26 Canning St is one of a pair of lovely Georgian cottages that were built in 1825 for officers of the British military garrison when Launceston was first settled. The cottages are some of the oldest buildings in Launceston.
A sympathetic renovation with tasteful and modern furnishings was completed in 2016 and this has just been complemented with all new furniture, fittings and beds.
The two bedroom cottage comfortably accommodates four people with off-street parking for up to two cars.
The bedrooms are upstairs. Bedroom 1 is large and overlooks Canning Street, has a king bed that can convert into two singles and Bedroom 2 which overlooks the historic churches of Launceston has a double bed. The private and secure rear garden and outdoor entertainment area offers all day sun in a great setting overlooking the old churches and historic homes.
The kitchen is well appointed giving you the option of cooking your own meal. The comfortable lounge with a lovely gas log fire has an assortment of books and movies as well as a sound bar to listen to music. The dining room with its old wood stove provides a relaxed space to dine, utilise the study nook or simply enjoy a pre-dinner drink. The cosy and functional bathroom overlooks the garden and has a washing machine. There is free wi fi.
A keyless lock provides convenience and ease of access with an individual code sent prior to arrival.
You have sole access to the entire cottage and garden
Interaction with guests
We live nearby and are happy to help with any aspect of your stay.
- If 2 people are staying and you would like to use the second bedroom (i.e. for those not travelling as a couple), please book as three people (extra $20/night). We have found this is the fairest way to cover the real additional cleaning and laundry costs of using the second bedroom.
- Please be considerate of our neighbours so we kindly ask to keep things on the quieter-side after 10pm.
- Whilst we do a thorough professional clean between each guest stay, we kindly ask that prior to leaving, you clean and put away any dishes or kitchenware used and put any dirty towels in the bathroom. It helps us get through our cleaning process quicker and allows us to keep cleaning costs down for you and future guests.
- To keep our costs down (and pass those savings on to our guests) we kindly ask that you switch off lights, the A/C and the gas heater when not in use or leaving the house. Nature thanks you too.
- Check-in is at 3pm, and check-out is by 11am. Arriving slightly earlier, or want that extra hour to sleep? Should be fine, but please check with us first.