Pretty stone cottage on the outside - modern interior and superfast broadband on the inside. Idyllic country setting with only the sheep and birds in view. Perfect for 2 adults who want a quiet bolt-hole in a truly beautiful location. Sofabed can sleep extra person if required and travel cot also available for baby.
All on one level but step at front door. Modern shower-room. Living/dining/kitchen combined. Great superking-size bed in bedroom but can be split into two singles - just ask in advance and I'll make up whichever format you like. Small double sofabed in living area (firm!) for extra adult or child. Travel cot also available (best for pre-climbing age baby) + high chair/potty etc. Very well fitted kitchen area with oven, hob, microwave, fridge and freezer. Full CH but also cosy 'log-burner' effect electric fire. Smart TV hooked up to superfast broadband with Freeview and catch-up. Free superfast wi-fi. Own patio area with garden furniture + you can store bikes/walking gear/mucky stuff in our shed. Cottage looks out on small fenced paddock which you can enjoy as you choose (games! doggy exercise! sheep-watching! star-gazing...!) Car parking space. Well behaved dog welcome - please bring own dog-bed and gear, and promise to keep pooch off all furniture. But we should warn you there is a light coloured carpet we'd like to keep clean (stupid we know but we inherited it).
Interaction with guests
We live in the old farmhouse beside Garden Cottage but we very much want you to be as independent as you like. We may even be away during some visits - but if we're here and can help with anything that's fine too.
Other things to note
No streetlights! (Bring a torch if you are nocturnal). We have two very friendly rescue greyhounds who regularly run outside, so no aggressive dogs please - and all drive/garden/paddock gates must be kept closed at all times or our boys will go off on an adventure.
- Dirty shoes/boots off at door and in marked cupboard please - clean footwear in house
- Same for paws! Clean doggy feet at door please - and keep all pets off furniture. Please don't leave your dog in the cottage on its own.
- Please pick up dog poo - but that goes without saying
- Please don't cook anything that's likely to leave strong after-cooking smells that linger for ages in the atmosphere and furniture. It's not fair on the next guests arriving to have to experience what the previous guests had for dinner the evening before.
- No bikes to be taken into the cottage - thank you. If you need to take a baby buggy in, no problem - I can supply an old rug for it to sit on.
- Smoking is permitted outside cottage on patio or in the paddock