bikes that you can use during your stay to scurry around town; just let us know in advance so we can ensure we can reserve them for you and your guests and provide any proper maintenance before your arrival. San Diego weather permits outside living all year round and Casa Frida House is cozy inside but offers plenty of patio space to enjoy the perfect San Diego weather.
You will have access to the entire house. We have owned our property for 13 years now and absolutely love living here. We live in the front house and there are 3 adorable cottages (casitas) behind our home around a central courtyard. The outside courtyard space is shared so please be courteous and friendly. We also have a coin operated washer and dryer on the property in case you need it. The cottage has laundry soap and dryer sheets under the sink for your convenience.
Interaction with guests
My husband and I are happy to open up a bottle of wine and talk or provide suggestions on what to do while in San Diego. However, our interactions could be minimal if you prefer more independence as you explore this wonderful City! Either way I am very responsive through text for whatever questions may arise throughout your stay.
Other things to note
Please note that if you are staying throughout the week. There is street sweeping on the East Side of 25th Street between 8AM -10AM on Tuesdays and on the West Side of 25th Street between 8AM-10AM on Thursdays. There are signs posted along the street as well but as a courtesy I wanted to highlight it here to avoid you from getting a parking ticket if you park your vehicle along 25th street during your stay.
1) No smoking in the house. You are welcome to smoke outside in the patio area we just ask that you are respectful and dispose appropriately of your cigarettes and ashes.
2) No parties. Please be courteous of the neighbors and respect that they are not on vacation. However, still have fun and enjoy yourself.
3) No additional people without prior arrangements. The house occupancy limit is 4 people maximum.
4) Absolutely no glass in the Jacuzzi area. Plastic cups are provided in the kitchen cabinets.
5) We ask that you wash all dishes before your departure.
6) Do not remove the HDMI cord from the TV or disconnect the cable. A $25 fee will be assessed upon your departure if you have tampered with the cable/internet connections or TV.
7) Quiet Hours observed after 10PM on the property as a courtesy to our neighbors who may not be on vacation.
8) Missing items – if there is anything missing such as towels, bedding, home goods or broken; you will be assessed a replacement fee.
From Jul 18 - 21, 2018 the minimum stay is 4 nights.
This host has 85 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi! We are ildi & rene. We have been married for 17 years and love to host people and plan fabulous/memorable experiences. We are fortunate enough to own a home with 3 cottages behind it. Being Airbnb hosts was a perfect fit. We love visiting local breweries and spending weekends exploring San Diego vineyards for wine tasting. We are both very busy professionals and like to stay busy with family and our workouts so you may not even notice we are home but if you would like like recommendations on local eateries, please come knock on our front door or send us a message. We like to respect our guests privacy but would love to meet new people as well. We currently have one cottage on Airbnb with a beach theme decor and coming soon: Casa Frida House Mexican Decor & Mid Century Modernism Decor.