One bed room apartment locates on ground floor of a 1930's home in Silverlake. There are one big bedroom with one comfy queen bed and a pull-out sofa bed, making it possible to fit up to 4 people, big built -in wardrobe, Cable TV, one big bath room with shower/bathtub, and a small full equipped kitchenette. The stairway to upper floor is sealed up by thick curtains to block noise, creating complete privacy. No access to upper floor or garden. Suitable for business traveller or busy tourists.
This 500 sqft place is more like a standard one bed room apartment without a real kitchen. There are separe bed room with its own lock and huge built-in wardrobe, a kitchenette area in hallway and a big bath/shower. Wifi and Cable TV with HBO are available. Kitchenette is equipped with toaster/oven, Keurig coffee machine, electric kettle and small fridge. We stock environmental friendly disposable coffee cups/dishes/bowls/spoons/forks/chopsticks/napkins in the red kitchen cabinet. Complimentary coffee pods/tea/sugar are in the wall cabinet.
Complimentary fruits and bagels or crossaints or bread are provided
Complimentary drink and water are provided
Bathroom amenities are also provided in case you do not bring your own stuff.
For lunch/dinner needs, Sunset Blvd within walking distance has lots of great eateries/ coffee shops that offer to-go services. Trader's Joe's, 365 Whole Foods, and Gelson's market are a short drive from the place.
For laundry needs, there are laundromats within walking distance on Sunset Blvd or short drive around the area.
You can park on the street in front of our place, or any where, it is free, and the road is not busy. Our cars are parked on our own drive way. If the street is full (which is not always), we can squeeze in for your car.
The place has its own entrance to our drive way and street. No access upstair or other parts of the house.
Interaction with guests
I'm a clothing business owner who works at home so I will be available by text/phone or in person most of the time. My husband is an educator and our daughter is a 3rd grader. We are hospitable and glad to meet new people, making their stay memorable but at the same time respect their time, space and privacy and we hope to be respected the same way.
Other things to note
- We have a small dog who is very friendly but can be mouthy with strangers at first few minutes, especially male human. However, she stays upstair at all time, you might just hear her barking hello, that's all.
- Unfortunately we do not host guests under 18 yrs old unless accompanied by adults.
- Check in and out time can be changed depending on when my next guest arrives, so feel free to ask.
- PLEASE NOTE that i will ONLY accept a reservation if you have a clear profile picture of yourself posted to your account. Anyone else shows up to check in to the home that is not the person we accepted, for example if you are renting for your friend, boss, employee, or anyone else, we will cancel your reservation upon arrival.
- No Filming or photoshoots
- Do not throw any papers/tampons/rubbish inside the toilet
- Turn OFF all lights and heater when leaving
- Be WATER WISE, do not waste water
- NO overnight visitors without paying as extra guest
- No visitors without prior approval
- Under 18 years old guests must be accompanied by an adult.
May Jones - a clothing business owner who has a fashion store in Vietnam, working from home in Los Angeles where I live with my husband Michael Jones, who is a high school teacher at John Marshall High school in Franklin Hill and our 3rd grader daughter, Angelina Jones.
I love travelling but do not travel much in recent years due to work and family commitments. Outside working for my store, I do gardening projects around my house.
My life motto:
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou