About this listing
Welcome to your home in a little paradise out of time and space! The house is in Cabo Espichel, in a protected National Park, about 45 min from Lisbon.
Our home is a small traditional house, in a very small village surrounded by the ocean. Here the time runs differently... Not according to the clocks, but according to the waves of the infinite ocean, the marine breeze, the singing of the birds, the smell of the flowers, the calm pace of the lazy cats, and most of all... according to our hearts.
The area is absolutely amazing... at each turn you can find a different climbing spot, a new cave, or a secret beach with dolphins jumping on the horizon. The paths are flanked by colourful wild flowers and the seagulls will accompany you along the way. If you love nature and peace, this is the place to be. You can go surfing, climbing, hiking, kayaking, cave exploring, biking, etc etc.
Our home is small, simple and cozy. There are two rooms (one for you and one for me), one kitchen (with stove, oven, toaster, juice machine, fridge and washing machine) and a bathroom with bathtub. There is Wifi and hot water, but no microwave, as I believe it is not very good for our health.
Respecting others and the environment is crucial for me. I live in a very small neighbourhood and I really value my relationship with my neighbours (mostly sweet old ladies). We are almost like a family here and for me it is very important that everyone respects the place and the locals, to keep it as authentic and beautiful as it is. In line with this, environmental awareness is also central. I recycle as much as I can and try to use as little resources and produce as little garbage as possible. I would appreciate if you would do the same. The neighbours have some chickens, goats and sheep, so it is possible to get some local biological eggs and cheese, if you like.
You will have your private room and access to a shared bathroom and kitchen. You will be sharing the common areas with me :)
- This is my private little house, which I decided to share with guests, as I believe this is a beautiful and nice place to feel peaceful and connect with Nature. It is NOT a hostel or hotel, so you should not expect an hotel service. I will try to keep everything as clean and nice for you as possible, but please keep in mind this is an old country house in the nature, so you may find some rusty spots or a spider sometimes.
- You can use the kitchen facilities as you please. But please keep it clean. I am vegetarian and I will be very grateful if you avoid bringing meat or fish to the house.
- If something breaks, please tell me. I know accidents happen and I am understanding about that. So please let me know of any damages, so we can sort it out in the best possible way.
- If you are not happy about something, please let me know. I am glad to help and I want you to have a really good time here! :)
- Please do not disturb the neighbours and do not make loud noise after 10pm.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View other reviews