Cosy king size brass bed, plus fitted wardrobe, cupboards, drawers and desk - all in the private Library of large Victorian shared house. Centrally located: train stations, University, New Theatre Royal, Guildhall, Kings Theatre, seafront and Common and other Southsea attractions are all within reasonable walking distance.
Private library / spare room in friendly shared house in central location in Southsea. King size brass bed, fitted cupboards, drawers, wardrobe, desk/study space and chair.
Share a large, high quality dining area with other members of the household.
Choice of three bathrooms, so queues to the loo are rare and very unlikely events.
Small enclosed garden. Broadband Wi-Fi (and TV Licence) and washing machine and eco-drying facilities.
Tea and coffee facilities available any time;
Breakfast (between 6.00am and 10.30am): Help yourself to really good homemade muesli, bread, toast, butter, peanut butter and marmalade, tea or coffee.
Long stay guests are welcome to share the use of my kitchen to store small quantities of their own food and the cooking facilities to prepare their evening meal. Cleaning materials and a dishwasher are supplied to assist in cleaning up afterwards.
The host withholds the right to deny the use of these facilities if a guest abuses their privileges.
Interaction with guests
Friendly, easy going household. Host's small friendly dog. You are welcome to chat in the comfortable spacious kitchen, and you are equally free to maintain your privacy in your own room. There are no curfews so you can come and go as you please!
Other things to note
There is generally plenty of parking space in the street alongside the property, but please note that Portsmouth City Council operate a residents' only parking permit scheme in most areas of Southsea including this one. The first 3 hours of parking a day is free of charge, then car parkers must obtain a permit from the resident they are interacting with (that's me!). Permits can be purchased via me for 12 hours; 24 hours; 4 days; and one week, from an operator RingGo. Charges seem to fluctuate, but are currently in the region of £2.20 per 24 hours parking; £5.90 for four days. Unfortunately the system doesn't seem to allow a block of less than four days.... :(
- Please clean up properly after yourself in common areas EVERY TIME YOU USE THEM!
- Please note that this is a large, local authority licenced shared domestic household not a hotel.
- Please be thoughtful about other members of the household sleeping if you are returning to your room late at night.
- Please let me or Kriss know of any problems you may be experiencing settling in to our home. We put a lot of effort in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and comfort for guests staying in what is our home but sometimes in life there can be hiccups of which we are not aware if you don't bring them to our attention.
- No meals or takeaways to be eaten in the bedrooms, there is a lovely big kitchen dining room for that.
- Please don't drink in bed unless you can clean and dry your spillages!
- This is an eco-friendly household, please help save valuable resources by switching off lights when you don't need them, conserving water, and turning your room thermostat down to "0" before opening windows for ventilation.
- Our dog is very friendly and will train you to throw his ball if you allow him......please try to resist his encouragement to do this!
- Please leave the bathroom as you would wish to find it.... please don't let me have to repeat the importance of this?
- Please leave all areas you use clean and tidy and as you would hope to find them yourself...
- Please also be a little tolerant that other people's standards of tidiness may not be quite as high as yours, although clean means clean!
- Any breakages must be paid for.
- Please respect the peace and tranquility of the house.
- Please respect this is our home and I and other members of the household clean the common areas deeply and frequently... please, please don't mess our hard work up and leave it for someone else to deal with?
- Remember to leave your house keys when you depart.
- Fittings, fixtures, furniture and pictures, ornaments and wall hangings must not be tampered with or removed from the property.
- No smoking.
- No candles or other naked flames allowed within the rooms.
- You may store some food in allocated spaces in the kitchen. Please do not use other housemates' food!
- 1 guest per double room (additional guest will be charged 50% single occupancy rate)
- No shoes in the house, please....remember to bring your slippers!
- Just because we may not meet often does not mean we are not at home. Please note that we also go out to work at various times, but I will ensure that one of us, Kriss or I will be available to greet you and show you around the house and help you to settle in.
- Please keep us informed of your estimated time of arrival... early notification would be very much appreciated. Remember it's our home not a hotel :)
- The use of my kitchen's resources for cooking is reserved primarily for the use of long-term residents. If you are uncertain please ask me or Kriss, preferably before you arrive.
- Breakfast foods - bread, butter, marmalade, peanut butter, and muesli - are supplied and available between the hours of 5.30am and 10.30am. Guests must provide for their other meals.
This host has 27 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi, my name's Liz and I hope that you will feel welcome and comfortable during your stay in my home. I am friendly and easy going, helpful and hard working. I treat people in the way that I hope to be treated, I am very happy to chat and help you plan your travel and visits in and around Portsmouth, and assist you with any technical problems you may have settling in...of course in order to resolve any problems it's essential that you communicate these with me - I am still very poor at mind-reading..! I will leave you in peace if that's what you are seeking during your stay. My 'side-kick' is a small, friendly and enthusiastic dog. I tend to keep him in just one part of the house and out of the way as much as possible, although many of my guests have told me that he is one of the main attractions of their stay here, and will come out of their way to find and play with him!