Stay at Black Oak Hill while you explore Yosemite National Park and the gold country. Outside the 2017 Detwiler Fire zone. At the top of a gated property at 3100 feet (945 meters), our house captures a lot of natural light with views of the mountains. It's 31 miles (50 km) to the Arch Rock entrance of Yosemite and 6 miles (9 km) to the historic gold mining town of Mariposa. Price includes tax.
The bedroom sleeps up to 2 (queen bed). The bathroom is in the hall outside the bedroom and is shared. There is a hallway door that separates these rooms from the rest of the house. No locks on the bedroom or hallway doors. Our house is on a 12-acre (5-ha) property and it sits on the highest point with lots of southern exposure and a starry night sky that is rare to witness in California. Wildlife seen on the property include deer, quail, turkeys, rabbits, songbirds and raptors.
You have access to the kitchen, dining table, decks, and living room. You prepare your own meals.
Interaction with guests
We will be staying and working on the property during your stay.
Other things to note
- Mariposa County Transient Occupancy Certified in 2015. There is an 11% county tax. The tax amount is listed in our response to your booking. The listing fees include 10% of the tax and we pay the additional 1%.
- If your preferred dates are not available on this calendar and you are flexible, send us an inquiry.
- Guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or spouse over 18 years old
- Anyone over 1 year old is a paying guest
- Community quiet hours 10 pm to 8 am
- Maximum 2 people (Guests over 1 year old)
- No open flames or sparks inside or outside the home
- No smoking includes e-cigarettes (except in carport)
- No feeding wildlife
- Do not move indoor furniture or make any alterations to the premises
- Do not violate any county ordinance, state or federal law in or about the premises
- Guests do not hold Host liable for any injuries incurred in or around the premises
- Host is neither responsible nor liable for Guests’ personal property
- Guests are legally responsible for the cost of all damages
This host has 21 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We are both native San Franciscans who love the outdoors. For many years, we were National Park Service park rangers and lived in amazing places such as Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Rocky Mountains, and Yosemite. Our passion is to enjoy the wild places around the world and marvel at their uniqueness, beauty and intricate balance.
After working with park visitors who traveled from all over the world to see America's national parks, we wanted to invite guests to stay in our home as they enjoy the Yosemite area. We spent 5 years remodeling this house with our own hands while working in Yosemite. We started hosting in 2015 and have enjoyed meeting people from all walks of life who also want to enjoy the beauty of Yosemite.
Life's two most important questions:
Who am I?
What do I want?
The only moment I have is now.